RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Entry Cavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The temperature drops noticeably in this passageway, and a rime of white frost lines the walls and floor leading into the cavern beyond. What seems to be a light layer of brown dust carpets the cave floor beyond—a body of some sort sits slumped against the eastern wall. There is a 10 foot drop into the cavern. (DC 10 climb check)

(If anyone has dungeoneering, now would be a good time to show off your skill.)
[OoC nerp]
(Not yet...Although it is a class skill!)

Kayla steps to the edge of the drop-off, eyeing the body, the strange dust, and the out-of-place frost suspiciously..."I'd like to see who that is, and see what they left us. I wonder why it's so cold all of a sudden? Everywhere else we've been down here has been a constant temperature...Can someone hold a rope so I can climb down there?"
Eva recognizes brown mold right away. Brown mold feeds on warmth, drawing heat from anything around it. It normally comes in patches 5 feet in diameter, and the temperature is always cold in a 30-foot radius around it. Living creatures within 5 feet of it are slowly drained of their warmth until they die. Fire brought within 5 feet of brown mold causes the mold to instantly double in size. Cold damage instantly destroys it.
"Brown Mold, it'll suck the heat from your body if you get too close. It feeds on flames but can be killed with cold." Eva explains quickly before anyone tries their luck with the passage.
"Oh, well in that case, maybe I'll pass this time around..." Kayla says with a hint of disappointment. "Shall we backtrack and try the other path from the crates and drawings?"
"Do you think we could use my rope and grappling hook to 'fish' for the body Kayla?" He looks at Eva "Or would my rope freeze and be too brittle?'
Ursk stands to the side, studying the room and listening to the tall folk converse. When Eva volunteers that the brown dust would suck the heat from their bodies, he just eyes her from beneath a furrowed brow. What nonsense, she's probably trying to delay us... still, something killed that man. 

He looks at the cave a bit more closely and considers climbing down. But the idea of "fishing" for the body seems like not a bad one. 

OOC: Are there other exits from this cave or is it a dead end? Sorry if I've lost a link to a map we should be using. 
Chrome ponders as he looks around the group trying to gauge their gear, "If we have someone that can use a weapon or something with a long reach, i could extend it about ten feet?" He looks back to the body to try to see the exact range away the body is.

I can enlarge someone if we can try to hook something around him, or like Reawyn offered, fish him out only without a rope dragging... if he's within 20 feet anyway.