RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Entry Cavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(There is only one way left to go, so....)

The tunnel leading SE goes on for about 35-40ft before opening up into a large cavern. The ceiling of this vast chamber rises nearly 30 feet overhead. A five foot wide ledge runs along the western wall, sloping down to the cave floor 10 ft below. Four ramshackle huts made of what appears to be strips of metal, hides, and some sort of fibrous plant matter sit in the cave, while to the South yawns a dark pit.

(I will post up a picture of the cavern when I get home this morning. )
Something is still going on with the computer. I can't upload anything anywhere. Even my google drive.
[Image: view?usp=drivesdk]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz__Dpb...p=drivesdk

Where there is a will there is a way.

You're coming in on the left side in the middle.
(06-23-2017, 11:45 AM)ManĀ inĀ Black Wrote: [ -> ][Image: view?usp=drivesdk]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz__Dpb...p=drivesdk

Where there is a will there is a way.

You're coming in on the left side in the middle.

[OoC how big are the squares? the huts must be really small if they are 5' squares]
Reawyn will make sure to have a bomb handy in his hand and quietly set his pack down [switching to light encumbrance] then attempts move quietly forward to the edge of the path directly in front of them.

[Stealth [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5] In the dim light he accidentally kicks the side of his pack and the resulting metallic jingle echoes through the cavern.

He stops, giving an embarrassed shrug.
As the group steps out towards the ledge, a dark-skinned and hairless humanoid steps out of hiding. It appears to be a scrawny female in tattered rags. Her hands are out in a gesture of peace. "You come see chieftain? She has offer. You help us, we help you." After she is done speaking, two more come out of the shadows on the other side, flanking the party.
[OoC I don't suppose Know(arcana) or know(nature) will explain what race they are?]
Initially backing up, when the figure made herself known as he'd want to get out of the way of any potential scuffle, he stepped back up and further forward when was apparently peaceful. "Absolutely wondrous! Tremendous! Any sort of help to investigating what happened to those we're looking for is welcome. I believe..." he turns to the others, hoping he's not too overbearing, "I'd imagine we'll be willing to hear you what sort of help you need. If it's something we can do reasonably, i see no reason not for a trade of favors! We're certainly stumbling around over ourselves down here." He doesn't seem to respond to the flank in an expectant way, simply happen that they're revealing themselves.

Same question as Reawyn, though I feel like they're probably local from the description he offered.
"I will abide up here to guard our geasr while you fellows consult with this chieftain."

What Reawyn leavs unsaid, but hopes his compatriots remember is that his primary attack affects and area, and he can reach the entire village from this ledge if things should go awry.
(Yeah, it's local. Odd choice. They are not exactly 'locals.')

She looks at the large group nervously. "Half follow. Half stay."

(Who goes, who stays? It won't be particularly long.)