RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lugar continues to fight defensively (combat expertise -5/+5, -4/+3) as he swings his axe about. "Die, you gutless sack of..." (-9attack/+8AC) (+2blink/+2flank)

[url=[1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16]1st Attack[/url]
[url=[1d8+5] = 6+5 = 11]Damage[/url]
[url= [1d100] = 93]Miss Chance[/url]

[url=[1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16]2nd Attack[/url]
[url=[1d8+5] = 3+5 = 8]Damage[/url]
[url=[1d100] = 31]Miss Chance[/url]

Ooc - Just to clarify Lugar's attack bonuses +11/+6 normal / -2 entangled = +9/+4 - 9 fighting defensively etc. = +0/-5 +2 Blink/+2 Flank = +4/-1 so the second attack should be a 14 (my bad!)
OOC - What Giant marked on map was a 10ft step but even with a 5ft step you could actually flank the creature (any square of a large creature may qualify for flank)

Giant swings his axe ferociously and hacks at the creature that falls to pieces, then evaporates in a scintillating silver cloud into nothingness.
In about half a minute, the entangling goo dissipates as well, leaving no icky traces behind on floor or duergar.

Battle over.

Private to Merri
This silver sheen reminded the elf of an astral cord or, generally speaking, the astral plane.
(06-28-2018, 12:45 PM)Torin Wrote: [ -> ]Torin says to SG: - Don't play with it just kill it! Big Grin

Here you are!

SG touches the door

Where is the next one?
Toot will be quietly cheering on Silent Giant and Lugar.  When SG strikes the creature, Toot will make a punching motion and when Lugar hacks it, Toot squeaks, "That's right, cleave 'em a new axe-hole!!!"

When the battle comes to a sudden end, Toot dusts himself off and strolls out from behind a mushroom, squeaking, "Nice job.  Couldn't have done better myself.  Any idea what the thing is?"

[OoC: The only Knowledge skills I have ranks in are Nature +13 and Religion +2.  I doubt we can make rolls for this thing for Knowledge skills without ranks but if we can please let me know.]
According to Toot this was no animal, no plant, and no undead.

Giant touching the door provokes no offense.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
(07-04-2018, 09:21 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]According to Toot this was no animal, no plant, and no undead.

Giant touching the door provokes no offense.

He tries to open/push/pull/lift, etc it.

Who wants to open it?
It seems the door wouldn't budge to a nonviolent level of force. It's not simply heavy (which wouldn't be a factor for an enlarged and raging* Giant) but it's much more than a great slab of stone. With no handles or keyholes visible there must be some other way to open it. Unfortunately, when Lugar attempted to remove the trap he failed before realising which part of his activity had actually triggered the trap. It's a safe bet to assume that the trap is still in place, although no person present can tell whether it has some kind of cooldown / recharge time.

* or... fatigued? remember rage is occasions per day as opposed to PF's rounds per day.
enlarged and raging (8 rounds*)

* A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier.
At the end of the rage, the barbarian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued for the duration of the current encounter
"Ugh, great job, now get back you fools.  I'm gonna fix this trap."  Lugar will attempt to figure out what caused the trap and how to open the door.  Or, at least, eliminate what doesn't open the door.

[url=Disable Device[1d20+13] = 5+13 = 18]Disable Device[/url]
OOC - oh not again! Smile

Lugar fumbles with the trap once again, and is covered in goo once again, despite of still blinking!
(OOC - on his turn he can still use half of his movement to move away on the ethereal plane = 5ft)

Another dragonlike construct appears on the same place and slams at Lugar but misses the dodgy dwarf (AC18)

Roll for initiative! (or simply... hack it to pieces without an init Wink )