RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Do you mean we can/should open them? Okay, help me, show me.
(04-28-2016, 08:01 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean we can/should open them? Okay, help me, show me.

"Yes, we need to get to the bottom of this.  Old Duergar motto you know, always dig deeper."  Lugar points out the bolts suspending the stone slabs and how once removed the immense weight of the stone slabs can crush a man.  

Ooc - perhaps his pick can be used to hammer out the bolts?  I imagine they are like large pins and not screw in.  Lugar didn't bring an adjustable wrench.
The bolts move surprisingly easily for any man with substantial (but not extraordinary) strength. They are grooved all along their length to reduce friction, the dwarf reckons, and the holes in the slabs are polished for the same reason. They don't hold the weight of the slab either, just keeping it in place. There must be a shoulder on the floor, holdingthe weight so once the bolts removed the slab may need a slight lift to move.
Ooc - is the room large enough for Lugar to enlarge, and if so could he lift the slabs based off what he knows? If not, depending on how thick the slabs are can we break them? This is assuming Lugar didn't find s mechanism that opens them on his last search.
Err, I re-read your post and it seems like we could just tip them over?
(continuing...)

Now that Lugar figured out how the thing should work the two manage to remove the granite slab by dragging it sideways until it's off the shoulder and carefully lean it against the other wall.

Just as they thought; this is a proper sarcophagus albeit a bit unusual to store someone in standing position. As a result, there is just a heap of bones and rags at the bottom of this coffin, covered with crimson velvet inside.
On top of the whole thing is a thin crown, more like a circlet or diadem. It looks like brass and smoked glass to Lugar but hasn't aged a day since the funeral, still shiny with no signs of rust.
The rags suggest that the wearer had a high social status, possibly of royal origin.
The only prominent piece of the skeleton is the skull; it suggests it's the remains of a human or similar sized humanoid creature.

This is how much the party can tell by the looks; shuffling through the remains is needed to learn more.

~ ~ #
~ ~ ###########
~ ~_. ~ ~ ~ ~ |
~ ~ ##### > ###
~ ~ #...# = #
~ ~ ##### <m###########
~ ~ # _ _ _M_G_/_L_ _ #
~ ~ ###################

Legend:
m - Murkatos
M - Maul
_. - open iron door with hinge. It is a few feet deeper than the rest of the scene (Giant and Maul stand on stairs).
G - Giant
L - Lugar
= - place of iron door (now open) atop stairs
| - iron wall
# - wall
~ - water
> - stairs up to door
< - stairs down from door
_ - stone slab
/ - stone slab open
"Royalty.?" Lugar says with a whispered voice and the unmistakeable signs of greed sparkling in his eyes. "Murkatos or Maul, can you detect any magic from these tombs?  I don't want to unleash a curse upon on heads...just yet..."  

If no magic is detected Lugar will carefully sift through the bones and items to learn more about it's identity and valuables... yes valuables 8D

After this tomb Lugar wants to search Lugant and the other tombs, saving Sirrith for last unless the others object.
Maul nods and recites a brief prayer, turning his eyes blue for a few minutes. He scans the area then reports,
"No magic in any of the sarcophagi, unless they are lined with lead. Plus, they may contain something nonmagical but equally dangerous."

The priest goes as far as kneeling down beside the dwarf while sorting through the bones.
"From the sizes and shapes I'd say it's a female human above six feet," he concludes. "Though this is very unlikely so I may be mistaken."

Lugar finds further jewelry among the clothes; four rings, a necklace and an ornated sheath with a jewelled dagger inside.
Of these, the rings are definitely made of gold and set with precious sapphire stones.
The necklace is also golden and the stones are matching sapphires but maybe forged by a skilled jeweller.
The dagger and sheath seem to be of mediocre value, they seem to be steel but too shiny and rust free. Lugar cannot identify the material.

As Lugar brings up the idea of opening six more sarcophagi, Maul butts in.
"What for?!?"
(04-29-2016, 04:08 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]"Royalty.?" Lugar says with a whispered voice and the unmistakeable signs of greed sparkling in his eyes. "Murkatos or Maul, can you detect any magic from these tombs?  I don't want to unleash a curse upon on heads...just yet..."  

If no magic is detected Lugar will carefully sift through the bones and items to learn more about it's identity and valuables... yes valuables 8D

After this tomb Lugar wants to search Lugant and the other tombs, saving Sirrith for last unless the others object.

Curse? Hm. Never mind, I don't believe in superstitions. We have to pick up everything valueable whichever can be the searched key. - He is readying an empty sack.
And also the adamantine bolts, of course. He examines how can he get them, break them.
(04-29-2016, 07:36 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Maul nods and recites a brief prayer, turning his eyes blue for a few minutes. He scans the area then reports,
"No magic in any of the sarcophagi, unless they are lined with lead. Plus, they may contain something nonmagical but equally dangerous."

The priest goes as far as kneeling down beside the dwarf while sorting through the bones.
"From the sizes and shapes I'd say it's a female human above six feet," he concludes. "Though this is very unlikely so I may be mistaken."

Lugar finds further jewelry among the clothes; four rings, a necklace and an ornated sheath with a jewelled dagger inside.
Of these, the rings are definitely made of gold and set with precious sapphire stones.
The necklace is also golden and the stones are matching sapphires but maybe forged by a skilled jeweller.
The dagger and sheath seem to be of mediocre value, they seem to be steel but too shiny and rust free. Lugar cannot identify the material.

As Lugar brings up the idea of opening six more sarcophagi, Maul butts in.
"What for?!?"

"What for! What for! How about payment for one! Trips like these don't fund themselves.  There are countless reasons why we must investigate these burial chambers.  Besides, like Giant said, the "key" could be in one of these tombs.  Very good Giant.  Right about those adamantine bolts, this place is a treasure trove!"  Lugar turns to the work of gathering the valuables to put into Giant's sack caught up in his gold lust and excited to begin breaking into the next tomb.  

"If you want you can say a blessing for the dead."
Ooc this requires a longer post than I can afford today. Will answer on Monday

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41