RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Return to the Rusty Rat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-21-2018, 01:25 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]I'm far from trying to convince any of you about something you are unwilling to do but why do you think a spellcaster's UMD leads somewhere? No bards or sorcerers with high cha in group but the rogue has some chance, in spite of his extraordinary beauty and charm...

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

If this is a magic device then somebody else must have more ranks on UMD than SG Smile
An arcane spellcaster has to emulate only the race.
I thought Shanna and Merri (spellcasters) are the most beautiful in the party Smile
About to be bounced from hospital today, planning to arrive tomorrow morning. Might need a couple of days or three to catch up and update roll20 with the new map. Until then, keep on posting, either in 2-5 retrospectively or in 2-6 if you followed the crazy ones :-)

Took some more time than expected but the extremely artistic new map is up on roll20. Moved whole party there, and added everyone's tokens, including those who have not explicitly followed the "crazy ones" yet. Feel free to place yourselves however you see fit.
This map is on normal scale (1sq = 5ft). I also added a 120ft grey aura to Lugar to reflect his extended darkvision, and used it as a reference how far the map is drawn.
I also checked on:
-- you are a deep dwarf (90ft darkvision + light sensitivity). Not that it mattered so far but I completely forgot about you being just as sensitive to sunlight as Lugar Smile The everlasting dusk/dawn of Faerie indeed played to all of your hands Smile
-- you have low light vision only? I was a bit surprised... but anyway, Zelgadis provides torchlike illumination in a wider radius so that shouldn't be an issue.
When I asked the elemental to stay within its element, I meant, don't jump out into any passages and get itself killed.  While moving inside the rock it moves close enough to the passage wall so it can peak out into a passage while still hiding within the rock.  Kind of like a human allowing their face to just break the surface of a pond so they can look out.  The difference being that an elemental looks like the surround element so they should be a lot harder to see.
I am not officially back to posting yet. I am able to read and catch upSmile
... apart from the fact that dragons tend to have excellent senses, detecting even the slightest disturbance in the surroundings. Blindsense in particular may include tremors.
Wouldn't sensing tremors be Tremorsense?  Also Earth Elementals have Earth Glide.

Earth Glide (Ex): An earth elemental can glide through stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth except metal as easily as a fish swims through water. Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other signs of its presence.
(08-25-2018, 01:40 AM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]I am not officially back to posting yet. I am able to read and catch upSmile

Welcome back! Big Grin
Wow. Never thought about such feature but what I actually meant was breaking the surface. That would definitely cause some air particles to move... technically I haven't rolled spot nor listen because... I know why Smile

Well, I kind of imagined that when Elementals were inside their element and they wanted to look out, all you might see are a pair of eyes.  In the case of fire elementals, they could be burning embers; Earth Elementals might possess black coals, deep pits or jewels; Water Elemental eyes might appear like spheres of foam etc.  The example of their face breaking the surface was at the time the easiest way I could think of describing it while I was at work.

If they did manifest some part of themselves outside their element then I completely agree there should be some kind of sign.  But it should be in direct proportion to how much they reveal.  An elemental that pokes it's baby toe out should get a much larger bonus to its hide check then an elemental who sticks its head and torso out of the ceiling.  In fact, improved cover gives a +10 bonus to hide and improved evasion for reflex saves!!  Toot is almost always hiding so that's really good to know.   Tongue