RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Out of Charges (OOC thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Well she mentioned guards a while ago and no one disagreed.  But Nex can hide the Guards back by the loot instead.  So the thieves can be lured inside.  Or she can place a bunch up on a roof to fire fake arrow at them.
That is a clever idea. Perhaps we should wait to see how best to use it... It could very well save lives if things go south. I think you shouldn't make guards on the walls until the bandits are inside. Who knows, maybe a show of force will cause them to surrender? Vidar should be able to make a little offering to draw them in. Can silent image make a dragon appear in front of the gate? That might make the whole group drop dead from fright Smile
It could create anything including a dragon as long as it stays within the five 10' cubed area but the illusion wouldn't have any sound.  It would be up to the DM exactly how they react to the Dragon.  I would imagine if a dragon suddenly jumps out it could freak them out and maybe even run away but once the initial shock was over with they would wonder why a dragon is there; why there isn't any sound; why isn't it pursuing them; etc?
(09-23-2016, 02:57 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Well she mentioned guards a while ago and no one disagreed.  But Nex can hide the Guards back by the loot instead.  So the thieves can be lured inside.  Or she can place a bunch up on a roof to fire fake arrow at them.

Now that is a good idea   more targets keep us safe.
(09-23-2016, 03:46 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]... why there isn't any sound; why isn't it pursuing them; etc?

We can work together and Eran casts a ghost sound. So, our dragon will have awesome sounds. Smile
I like this plan, I think there is already a healthy fear of Red Dragons in this land going by its history. The multiple guard plan is just as good too.

(09-25-2016, 04:35 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: I was just wondering if I had cast my Silent image yet or not.  Am I currently concentrating or am I readying my crossbow to shoot if it looks like they aren't going to give up.]

Vidar stayed up late setting out an offering allowing the spell casters to save their spells for when the bandits arrived. A little side affect of the red dragon plan is that rumours can spread about their return. Either scaring some people away or drawing others to the area.
Yes, let's hash all this out and check each others' sheets to make sure things are correct JUST as we're starting combat...

Guess I have to retcon my action, because I misread something.
There. My action is edited, and will stand, regardless of what everyone else decides they're doing before the combat.
Okay, I've got a constructive idea. Misunderstandings happen, in character, all the time. Or they should, anyway.

So!

1. What was set up during the night, while the casters were sleeping?

2. When the casters woke, did they prepare their spells before talking to anyone or looking around the fort again? (I know Andra wouldn't check in first)

3. If the casters did not check what the morning situation was before preparing spells, what do they prepare based on their outdated understanding of the agreed plan? (i.e. Nexendia being under the impression that she's doing something with Silent Image, so she prepares it, only to find that the Vikings have set up actual loot and hidden their bear-trap in it.)
(09-25-2016, 08:21 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, let's hash all this out and check each others' sheets to make sure things are correct JUST as we're starting combat...

Guess I have to retcon my action, because I misread something.

Ok. First I read your post and saw the numbers of your potions (5). This is a very big number for a 1st level character only a sorcerer or similar full caster with 20+ main stat can access this. This was  the reason while I checked your sheet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40