RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Entry Cavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Well, that stuff is just not natural. Eva, any idea if we could scrape it off somehow?"

[OoC as in Knowledge Nature isn't going to help me here]
(06-07-2017, 11:37 AM)Man in Black Wrote: [ -> ](In the interest in saving time, does anyone object to me making knowledge rolls when I feel it appropriate to do so?  I'm sticking pretty closely to the rules, so if you have further questions add a knowledge roll of your own.)

[OoC: I don't have any problem with you rolling knowledge checks.  Often players shouldn't have to say that they want to make a check because they would just know as soon as they saw something in their field of knowledge.  Like someone with Know: Nature encountering a Bear.  They shouldn't need to go through the whole combat not knowing what they are fighting just because they forgot to say they were making a nature check. ]

[OoC2: what does the body appear to be wearing?]

"Well the mold is likely on the outside of his body.  Objects inside pouches should be alright.  We just have to figure out how to get them out.  This mold grows when it's hit by fire.  What about acid?  Does anyone have any acid?  Maybe we could weaken the outside layers to expose any hidden pouches or objects hiding underneath."  Cin was just trying to throw any idea out there that might spark an idea.
Ursk blinks when Cin half-orders him to help haul up the body. He stares at her for a moment, stores his axe across his back, then crosses his arms and leans up against a cavern wall. "Ursk may be slave, but Ursk not your slave."

He keeps his distance as the others decide how to search the body.

OOC: I have no trouble with you rolling knowledges on our behalf. Efficiencies in PbP are a positive. 
"I never said you were my slave or anyone else's slave.  I apologize if you took what i said the wrong way and you don't like how I ask you for help.  Next time I will be more sensitive to your feelings and I won't ask for your assistance."
Reawyn rolls his eyes at Cin and Ursk's behaviour. 

"Glad to see we make such a great team. I have ample acid, but it tends to burst out from it's containers rather forcefully, not in a controlled fashion like what you hope."
Whether the dwarf accepts the apology or not is unclear. He just continues to stand by the wall with his arms crossed and his usual dour expression, though he also has nothing he can add to efforts to decontaminate or neutralize the mold's danger.
(Roll away, sir!)

Kayla watches the fishing expedition with amusement and interest, vowing to pick up a grapple of her own the next time she has some extra gold... Once the body is brought up, she will join the group in searching for useful information and equipment...
Perception [1d20+8] = 6+8 = 14 (+1 vs traps)
OOC:  While not all valuable/useful loot is magical, has anyone tried a simple detect magic yet? Alternatively, if poking around with a dagger or stick doesn't work, we can just leave the corpse here and come back. 
Now that the body is finally within range of actually investigating, Chrome's eyes glow as he peers over the body for any magical items. "Did anybody say they recognized this individual?" He asked as well, while scanning for any auras that might be present. "Blades tend to be on the cold-side, is it something we could carefully scrape off without it spreading that way?" He offered his own thoughts to the matter.

[OOC] Was holding off on detecting magic until we could potentially interact with the body. See other side of it, etc. He wanted to recover him anyway, just to see if they knew who he/she was up close.
Chrome detects no magic on the corpse.

Nobody recognizes him. (Only one person took local?)

Everyone notices that there are patches of rust colored fibers growing out of his chest and throat. Eva recognizes this as Russet Mold, an infection that kills its victim and creates vegepygmies from the corpse. The cold could be keeping the mold from spreading.

Attached to his belt is an exquisite hand crossbow, a pouch of bolts, and a purse. His chain shirt looks particularly fine, even with the mold sticking out of it.