RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Entry Cavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC:  So improvised and 1 range increment would be a -6. Against... if he's helpless, the body has a Dex of 0 (-5 to AC), so 10-5=5. Before any attack bonuses, need an 11 or better. If the weapon is tied to a rope, just throw a couple times. I'm also open to the Enlarge Person, Staff+Axe approach, though I wonder if it would be better to save those spells for later. Alternatively, we could just come back. Finally, anyone done detect magic yet? See if the body or anything else is radiating magic?
[OOC] Personally, i think Chrome wants to verify the individual's identity as well unless we got that. As for the waste of spells... I think it also was RP justified in letting Ursk get used to the feeling of fighting in an unnaturally large body xD As soon as you say you're willing to take it, you can be large with the improvised reach weapon, then fish him out. Shouldn't be too hard. Besides, I'm more of a use it or lose it mentality-- especially since my spells aren't the most potent at this stage.
(06-04-2017, 09:48 PM)Ursk Wrote: [ -> ]OOC:  So improvised and 1 range increment would be a -6. Against... if he's helpless, the body has a Dex of 0 (-5 to AC), so 10-5=5. Before any attack bonuses, need an 11 or better. If the weapon is tied to a rope, just throw a couple times. I'm also open to the Enlarge Person, Staff+Axe approach, though I wonder if it would be better to save those spells for later. Alternatively, we could just come back. Finally, anyone done detect magic yet? See if the body or anything else is radiating magic?

[OoC: So with her Attack +6, Cin would need a 5 or above.  Not that it matters too much since if we miss we just drag the rope back.  As for Detect Magic, Cin asked if someone could keep casting the spell.  Since it's a cantrip you never lose the spell so why not cast it as often as possible so we don't miss any magically hidden doors or magical traps.   ]
Reawyn again offers the grappling that is already attached to the end of his rope.

"And why are we risking losing your axe when we have this? I brought all this gear so it could be used."
"I also have a grappling hook so if something happens we have a spare..." Eva says.
(Well I was just going with an AC 5 to hit. If you have an actual grapnel, there is no improvised weapon penalty.)
"Thank you," Cin says to Reawyn while taking the grappling hook.  She tests the weight of it in her hand and then throws it at the body, hoping to snag something.

[Throwing grappling hook; Attack +6, Result: 9 (With an AC 5, Cin can only miss on a 1) ]
"Gently now. Reel it in, but slowly, if the body is frozen solid things might break off if we are not careful."
"If he's frozen solid I'm going to need some help reeling him in..."  Cin looks at Ursk.  "In case you missed it, that was your cue to help."
While the body is cold, it is not frozen solid. This still does not make it easy to drag across the rough floor. The hard part is getting it up the cliff, but with a little teamwork they are able to get it up to the top. Eva warns the group not to get too close since it is now caked in brown mold. They can feel the chill coming off it from a few yards away.

(In the interest in saving time, does anyone object to me making knowledge rolls when I feel it appropriate to do so? I'm sticking pretty closely to the rules, so if you have further questions add a knowledge roll of your own.)