RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Swimming Pool! [Open everyone] + Malcolm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Malcolm broadcasts through the mindlink.

He's jumped inside the house, Blink? Can you get people in fast?"
[OOC: Intuition check: 12  Sad ]

Trevor is momentarily blinded by the flash and when he opens his eyes Jack has vanished.  He looks around for him but doesn't find him.  So instead he asks Katrina and Sebastian if they would like to continue flying or be put down.  He does notice Katrina moving the dirt (she went before him) so he will focus his attention more on the house.
While the new guy is still having a mental conversation with Aurum, a plump teenage boy wielding a broomstick in one hand and a garbage can lid in the other, confronts the group beside the house.  (Which is Blink and Porsche as he has not seen Aurum or Interface.)   Aurum takes the time to try to talk to Jack but the only response she gets is a loud, ~Are you going to try to mind control me again?  Get out of my head!~

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" the teen asks the intruders.  

Katrina sighs and with a simple wave of her hand the mound of loose soil heeds her command and quickly disperses.  Ballista does not spot Jack so he waits for Katrina and Sebastian to reply to his question.  Sebastian shrugs his shoulders but then says to Kat, "What about us flying up to the second floor and enter the house from there?"

Meanwhile Blink freezes when she hears the chubby kid yell his questions at them.  She looks at him and says, "We are friends of Lisa's.  We are trying to help her.  Something is going on inside their house."

With Jack vanishing, Interface needs to ping Jack's phone to find where he's moved to to use his powers.  Assuming he does so [No Karma needed for any of these checks] he finds his phone inside the house.  After easily slipping through any security he runs through all his texts from this morning which he can do fairly quickly since most of the texts where of Jack asking for Lisa to answer.  But there is something sort of interesting... 

Johnny Blair glides down to the driveway and attempts to convince James to go back inside the house.  At the same time he forces the Emotion of Loyalty on James' father.  James was about to reply to the angel when he's interrupted by his father saying, "James, I'm sorry but this guy is making sense!"  James' eyes widen like saucers.  "Whaaaat?"  Turning to look at his father, he sees him acting not at all like his father.  Normally his father (and mother) are super protective and act like grumpy old people.  His dad would never in a million years be so level headed and unfazed by a teenager with wings.  James admitted it was kind of cool but this guy is obvious doing something to his father.  He couldn't let that happen, no matter how refreshing it might be!  James' eyes then darken as he turns to glare at the angel.  "What did you do to my father?  Let him go!!"  James takes a deep breath and blows!  [Everyone in the area is hit with Remarkable intensity wind.  That would include: Johnny Blair, Porsche, Interface and Aurum.  All of you must make a Remarkable intensity Endurance check to keep from being thrown off your feet and possibly blasted into a wall or something else.  See below...]

Meanwhile, Malcolm is hiding in the bushes but he spots Jack for a moment when he reappeared inside the house.  But Jack disappeared from sight when he moved away from the window.  Malcolm then broadcasts to everyone that Jack has reappeared inside the house!

Gedeon runs toward the house with Saleem in tow.  She gets to the front door but finds it has been locked.  [You still have 2 noncombat actions or 1 combat action.  I think you can try to break through the door as part of you move by using your endurance or you can just attack the door with your blades.]

Now it's Aurum, Porsche, Saleem and Graffiti's turns.

Initiatives:
94  Aurum
93  Porsche
88  Saleem
87  Graffiti
81  Static Charge
69  Johnny Blaire
63  James
51  Katrina
45  Ballista
39  Sebastian
34  Blink
33  Interface
31  Malcolm
11  Gedeon

[OoC:  James' hyper breath is remarkable intensity which means he can effect an area equal to 2.6 areas.  Each area is around 40'x40' area.  So Porsche and Blink are affected and even though he can't see Interface or Aurum, they get hit by the sudden blast of super breath too.  Please make your rolls.  If your endurance is:
  • Incredible or higher  = you need to roll a green check.  Karma yes
  • Remarkable  = you need to roll a yellow check. Karma yes
  • Excellent or lower = you need to roll a red check. Karma yes
  • Feeble = you need to roll a red check.  Karma no.]
Failure means you are knocked on your butt and you will be required to use one of your non-combat actions to stand up.  You also may take a small amount of damage.
[OoC did you forget the half blinding fog that fills the alley between us and the chubby kid? or the subtly manacing statement of the heat enshrouded Porsche towards the trash can wielder and his dad to get inside and hide?]

"Look kid, we are here to help your neighbors with a dangerous super power, we do not want you or your dad there to get hurt, it is safest if you get inside and wait for the police to arrive. In fact if you could call them it'd be a huge help, my cell pgone is wrecked from the rain."
Johnny looks over to see a chubby kid coming out with some kitchenware to try and frighten a blured female shape that was speaking very sensibly about encouraging him to go back inside his home.   Murmuring an I got this thought Aurum's way,  he stands and spreads his wings, jumping off the roof and using his long wingspan to glide into the alley next to the 'hot' chick, landing light on his feet. Staring down the kid, he thinks for a moment before giving him a friendly smile.

"Hey, c'mon dude.  Let's just head back inside like the lady said.  Just sounds like a really good idea."

((Emotion Control: Love on the father to get him to trust Johnny.  If James doesn't listen...might have to use it on him as well Sad))
"He is really starting to get on my last nerve," Ashley mutters to herself (I think within earshot of Malcolm.)  She then points an open hand at the house and concentrates.  Suddenly the color begins to melt out of the outer brick walls of Lisa's house, leaving them perfectly clear like glass, hopefully revealing what was going on inside.
[OoC: I'm kind of waiting for Gedeon to decide what she is going to do with the door.  But I will post as if she does nothing.]

Saleem was in demon form and his blood was boiling.  It was obvious he was having a more and more of a difficult time holding onto his emotions as the runes inscribed upon his red flesh now glowed and flickered like a raging fire within him.  He charges at the door and tries to knock it open.

[OoC:  Using Karma.  Rolled a 42.  Not sure how much karma Saleem needs right now but he has enough.]

After knocking the door down he looks around and if he sees Jack he will roar at him a and charge.
((OOC: Sorry. Been busy.))

Gedeon stops short of the door. What was she supposed to do now? So far, they haven't really caused any damage, and breaking down the door would definitely put them into the realm of "up to no good." But the decision is made for her as Saleem breaks it down anyway. With a shrug, her invisible form begins "growing" long arm-blades, and she stalks into the house after Saleem.
((Reposting action that wasn't resolved from 7/4, with the addition of a see-through house.))

Aurum glances back at the man with the garbage bags, but doesn't turn around. Instead, she walks forward until she is on the edge of the front yard. If she sees Jack inside the house, she sends a telepathic message to him. ~There are better ways to do this. I could find out the truth, and, if what you say is true, we can keep him held until the police arrive.
[OoC:  I've updated my previous post to include Aurum's and Johnny Blair's actions as well as James' response (who goes right after Johnny) to Johnny's Emotion Control of his father.  ]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36