RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
off-hand: 21, 4dmg
second: 19, 9dmg
Giant's three blows snuff the life out of the beast and he steps next to Murkatos to help him if needed.
The last survivor of the hunting pack detaches from the armorer and withraws, saving its life.

"Shoot it if you can," Maul says with an obviously bitter tone. He kneels down to the elf's remains again, carefully adjusting the torn flesh and clothes, trying to give her back some of her dignity.
The armorer sends one last bolt of chilling energy towards the creature, hitting its frame. Weakened by all the blows and chills, it can't get farther than the dim torchlight before the warriors could react as well.

With the last foe withdrawn the battle is effectively over but Lugar and Giant still have time to draw ranged weapons and end the creature's misery if they wish to do so.
Come back you cloaklike monster! - Giant shots with his longbow but misses - What the hell were these? - he asks
"I've heard of them, those were the dreaded 'Shadow Snatchers,' they come from the shadows to take creatures and eat their brains,"  Lugar says with some confidence. "Not unlike Mindflayers."  He spits. Instead of attacking the creature he goes over to Maul and sees the blood and gore.  "Will she make it?"

OOC- bluff = 9
This isn't the first time Lugar has made up tall tales or bold face lies. Maybe he has a future as a Bard? Big Grin
OOC - an impressive bluff considering his charisma Smile

Even without the priest's feedback the answer is obvious to Lugar. It's not "her" anymore-- just "her remains."

Instead of stating the obvious, Maul shoots a devastating look towards the duergar.
"Dibs on her sword, eh?"
As a final act, he crosses her arms above her chest and tries to wrap her cloak around her like an improvised blanket.
Standing up, he notes,
"May Pelor lead your soul in your god's domain."

Mourning tossed aside, he turns to the others.
"We have unfinished business here but we cannot leave her corpse unattended. We have two options. Either we place it somewhere relatively safe and I consecrate the place so that no undead can touch her. Unfortunately it won't stop other scavengers. Or someone takes her home and, likely, won't be able to return to us."

"Home? Can all of you simply explain where is your 'home' and what are the means of getting there?" Murkatos asks.
"Best not to weep over it."  Lugar refers to the corpse cold-heartedly, remembering earlier days when he was a simple soldier.  Sights like this were common.  Remembering the charity of the priestesses of Elestraee for him once, Lugar says, "Whatever you see fit, Maul.  The cylinder of light isn't too far if we decide to send her home."  He looks at Mukatos.  "She would have been able to explain it better I think," he points at Merri's corpse.  "We were brought here through a cylinder of light, some spell or something.  We came from Waterdeep, a human city."

OOC- "I call dibs on her sword" meant to be out of character, should have specified though Smile
OOC - suspected so but it made such a great IC hook I couldn't let it pass Smile

Murkatos blinks at the mention of Waterdeep.

"Lugar means he's from Waterdeep, wherever it is. I'm from Sea Jewel, member of the City Council, humble servant of the great church of Pelor there." Maul explains patiently to the armorer who apparently seems not to be too educated in the science of geography.

"Wow. You guys use funny names don't you. But... if I get your words right then you are from a distant land... another plane of existence, possibly. "
Lugar raises an eyebrow at Maul's correction, but says nothing, wondering if Maul is trying to be deliberately deceptive to Murkatos for the time being.
Actually it was barely a day ago that the Council of Sea Jewel summoned Lugar, Merri and Giant for a meeting. Merri mentioned something about dimensions or planes, indeed, and while Lugar was summoned from a tavern on the Sword Coast, he can't recall anyone ever mention Waterdeep's name. Well, aside from Merri and Giant, that is, but they were summoned from a stormy harbour a bit off the Sword Coast as well. From this perspective, Maul is consistent at least, if not honest.
(02-25-2016, 04:09 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]"Wow. You guys use funny names don't you. But... if I get your words right then you are from a distant land... another plane of existence, possibly. "

Giant doesn't understand what are they talking about.
Are we? Yes, we existed above ground and no we are undergound.
Poor Merri. We should send her back as Lugar said. - he lifts her corpse - Let's go. We are in hurry, aren't we?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41