RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Maul smirks at Giant's defiance against superstitions.
"Witchcraft!" he whispers to Murkatos with an exaggerated facial expression dubbing Giant's typical gesture.

(04-30-2016, 12:39 AM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]"What for! What for! How about payment for one! Trips like these don't fund themselves. There are countless reasons why we must investigate these burial chambers. Besides, like Giant said, the "key" could be in one of these tombs. Very good Giant. Right about those adamantine bolts, this place is a treasure trove!" Lugar turns to the work of gathering the valuables to put into Giant's sack caught up in his gold lust and excited to begin breaking into the next tomb.

While Giant tries to break the adamantine bolts (and fails) Maul scolds Lugar.
"Trips like these are financed by the Council of Sea Jewel, dwarf. Whatever you find is your treasure, true, but don't bring excuses. If you wish to be a graverobber, go on, but don't expect me to aid you in times of need."

(04-30-2016, 12:39 AM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]"If you want you can say a blessing for the dead."

"I already have one to pray for, remember?" the priest responds in a spiteful manner on the dwarf's foul attitude. (OOC - well played for your Charisma Smile )

Wait.... What is it about the key you mentioned? Murkatos asks.
(OOC has anyone explained the armorer the mission yet? noone that I'd remember...)

Meanwhile Giant changes his mind and instead of breaking them considers breaking something else with them. While they are too small to act as weapons for his hands they would act pretty well as metallic clubs (footman's maces) for children. But more likely, gnome or halfling children.
(05-02-2016, 07:03 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Wait.... What is it about the key you mentioned? Murkatos asks.
(OOC has anyone explained the armorer the mission yet? noone that I'd remember...)

Meanwhile Giant changes his mind and instead of breaking them considers breaking something else with them. While they are too small to act as weapons for his hands they would act pretty well as metallic clubs (footman's maces) for children. But more likely, gnome or halfling children.

We are looking for a special key here. - he shows him a key he have - You know, a key. -  then he is focusing on the treasure again
Lugar continues to rummage through the sarcophagi picking out the valuables from the bones with expert practice. After he's finished it occurs to him that there could be secret passages inside the tombs so he climbs into the sarcophagi, standing on the bones. Using one of his daggers he begins tapping around the walls with his ear held close.

Under his breath he mumbled something in response to Maul, "maybe I won't look for traps and then it'll be your arse."

Take 20 with search
So far the two opened and searched Tiant's sarcophagus.
Which should come next?
Ooc - Lugar was searching the sarcophagi for secret passages or hidden compartments while Giant wrestled with the adamantine bolts. Might as well start at the top of the list and go down.
Lugar needs Giant's support to lift the slabs off the shoulders and all in all it takes quite some time. If Giant agrees I'll proceed describing what happens and stop at the first unexpected event (if any).
Giant agrees.
ooc - player agrees too, Sirrith's will be the last
ooc - when we open Porin's we will summon Torin :-)
OOC - trying to buy time for the other PCs to get here but you are sooo eager to continue so let's proceed...

TOGAR - you find the skeleton of a man easily the size of Silent Giant, once clad in rich furs; the ranger guesses it's some kind of ordinary animal but cannot tell more after so many years of decay and desiccation. He wore a shining headband that looks like stainless silver; set with five sapphires cut in octagonal shape like this. He's buried with a mighty warhammer (shaft useless, head rusted but may).

SILENTHOS - The skeleton suggests a less robust build. The clothing is similar, probably the same unknown species. The headband features but a single sapphire. He was buried with no weapon but has a pair of bracelets matching the headband.

LUGANT - Another warrior prince with a metal headband inlaid with five sapphires (possibly fake) and a similarly deteriorated hammer.

PORIN - Another prince with a golden headband inlaid with three sapphires and a full iron battle axe (centuries old, in bad condition)

TIANT - see above.

PORANT - The clothing and jewellery resembles that of Tiant but the headband is clearly golden with authentic sapphires and there is a mithril scepter (a light mace).

SERMOUR - As the party reaches this slab you notice that it is loosely fit with the two top bolts; the other four are missing.
Will you open this one?
(05-04-2016, 08:33 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]SERMOUR - As the party reaches this slab you notice that it is loosely fit with the two top bolts; the other four are missing.
Will you open this one?

Giant examines the place of missing bolts how they are picked off. So it's possible to pick them. He waits Lugar and helps him to open this slab too.

Someone ahead us?

ooc - his favored enemies are undead, does he know something about sarcophagi, mummy, vampire, etc?

OOC - I think second ghost was Sermour
OOC - why are not here Maul, Murkatos and Toot? :-)
We have:
TO-RIN
SILEN-T-G-IANT
LU-GAR
POR-THOS
Who is PO-ANT-ANT??? :-)
Giant risks getting a stroke but all he can recall from past experience is that tombs have a lot to do with undead. Which kind, he has no idea.

OOC1 - yes the bolts can be removed completely. Did I say something else? I even wrote that they may act like tiny maces (OOC - light mace for small characters or heavy mace for tiny characters)
OOC2 - No comment on Sermour Smile
OOC3 - No comment on the names either Smile but feel free to brainstorm in the OOC thread. The theory closest to the true explanation will be rewarded but I won't tell who won until the entire thing is revealed IC...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41