RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Entry Cavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ursk catches his breath after about half a minute, then slowly looks around. Realizing the others are blind, he just sighs and nods to Kayla. "Ursk come this far, smash other things, too". With the slightest of limps, he follows the resilient woman to ensure the immediate perimeter is safe.
After nearly an hour of rest, the blinded party members begin regaining their sight. It takes a few minutes for the blur to becoe solid lines again.

While doing their patrol of the cavern, Ursk and Kayla spot something in the water. Upon closer inspection, they see a half-eaten corpse. There isn't enough to tell who or what it was in life. Nearby is a belt pouch with 42 silvers, a silver symbol, and two potions.
Kayla will bring the loot to the party and ask Chrome about the potions and silver symbol. "Are they magic? Can we use them?!"

After Chrome has a chance to examine them, she describes the two potential ways out of the cavern. "The waterway to the north of us turns to the east, but another tunnel branches off to the south right after the point where we entered this area. Maybe we stay out of the water for a while, now that we've finally gotten all dry and everything..."
While blind Cin slides down the wall she had placed her back against and takes a seat.  After a few moments she begins to whisper under her breath some song she heard once.  Someone sitting beside her might be able make out the words, "Hello darkness my old friend..."  [ Tongue ]

Resting one wrist on each knee, Cin lowers her head and closes her eyes waiting for the bright spot to fade from her vision.  When finally the light fades, Cin lifts her head and says, "My vision is finally returning.  Lets hope this is the last of swimming, climbing or frogs with Mega-gleam eyes."
Chrome considers Cin's comment somewhat seriously and responds in turn, "I doubt it. We must be ready to harsh hazards worse than swimming, I'm sure, and unless it was crafted through some sort of magical means I would expect to find more of the gleamy-eyed frogs down here. It's unlikely for a creature to exist soley on its own in its environment. Mates, offspring, it would be a healthy assumption there are plenty more... whether or not we encounter them we cannot say for sure. On the other hand, if it is a creature constructed of magic, then rather than be weary of more I would have a greater concern to the magic that designed it, and what other monstrosities its creator might have left down here as well." After finishing his offering of thoughts on the matter of the creature, he looked over to Kayla who addressed him.

Detecting magic on the items before him, and then focusing on each one in turn Chrome investiagtes for an magic aura and their type if discovered. For the potions(?) he will also attempt to identify them, but during so he speaks up, "Admittedly, when it comes to identification of alchemical goods, I am certain Reawyn has a better eye than my own."

Spellcraft to Identify: 1d20+5 [b]15

Spellcraft to Identify: 1d20+5 12
(Correction, the water way leads WEST. Corrected my offending post. )

The potions give off a Conjuration aura. It's faint, giving a narrow range of options, but he can't quite pin down the exact spell.

The symbol is mundane silver and likely of religious significance.
"I was waiting until my vision had returned, and you were done examining them. Also I do not know your abilities, and Kayla holds you in such regard that I did not doubt them."

Reawyn examins each potion in turn as Chrome passes them over.
[Spwllcraft (identify potion) [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28]
[Spwllcraft (identify potion) [1d20+8] = 2+8 = 10]

"Why that's a.. and... umm.. wow that smells bad."
Weyna perks up to watch the others go over items. "May I see the symbol?"
The potions are both cure light wounds.
"Kayla and Ursk should carry those, or perhaps Taijun and Ursk.  They will be the most likely to get injured during combat."