RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Out of Charges (OOC thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Ding ding ding.

And I think he gets what's comin.' Not that I've seen the show since that episode.
Ok...looking for just a bit more activity guys. Are we still alive here?
Still here, just at a kloss activity wise myself about what comes next.
I was waiting for you. At now I'm a little bit busy with my work and personal life. I hope I can post in this weekend.
I don't believe knowledge skills can be used untrained.  Personally I don't really agree with this stance.  For example, why do I need Knowledge Nature to know what a Blue Jay or a sparrow looks like?  In my game I usually allow players to attempt a knowledge check for a DC or 10 or lower or 5 for Knowledge skills like Planes or Arcane because information in those skills aren't really skills that come up in daily conversation for most medieval people unless maybe you're playing a Puritan campaign.
((I actually agree with you, to some extent, but the average Joe Schmo is not going to be able to tell what plane he is on if it's anything but prime, and even then there are ways to shield or trick that.  Same goes for magic/psionics/etc.  But I do believe that knowledge(nobility) shouldn't necessarily require training.))
When I mentioned Knowledge Arcane for a Puritan campaign, I was thinking that commoners might know common wards like garlic and incense.  Or in the case of Puritans and the Planes, they may know folklore about heaven and Hell or even the names of more well known entities like Mephistopheles or Beelzebub.
All of that is info that can be gleaned by taking 10, even though that's something that can't be done untrained anyway. I should probably clarify which skills I'm going to caveat away the "must be trained" for. I'm thinking nobility and local are the obvious ones. Don't have to be scholastically versed to know or find out what's going on in local communities and kingdoms that one visits. If you roll poorly on one of those rolls, it just means that you've never/rarely been there and didn't have to time to talk to people.
Gee... I didn't realize that all the male characters were going to have demeaning views of women. Maybe I should have played a man.
(02-20-2017, 10:56 PM)U OAndra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Gee... I didn't realize that all the male characters were going to have demeaning views of women. Maybe I should have played a man.

Vidar is a dragon, he looks down on everyone ;Wink and he doesn't get along with nobility, being a noble's bastard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40