RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:OOC - I guess this is why you asked Smile I don't know if it's explicitly mentioned anywhere that the actual audiovisual feedback of the magical sensor is reflected by the mirror/font/pool (focus depending on class) or it's "just" a mere focus and the image is visible in your mind but it feels just right. My perception of how the Divination (scrying) subschool is described it should be the other way around (it's your extra sensory organ). Apart from that, it's not explicitly mentioned whether the image is visible (and voice is audible) for everyone like a figment or just for the caster like a phantasm. The spell says "you" which suggests a mental image. But I'm happy either way and not really concerned by the added value that multiple spectators' sensory capabilities may increase effectiveness (e.g. if the caster didn't have darkvision but someone else of the party did then the party as a whole could perceive more than the caster alone)

As a classical non-D&D example, Galadriel's mirror reflected the image Frodo saw (it wasn't a "mental image" in this sense) but she could not see the image. She just knew.

[OoC: It doesn't matter too much to me. Perhaps letting the caster decide if he wants the vision to be visible to everyone. I mention this only because there may be an event where someone may want to use the scry spell to show people something. Or perhaps allow the Greater Scry spell to show others. But the vision should probably be limited to the caster's sensory capabilities. ]

Toot looks at the shaman and asks, "Do you know of anyone who travels with, or is a pet of this dragon? Scrying on him is hard but scrying on something close to dragon make easier snooping easier. As only target gets resistance to spell not those who happen to be in vision around target."

Assuming the shaman doesn't know of anything, Toot will sigh and grumble something about how he is always getting stuck performing the nearly impossible tasks.

[OoC2: I will use the dragon's scale to attempt to scry upon it again. It only has a small chance of success but he will try anyways. I believe the dragon gets a -5 on its save (+5 for hearing of the dragon and -10 for having a piece of the dragon) but then he gets Magic Resistance.
OOC2 - almost. there's one more modifier but... "sore wa... himitsu desu!" Smile anyway...

Indeed, Zelgadis shakes his head just as Toot expected.
Toot invokes the druidic power that engulfs the scale and sheds an earthern brownish grey radiation on the water's surface. The water weaves and bobs-- then remains dark.
"Welp, me tried... again.  Me failed again."  Toot sighs.  "Now where we go?  Has anyone searched waterfall for secret passages or under pond?  Green dragons can swim, right?"
Shanna nods.
"They dwell in swamps and they are excellent swimmers, maybe beaten only by black dragons. Their anatomy even includes finlike features."
Merri looks back over at the waterfall. "Somehow I doubt there is a large enough channel for a dragon to swim through at the entrance. The waterfall itself is typical for covering hidden lairs. I suppose there could be one at the bottom, but are we prepared to do a swimming expedition? I think not. We should press ahead on the path already started."
"Maybe there's a pool inside the mushroom maze?" He tries to use his sharp vision to gaze over the area where they shrank earlier.
OOC - clever! I will put it into the next version of this adventure Smile but nope, there's no such thing.

As far as Merri and Shanna, the resident arcanists, can tell, the entrance is wide enough to wade through for a beast the size of what they would expect, especially considering that dragons in general are much more flexible than, say, elephants. Almost catlike in very, very rough comparison. As flying creatures they are fairly streamlined. And swimming dragons, among them, are even more fit to pass through relatively narrow spaces. So no, an adult green wouldn't soar through the waterfall on wings but it could simply pass through a ten-foot gap on foot or swimming and even squeeze through a five-foot gap with some (probably serious) difficulty.

The rock-like man gathers his belongings,
"Let's get going."
and approaches the maze entrance.
"Hey, hey, hey, me first" - he says and bypass the rockman entering the maze
Zelgadis follows suit and boldly enters the maze, both of them disappearing from sight... almost. The two thumb-sized figures phase in-out-in-out inch by inch as they move in the pocket dimension.
"Alright Merri, you know more of dragons than poor Lugar Bargrimm. Let's go back. Wherever the big dumb half-orc goes, Lugar goes too!" He says and follows them back into the maze...  When he gets the chance Lugar will ask what Toot was doing by the pool of water.  "Hey furball, what was that all about by the water?  Saw your reflection and weren't happy?"