RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"If it needs you to weigh like a dragon, there are not enough of us to do it.  There must be some trick to this that we can see."  She ponders magical traps and the spells usually used to create them.

[1d20+16] = 3+16 = 19
According to Merri this is more like a ward than a trap. A kind of magic item that can be activated on some condition that's easily fulfilled by the owner(s), not to hinder them but to cause trouble to everyone else. She recalls the tale told by the forest women about Koriolis having had a mate and a cub here. Probably all of them could bypass with ease, and a wyrmling is not that heavy so it's probably not a weight trigger.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
OOC - simple UMD check (Emulate a Race) by a spellcaster (Shanna?) or polymorph, beast shape?

SG goes out from his "nest".
(07-19-2018, 03:29 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: [ -> ]"If it needs you to weigh like a dragon, there are not enough of us to do it.  There must be some trick to this that we can see."  She ponders magical traps and the spells usually used to create them.

[1d20+16] = 3+16 = 19

Lugar watches events unfold quietly from the background while Silent Giant does his best pretending he's a dragon-chicken.  Seeing that Torin's extra weight didn't seem to have any effect, Lugar mulls over this puzzle.  His beard twitches with excitement when Merri mentions "some trick."

"Maybe we have to trick it!" Lugar walks over to the footprint.  "When I was a young lad fighting the Dark Elves of Szith Morcane," he spits, "we had to trick their magic wards to advance on the outpost." Lugar kneels and presses his palm down on the footprint. I am a dragon, he thinks.

[url=UMD [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10]Emulate a Race[/url]
Ooc - since Lugar surely knows that this "trick" is pretty safe and he can try again....

Lugar feels that be wasn't convincing enough, even for himself, tries again, over and over again with more or less success every time until the party notices that sometimes he makes progress, as if illusory scales appeared on him from time to time... until finally... (ooc- 13 attempts later)

... the depression and the door outline shimmers in a familiar pearly white hue, and the door opens with a low rumble!

Beyond the door is what appears to be the beginning of a corridor some 20 feet high and wide, disappearing into nothingness. Merri assumes that it must be the road leading out of this pocket dimension.
Lugar stands up at the sound of the low rumble.  "First try." He says with satisfaction.  Big Grin  He wonders who will go through the portal first, hoping no one expects him to...

Ooc - can he see anything on the other side of the doorway?  Oh and, good idea SG on the emulate race!
"Whew hoo hoo hoo," Toot laughs in relief.  "Me was starting to worry that maybe this the type of ward where person needed to be a Reptile-type to activate it, and me would have to risk my life by transforming into a reptile, then step on ward.  Me now feel sooo much better that you guys risked your... er... I mean... you guys figured out that me not have to turn into a reptile to open portal.  Ummm...  Yaaay team..."
(07-21-2018, 09:42 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]Lugar stands up at the sound of the low rumble.  "First try." He says with satisfaction.  Big Grin  He wonders who will go through the portal first, hoping no one expects him to...

Great, you are the GOAT, dude!!! - he pats his back

Let's go! We are in hurry! - he enters the portal
Torin knows what SG plans to do so he catches SG's hand and they enters together into the portal.
"Are you people crazy," Toot squeaks.  "We haven't even scouted the portal.  It could also be some kind of trap.  And if it is the door out of this dimension, are we ready to leave?  Have we explored everything in here?"