RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Entry Cavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kayla shrugs and puts one of the potions into her belt pouch. "I'll keep one for whoever might need it!" she says. "Now, which way? To the south?"
Ursk will accept the other potion if offered though it would be with little but a gruff acknowledgment. Better the slave be sacrificed than the masters, most likely, and this will just keep me up front, he thinks of the proffer. Still, he recognizes the utility of the potion and remains concerned about the welfare of the other slaves that have been sent to retrieve this master everyone else seems worried about. Maybe I'm wrong... but I doubt it.

He nods gruffly to Kayla. Even though it didn't make him sick and he had no trouble swimming, the thought of going back into the water doesn't much appeal to the stocky dwarf.

He hefts his axe back up to his shoulder and moves through the southern passage.

Perception (darkvision): 1d20+4 7

Though he tries to keep an eye out for danger, Ursk is a distracted by the wound to his ankle. Don't need the potion yet, just walk it off.
The tunnel leads southwest for a way, about 60-70 feet, before coming to a crossroad. To the northwest, a collection of crates, boxes, rubble, and scavenged metal lies heaped in piles. Several strange chalk drawings of twisted spiny plants, a strange three-legged creature, and emaciated four-armed humanoids mark the walls. Further southwest leads off into darkness. The Southeast tunnel also leads into darkness,
Kayla takes a keen interest in the drawings and collection of boxes and crates. She will look for anything trapped (first) or useful (second)!

Perception [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28 (+1 vs traps)
"A camp it seems.... someone was collecting what they found."

Reawyn will assist Kayla in searching for traps, then starts to look through the crates and boxes.
"Does anyone recognize what creatures these chalk drawings might be depicting,"  Cin asks everyone.

[OoC: Cin only has Knowledge Engineering 6 which includes technological things.  If the DC of any of these pictures are 10 or less I believe she can make a Knowledge check at +1]
Chrome joins the others in their investigation into the room. He joins Cin in her interest in the drawings, looking them over and deciding if they're clear enough to be in reference to any arcane being he knows, or if any refer to some sort of robot he may have studied.

Chrome himself also has Engineering, +9, with an Arcana of +6. I'll make a roll if it's relevant.
There is nothing useful to be found in the junk pile. It would likely take a few hours to go through it all to be sure. The three-legged look like the construct from earlier. The other thing isn't familiar at all.
"Let's keep going straight (southwest) and see where this takes us..." Kayla says after they've done a quick scan of the crates and drawings.
Reawyn nods and moves up to assist Kayla as she checks for dangers ahead of them.

[Perception(trapfinding) +5]