RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
See image in this post:
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....77#pid8477

Imagine them being located on four separate disks but it's so finely crafted the disks are barely visible, even for the trained eye.

"No. Without my book I didn't have much choice on what spells to prepare for today. Maul maybe?"

"No. I prepared mostly magic that help us fighting undead and protects against their negative energy attacks."
Ah. Are they all in same position or Lugar turned one?

Murkatos, and where is your book? Why is not here?
Maul, do you know someone who can decipher this? This must be the key to open the second iron gate. Maybe you can send a message to the city via your magic cylinder.

It seems the third and fourth are similar to first and second but... but different. - he examines them upside down.
Maybe we have to turn each one .... but in right order. What do you think?
(04-21-2016, 07:52 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2016, 07:13 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]I am going up and disarm the ARM key. Maybe this door will open. What do you think, Murkatos? You are good in witchcrafts, aren't you? How can we disable this lightningcraft?
"This door seems to be rusted solid. What about that wand Merri had, could it blast the door down?"  Lugar lies right through his teeth, not wanting to tell the others he's failed again at picking a lock...

Bluff (1d20=20)+4=24

DM, you (Murkatos, Maul) didn't answer Lugar's question.
It would be nice to blast the door down :-)
Ooc - What is the door made of? Is it possible we could break it down with Giant's axe or the adamantine swords working together?  

Lugar was quiet for a while now, thinking of how to overcome these obstacles.  "Re-setting the ARM key may unlock this door but it also might lock us in here.  These runes have a wavy look to them.  More Elvish than Dwarven, they look like water to me.  Perhaps that is why the room is flooded.  But we can't be certain.  Maybe those sea giants could know about this trap but they wouldn't fit through the from door unless we hack them to pieces... If they were trolls they would eventually grow back though. He he he." Evil grin.
The armorer looks at Lugar, puzzled.
"If she had some wand to blast anything down she probably would've used it against the undead. So it must be some other kind of wand but I haven't seen that."
"Me neither," Maul adds.
"There are many spells that could help. Like, greasing the door to make it easier to push. Invoke grace or strength that may help dealing with locks or ramming the thing down. Open any portal. Transmute metal to something softer. Make us gaseous to be able to pass a keyhole. And I could go on with the list. However, it may need some effort to figure this out and first of all we need the command word; not mentioning risks if her belongings are wired." the armorer adds.

When bringing up the question about his spellbook, Murkatos shakes his head.
"You don't bring your spellbook along to a one day trip that doesn't sound dangerous in the first place, do you."

OOC: they are all in the same position as on the picture. Lugar was hit before he managed to turn either of them.
(04-25-2016, 02:26 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]The armorer looks at Lugar, puzzled.
"If she had some wand to blast anything down she probably would've used it against the undead. So it must be some other kind of wand but I haven't seen that."
"Me neither," Maul adds.
"There are many spells that could help. Like, greasing the door to make it easier to push. Invoke grace or strength that may help dealing with locks or ramming the thing down. Open any portal. Transmute metal to something softer. Make us gaseous to be able to pass a keyhole. And I could go on with the list. However, it may need some effort to figure this out and first of all we need the command word; not mentioning risks if her belongings are wired." the armorer adds.

When bringing up the question about his spellbook, Murkatos shakes his head.
"You don't bring your spellbook along to a one day trip that doesn't sound dangerous in the first place, do you."

OOC: they are all in the same position as on the picture. Lugar was hit before he managed to turn either of them.

No, I do. I always bring my weapons with me, always. Your spellbook is you weapon if I have right.
Not too wise.
- He shakes his head.

Ok Lugar, let's go break this rusty door together. str check: 20(=15+5),16(=11+5),25(=20+5) + Lugar, Maul, Murkatos bonus if any
He also has a crowbar if it seems to help him. (ooc - A crowbar or portable ram improves a character's chance of breaking open a door.)

It would be better if we also have a ram. Maybe we can use a cauldron.

ooc - so he has only touched them and not important which one (so first we need dispel or prot but rogues and barbarians don't have it Smile)
Lugar goes to help Giant break the door down but fails miserably.

"Err, uhhh, I have something to confess...The lock isn't rusted.  I'm just not good enough to pick it."

Aid Another - (1d20=1)
(04-25-2016, 03:06 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]Lugar goes to help Giant break the door down but fails miserably.

"Err, uhhh, I have something to confess...The lock isn't rusted.  I'm just not good enough to pick it."

Aid Another - (1d20=1)

ooc - try again, you have two more chance, the third should be 20 :-)
Aid another
1d20=14
1d20=6
(04-25-2016, 03:00 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]ooc - so he has only touched them and not important which one (so first we need dispel or prot but rogues and barbarians don't have it Smile)

OOC - No. I rolled him a natural 1 which means he touched them in a very unfortunate way.

(04-25-2016, 03:00 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Lugar, let's go break this rusty door together. str check: 20(=15+5),16(=11+5),25(=20+5) + Lugar, Maul, Murkatos bonus if any
He also has a crowbar if it seems to help him. (ooc - A crowbar or portable ram improves a character's chance of breaking open a door.)

A crowbar certainly helps and even with the half-hearted support of the dwarf Giant's mighty heave tears the door open, one of its hinges breaking in the process so that the door hangs limply on the right side.
Beyond the door is another set of steps, bringing the floor back to the same level as the rest of the cellar, except that this part is dry. Peaking in and to the left the men can see a corridor barely five feet wide and about thirty feet long covered with polished granite from top to bottom. The right side features stone slabs about two and a half feet wide by seven feet tall, one after the other. They protrude about four inches from the polished wall and wear marks of the centuries past.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41