RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: Welp, I rolled a total of 7!  Dodgy  ;  Knowledge Arcane (no Ranks): 4  Angry ]

[OoC2: I have never heard of an Immobile condition.  But if the spell meant for him to be "held" then it probably would have said so, so I agree with the idea that Immobile likely means only grid movement and not being helpless.]

[OoC3:  And my hit points should be fully healed after that rest right?  I also used my heal skill while we all were resting.]

Toot sees the thing from his hiding place 50' away and it makes him pause and say, "Whew... me glad me not over there."  Then taking a second to marvel at the goo stuck to Lugar, he adds,  "That the biggest booger Toot ever seen!"  Toot wanted so badly to ask Lugar how it tasted but he didn't want to give away his position yet.
Ooc - no untrained rolls beyond dc10...
Ooc2 - I meant what the entangled condition's description meant, but I think it's more like being grappled: you can wriggle and bend and bow and dodge but only in place...
Ooc3 - yes, fully healed
Ooc4 - biggest booger? in case you missed this part: it is medium, definitely smaller than Silent Giant, but at least as muscular as him.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
(06-17-2018, 07:27 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc4 - biggest booger? in case you missed this part: it is medium, definitely smaller than Silent Giant, but at least as muscular as him.

[OoC: When Toot was speaking about the "biggest bogger" he was referring to the goo that was stuck on Lugar.  I should have made it more clear.  I will edit my post. ]
OoC - in skill checks the natural 1 or 20 is just a normal roll and not an automatic failure or success.
Init [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19
Know (Arcana) [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25

What is Torin know about this drake? I will post after this info.
OOC - true about skills in general but a Disable Device roll of 16 against a magical trap that has a minimum DC of 26 is... (my personal view in general: I prefer to treat natural 1s on skill checks as "barely successful" if they succeed or as "hilarious failures" if they fail. Natural 20s the other way around. It's usually fluff but sometimes it has some side effect that may actually lead to an opportunity if used in a clever way)

Torin can think of no creature he's ever heard or read of looking exactly like this but based on the shiny surface his best guess is that it's some rare species like an ooze or ice drake, of which the latter are fair fliers but the former are clumsier. Based on the sparse information he's ever encountered the fully grown species should be at least twice the size of this particular one. Torin knows a lot more about dragons in general but it's premature to tell any more before observing the creature's movements and behaviour.

"What kind of dragon is this?" Merri asks, puzzled.
"Is it a dragon?" Shanna asks in reply, fumbling through her pack for something to use in the situation.

Merri, Torin, Lugar, Shanna up! (note: don't forget: Lugar is entangled, implying all restrictions to his actions. He's stranded in place, not immobile, but things like spellcasting may need concentration checks.)

OOC - it seems we have two DMPCs for the moment. I'll tackle their rolls, init included, you guys propose actions.
OOC - modified due DM's post below

- It's a drake and not a TRUE dragon.

Torin steps closer to SG and casts a Fly on him. - Fly RobinSG fly ... Big Grin
Ooc - a drake is a proper dragon, albeit not a true one.

(06-18-2018, 02:59 PM)Torin Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - modified due DM's post below

- It's a drake and not a TRUE dragon.

Torin steps closer to SG and casts a Fly on him. - Fly RobinSG fly ... Big Grin

OOC - Will save? Smile

And what? Lizard, lizard.... You crazy dwarf, what did you do?

SG flies away.... but not yet Big Grin
(06-18-2018, 07:28 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - it seems we have two DMPCs for the moment. I'll tackle their rolls, init included, you guys propose actions.

OOC - Enlarge SG
First Round

24 - Merri invokes a brief incantation and a shimmering force field envelopes her graceful form as she moves closer, carefully avoiding the depression as well as creating herself an almost perfect line for charging, and drawing her greatsword as part of the process. She approaches the creature from the south/southwest, so that the rest of the party, Giant in particular, are not blocked.
19 - Torin invokes a different incantation, and Giant feels as if his body had lost weight.
15 - Lugar (stranded in place but not helpless) ...
13 - Shanna ... (note: her list is incorrect, she cannot have necromantic or enchantment spells. Enlarge Person is transmutation so I'm willing to pretend that she has it memorised...)