RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
"Send?" Maul asks, incredulously. "Like, throw her into the light and pray the gods someone decent picks her up on the other side?"
(02-26-2016, 05:31 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]"Send?" Maul asks, incredulously. "Like, throw her into the light and pray the gods someone decent picks her up on the other side?"

No, it would be better if you resurrect her firstly. You are able to do it, aren't you? He?

ooc - or animate her so she can walk into the light :-)
Maul looks at Giant with steaming fury.
"Do you think if I had access to the highest prayers of everything divine I couldn't have spared her life in the first place?"
Thinking about it he admits, "Yes you probably do. No, I cannot resurrect her, and I have doubts that even the high priests would take the effort for her sake."
(02-26-2016, 10:59 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Maul looks at Giant with steaming fury.
"Do you think if I had access to the highest prayers of everything divine I couldn't have spared her life in the first place?"

I don't know.
- he shrugs - This is the first place. You have divorced in anger after you quarreled about helping her, aren't you?

(02-26-2016, 10:59 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking about it he admits, "Yes you probably do. No, I cannot resurrect her, and I have doubts that even the high priests would take the effort for her sake."

That's not good, not good. Then we must be more careful.
"Maybe she carries something that could resurrect her? We owe her that much to check her valuables,"  Lugar interjects.  "After we search her, we should search for the key and find out what was making those rumblings in the attic. Sending a dead body back, the council will think we've failed our mission."  He looks at Murkatos, trying to size him up, decide whether he is trustworthy enough.  "Our options are limited, if we send anyone back with Merri it should be Murkatos.  You could tell the council what has happened and let them know we have not failed yet."
The armorer narrows his eyes as he considers the weight of the dwarf's words.
"As much as I'd love to be out of this place it sounds a reasonable decision. Not that you owe me your trust or anything but without my book I'm as good as dead weight for your cause. I have to admit that I had a plan to stay with you if she survived and borrowed me her spellbook but now that she's gone I wouldn't risk opening someone else's book and trigger who knows what kind of wards. My only problem is that I'm reluctant to leave my realm for whatever place you've come from. I'm easygoing and I can see myself on your fine arms and armor that I'd fare pretty well with my trade, it's just-- I have someone I care about on this world. That single counterweight puts the balance into equilibrium, so to speak."
Who is that and where is (s)he? - he asks Murkatos

Let's go check the another direction of tunnel from cylinder maybe there is a safe place and we can leave Merri's corpse there for a short time.
OOC- With Giant carrying Merri, did we continue to move towards where we started?  I assumed we did.  If not then Lugar would have followed Giant, seeing as how the open cavern was a dangerous spot.

"Who care's who she is, unless she can help us here and now, besides we have a body to hide now.  If we are lucky we might stumble across a priest who can do something for her."   Lugar grumbles something under his breath..."hopefully she won't turn into a ghost"...

"Murkatos, since you don't have magic, can you swing a sword?"
"Actually I can. I'm an armorer, after all. Just not in my best form to risk engaging into melee, especially unarmored."
The young man's voice is tense, as if it were against his preference to keep his good demeanor. Apparently, Lugar makes excellent job in getting on the bad side of him. To emphasise this, the armorer turns to the orc instead-- neither better looking nor brought up in a noble family but still preferred by some, or so it seems.

"My niece. I do care who she is," she adds, shooting a derogative glance towards the dwarf. "Renne's a stout little girl, pretty grown up for her age. She runs her father's business after his... in his absence... so to speak. We are the only family to each other and while I think she could fare pretty well without me it's something I cannot simply dismiss."
Nobody having better idea the party proceeds to the cylinder of light and further down the tunnel while chatting about family and stuff. Murkatos makes the briefest halt to assess the mystical portal between worlds then follows the others.

The tunnel slopes down and gradually submerges into water. It is slightly stale based on the smell but seems to be more than just a shallow puddle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41