RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(03-01-2016, 05:40 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]With the help of Giant, Lugar emerges from the water.  Catching his breath Lugar reports, "The tunnel continues about sixty feet with a slight turn then opens up to a larger area.  In the open area I saw two large figures, almost the size of giants, and dim light.  The entire area was under water."  The thought of ghosts and other monsters made him a little skittish, but he wasn't about to admit to that.  "I can go back  and see what those creatures really were and look for air pockets, I just wanted to let you know what's ahead."

SG nods. - Be careful.
Lugar will head back into the water to investigate the creatures and the open area again.
Lugar disappears again and ventures as close to the creatures as he dares.
He can get a closer look from a surprisingly premier seat [ooc - rolled natural 20 for stealth Wink ]

[Image: 4dc2de01-438d-4bc5-96ce-6c95b6b61c49_zpsvg10e0hw.png]

Beyond the guards the area seems to be a relatively shallow bog and the light filtering in is reddish, similar to sunset sky. Lugar can make out several tree trunks and roots, plenty of hiding place for many, hunters and prey alike. To have a better look, though, he should risk swimming through between the two "guardians".
Ooc - I apologize for the late response, been busy today. I recognize that creature as my Mother-in-law! I lure her away with money...

Knowing that he can't hold his breath forever, Lugar quickly runs through his options.
1) Try to distract the creatures away from the area with noise. (thunderstone)
2) Try to tie his magic rope around an appendage and give two tugs, hoping Silent Giant can pull one away while he dispatches the other one.
3) Lure the creatures back to his companions, using his 'enlarge person' ability and magic hat to mimic the creatures.

Lugar makes a bold move, first he unties himself and holds onto the rope with one hand, then he concentrates to appear as one of the creatures, finally enlarging himself like he was taught long ago. After his transformation is complete he makes himself known to the creatures and beckons them to follow. If they start towards him he will give two tugs on the rope and swim back to the group.
Just to confirm-- the creatures have a space of 10' and the tunnel is 5' wide. You can be pulled but you can't really maneuver in such tight space and you may get stuck on some protrusions. Are you sure?
Ooc - In that case no, I was imagining the tunnel was larger. My mistake.

Lugar remembers Giant's piece of advice, "be careful," and the odds were stacked against him. One small misstep and these large creatures could set upon him, he wasn't comfortable fighting under water anyway. Better to fall back and regroup with his companions while he goes unnoticed. He stays as long as he can observing the creatures and the surroundings for any clue as to their purpose here. He will swim back and inform the group again.
(03-03-2016, 07:38 AM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc - In that case no, I was imagining the tunnel was larger. My mistake.

Lugar remembers Giant's piece of advice, "be careful," and the odds were stacked against him.  One small misstep and these large creatures could set upon him, he wasn't comfortable fighting under water anyway.  Better to fall back and regroup with his companions while he goes unnoticed.  He stays as long as he can observing the creatures and the surroundings for any clue as to their purpose here.  He will swim back and inform the group again.

Do you saw their back or face? Are they staying or patroling? (ooc - 1. back - maybe there is the natural entrance of this evil place and they don't want to enter anyone; 2. face - they are guarding something there
OOC - Very clever...
Apparently, anyone passing either direction could be easily spotted by the creatures. Like, sitting there as an ambush.
(03-03-2016, 10:48 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Do you saw their back or face? Are they staying or patroling? (ooc - 1. back - maybe there is the natural entrance of this evil place and they don't want to enter anyone; 2. face - they are guarding something there

"They looked prepared to ambush any passing creature."  Lugar huffs as he gets accustomed to breathing again.  "I hate leaving potential enemies to my back, besides they look like kin to giants to me.  We should do something."
(03-03-2016, 02:48 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 10:48 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Do you saw their back or face? Are they staying or patroling? (ooc - 1. back - maybe there is the natural entrance of this evil place and they don't want to enter anyone; 2. face - they are guarding something there

"They looked prepared to ambush any passing creature."  Lugar huffs as he gets accustomed to breathing again.  "I hate leaving potential enemies to my back, besides they look like kin to giants to me.  We should do something."

I never heard about Giants underwater. What do you think they can moving on the ground or in the water only? I didn't find any tracks near the water. - He examines the terrain again (take20, +5survival).
If I can choose I prefer to fight on the ground. I think the safest place is near the light if we want to rest. But firstly we should hide Merri and search few rooms.

ooc - Is there a day limit for the light? I don't remember how many time we can spend here. In what condition is the team? (SG: 68%)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41