RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's okay but there is a way on north(west). I have meant that way. Are there tracks too? He wants to examine the corridor. (I have marked it on roll20)
Nothing of interest on that corridor. The ranger finds most fascinating that the dragon's footprint appears out of nowhere and disappears through the secret door -- no tracks leading to the depression, and no tracks lead north/northwest.
(05-27-2018, 04:22 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2018, 07:39 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously a huge green dragon was the last one who passed by here, and that was maybe a few days ago.

Gulp - it seems it's a real dragon not a fake...

He follows the footprints. Are they on the northern way too or on the southern only? Which one is the last track?

While we are waiting for spellcasters to resolve the mechanism of this magical door, we can explore the norther way. Are you with me? - He asks Lugar. - I do not want to die here in my old age. 

"You go, I need to finish checking the area... Hmm, if I were a dragon where would I put a nasty surprise?..." Lugar will wait for Toot and the other magic users to experiment and see what happens.  "These foot prints must be important.  There was another one by Zelgadis' cage and now there is one here."  Lugar will search the footprint for traps and also for pressure plates to activate something.

Rolls on Roll20
Search for traps = 24 (+2 for stonework)
Search for pressure plates = 10 (+2 for stonework) Ugh, bad roll Sad
Shanna adds that there's an obvious similarity between this depression at the secret door and the depression at the force cage; both share the same hue of transmutation aura. There seem to be no moving parts in the depression whatsoever. More like, the depression is simply there due to constant wear. And Lugar couldn't locate any traps around the depression.

- Please remind me how you would like to "finish checking the area" (OOC - search for traps, but how many DM rolls? Or should I keep rolling until you are confident that there is a trap / there are no traps? same question applies for door if it's still a question, that is...)
OOC1 - depression = probably the dragon can teleport from force cage to secret door and back so we are in a trap if we want to esSmile
OOC2 - We have seen two exits on the "map"
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....9#pid25839

Okay, dude - SG goes forward carefully and explores the corridor (marked on roll20)
Giant walks down the corridor. The other "exit" also ends up in a cliff wall; the exact scene where the spherical creature with many tentacles holds the green gem-tipped rod-like object. From this perspective the creature is even more fearsome, some ten feet across, its leathery hide covered with scales, has a huge many-toothed maw and a single eye of about two feet in diameter. The intricately carved rod's details are also revealed in this close-up view; a webbed reptilian leg (like a croc's) grasping on the orb-like something. Unfortunately, Giant can't get close enough to inspect more details before returning to the companions.

(OOC - feel free to ask questions and I'll tell if Giant could spot something that would answer your questions)
OOC - Is there a depression too?

He walks back silently.

Hey, dude! You told me something about fearsome creatures with tentacles, you called them mind-flies, mind-flyers or fly-minders, don't you? I can't remember but I think I have seen one of them. It has spherical body with one huge eye and many tentacles, hasn't it? It holds a green gem-tipped rod so I call it the Gemholder Smile
What do you think can it be the key we are looking for?

OOC - Maybe the "Gemholder" controlls the green dragon.
OOC - I assume all players are now confident what creature + object the relief depicts. But be careful, none of them are "common" knowledge IC, they need Knowledge rolls to be aware of.
OOC2 - Giant's idea is one that's not suitable for the character but suitable for the more knowledgeable members of the team to come up with, so whoever having high Knowledge scores go ahead and feel free to come up with the idea IC.

Giant has found no depression around the relief of the spherical creature.
OOC2 - Giant idea is wrong it's not a mind-flayer Wink But it really holds a rod with a gem.
Lugar turns visibly pale when SG mentions the mind-flayer. But his description of it is relieving.. Mind-flyers have two eyes and a body. "By Ladugars beard, what you saw was not a mind-flayer. God help us if it was. They have two eyes and a body.. unless they mutated or something.."

Ooc- cant make rolls atm but Lugar's INT is 14
Ooc - I guess 10 rolls is enough to search for traps...?