RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SG proceeds with stabbing the Giant Mantis further.

First attack (armor spikes): AC12, dmg:9
Second attack (armor spikes): AC:19,dmg:8
Haste attack (armor spikes): AC12,dmg:6
OOC - direct interaction means automatic success but I noticed this only after I rolled the saves... successful ones. Funny or not, these insects are clumsy but wise.
OOC2 - Giant you didn't react to the hits as I can see but the first one, AC20, missed I guess. so pls subtract 5hp only.
OOC3 - while we are here; PF allows a number of grapple attempts in place of all attacks in a full attack. I'm not sure how this interacts with multiple natural weapons and especially if you can make multiple attempts at all in 3.5... that's why the mantis decided to follow up with slice-dice after its initial bite attack at the barrel.

The other mantis follows suit with the illusory barrel; then realising its prey is gone for good, slams at the nearest target it perceives: Merrinna. Its tough pincers are not tricked by the defty-dodgy-hasty-fatigued elf and are barely slowed down by the force armor protecting her. (AC 20/20, 7+11 hp). It tries to drag Merri into its own space! (Merri, roll two opposed grapple checks against 22 and 23. Fail once, you are held and bitten for 5hp. Fail twice, you are pinned and bitten twice for 5+4hp. That is, unless I missed something and your current AC is higher than 20 in which case all these attacks were in vain)

Boo+Toot are up! (you may want to wait for Merri's grapple checks...)
OOC2 - I thought he had lost his dex bonus but not. So you are right it was not a hit, SG has AC22 now.
No Dexterity Bonus - You lose your Dexterity bonus to AC (if you have one) against opponents you aren’t grappling. (You can still use it against opponents you are grappling.)
OoC - Haste grants +1 AC too. Remembering and adding/subtracting all the bonuses and minuses is always a pain in 3.5
OOC - I guess Giant has already factored it in: 10 + 6 armor + (3-1) dex + 1 NA +1 Deflect +1 Misc(Dodge) +1 Haste = 22. He cannot use the shield bonus provided by his double axe (while grappling) so final AC should be 22. As a side note, while fatigued (Dex 14), he does not fulfil the feat prerequisites (Dex 15) and thus loses the TWD benefit. He does NOT lose TWF, though, since that comes from the ranger combat style so prerequisites don't count.
OOC - No. 10+6armor+3dex+1NA+1def+1misc(dodge)-1fatigued+1haste = 22
[OoC: Can someone tell me what penalties Boo and Toot have after eating the Goodberry?  ]

Toot directs Boo with his heels to move around to the east side of the Mantises (Mantis's?) and tells his companion to attack the Mantis who's grappling SG. [Because grappling creatures don't threaten any areas around them]  Toot hops off the back of Boo at the last moment to allow his companion to attack the creature on his own while still remaining within 5' for his share spell.

[Including Greater Magic Fang; Claw Attack: [1d20+9] = 16+9 = 25, Damage: [1d4+5] = 2+5 = 7]

Toot was trying to think what to do.  While they were grappling any ranged attack had a change to hit SG and almost all the tiny doodid's attacks were ranged.  Otherwise he'd have to move literally underfoot [move into the mantis's space] to engage in melee.  Toot refused to put himself in that kind of danger especially after he told them all that these mantis were going to be a problem coming back but does anyone listen to the Doodid who knows these creatures?  Nooooo!  

Toot decides to summon a wand from his pack and it instantly appears in his tiny hand.  "I think these guys will be needing this..."  

[Move Action: Summons Wand of Cure Light Wounds from his Haversack.]
OOC - Merri is also in grapple, unless I missed something (as usual Smile ) and Merri's AC is higher than 20. Does that influence Toot's plans?
[OoC: Sorry.  On the map Merri wasn't in the mantis' square like SG so I just I thought she wasn't in a grapple.  I'm at work right now but I will fix my post in 2 to 3 hours when I get home. ]

[Post edited.]
OOC - If you think then put Torin a little bit further from the mantis cos as you found he couldn't able to charge and correct the mantis HP. If you do this then let me know that.