RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Swimming Pool! [Open everyone] + Malcolm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Katrina replies over the mindlink. ~Go for it. I really don't know what to say that will get through to him.
(07-02-2016, 09:17 PM)Aurum Wrote: [ -> ]Aurum turns back to watch those in the street, and continues the telepathic conversation with the winged boy on the roof, more privately. In this conversation, the extra voices seem farther away, but don't disappear completely. Instead, an image stands in his mind of a stunningly beautiful young woman with skin made of supple gold. It's not an illusion, or anything he sees with his eyes, so he knows that she is not actually standing on the roof with him. Her mouth moves, as the voice sounds in his head again.

~Vibes? You are another Receiver then? I'm sorry. I cannot keep them from you. There is a man who offered to block my own out, though I chose differently, and I hope you would choose the same. We can do a lot of good with our gifts, painful though they are. But once this necessary ugliness is over, I could take you to him, to see if he can help you, so you may choose.

Johnny sort of gives the golden woman a little start.  Where'd she come from?  His mental imprint is fairly solid, though his wings are missing in his and his eyes are a little blurry and discolored.  He has a relatively firm grasp on his own emotions, but he feels...uncomfortable at best with his wings, being that they mark him as an outsider with just about everyone he had ever cared about up until now.  That's what happens if she digs a little into his thoughts and feelings.

~Receiver?  What the heck is that?  You say you know someone who can help me?  I just...want to be normal again.  Can he do that?

Aurum can tell that he is experiencing a lot of pain from the intense emotions being thrown about in just the nearby 50 or so feet.  He has no real interest in anything that's going on down on the street, save that everyone calm down and stop filling the air with so much anger and stress.
To Johnny Blair:
~ That he can't do. And I'm not certain whether he could block your reception. Your abilities may be different enough that he can't. But there is a chance, and he could probably, at least, offer isolation if he can't block it. He runs a school, where those with abilities can get away from everyone else. There is even a man with wings that visits, and sometimes teaches there.
~You mean there's someone else with these things??

He waves at his wings in his mental image even they don't show up.  Then he just looks down at what's going on on the ground, a look of pain and sadness sparkling in his eyes.  After a moment, it is gone.

~ Alright, I'll think about it.  So what happened here?
To Johnny Blair:

~ One of the other students, the fast one, has a girlfriend who lives in the house you are standing on. Something was said that led him to believe her father hit her. His anger is understandable, but if he hurts the father, it will be all over the news, and that's bad for all of us. There are ways, legal ones, to deal with it. But he wouldn't see reason. 
~Did he actually hit her?   If he did, why?  Seems like Speedy Gonzalez there has the right idea if that's the case.

Johnny is already thinking about how to approach this.   On the one hand, these people really meant nothing to him.   Why should he bother?  On the other, good Samaritan and all that.   Also, there were more of him than he realized.
Trevor wasn't sure if it was the Canker Virus or his friendship with Gedeon but he was really pissed off.  He wanted Jack to feel what it felt like to slam into something.  With his own Kinetic Manipulation powers he could quiet easily make Jack run into a brick wall like he did back at the mansion or even face first into a transport truck.  Resisting the urge to critically harm the speedster, Trevor continues to float 15' off the ground while holding both Katrina and Sebastian in air with him.  He then waits for Jack to try to run again.  When he does, Trevor plans to flick him toward the Icy ground Porsche had created.  Hopefully the ice will be slippery enough to keep him off balance.

[Readying action to flick Jack.  It's a typical intensity feat with Incredible Kinetic control to change his direction.]

"Are you alright Gedeon," Trevor calls out loud.  "The shit-lord didn't hurt you too badly, did he?  He better not, or he'll find himself on the losing end of a Game of chicken with a train!"  He purposely spoke to Gedeon verbally so Jack could hear.  Jack had got just a taste of what Trevor could do to him and he wanted him to think twice before trying to tackle her again.
[OoC: Porsche, According to the Area of Effect table, Betimi can freeze around a 20' radius or about 35'x35'.  Using the midsize car as a basic measurement of 4.8m or round up to 15', Lisa's house is about 30' wide.  The driveway (to the left of the house) would add about another 10'.  Aurum, Johnny, Blink and Porsche is standing in Jame's driveway right now.  Please look at the map.  I placed the blue square where I think you want the ice to be.]

Interface catches up with Aurum and creates his stun gun.  Saleem creeps out from hiding looking for Katrina.  Porsche freezes the ground and calls out to Lisa and her father to get inside the house.  Lisa yells, "We CAN'T move.  This barrier has us trapped inside!"

Jack was wondering where all this animosity was suddenly coming from.  He was innocent!  Jack has never done anything mean to anybody.  He was always so nice to everyone.  Jack went out of his way to make meals for people; made sure teachers were well informed; was very protective of the girls in the group; tried to mentor the younger students, like Malcolm.  Obviously they all misunderstood his intentions because he couldn't fathom any other reason why they would be acting this way.  It couldn't all be because he bumped into Gedeon.  He explained that what he did was for love.  Certainly they understood that love was more important than loyalty to friends.  Wouldn't Aurum look out for Johnny?  Of course she would.  That's all he was doing.  Or maybe one of them were mind controlling his friends.  That must be it!  Why else would everyone be angry at him...

"I think I understand now," Jack calls out to everyone.  "You all must be under some kind of mind control!  Just think about it.  I've always been so nice to all of you and now you're acting like idiots.  I've tried to be nice about you all appearing on my girlfriend's doorstep trying to say you're here to protect her from me.  Why the hell would you need to protect someone, especially my girlfriend, from me??  So now I'm starting to lose my cool.  Don't poke the bear, is all I'm saying, bitches."

[Green Intuition check: Rolled 59! Success!]

Jack was about to run into the house after Lisa but he notices the street lights reflecting off the icy front lawn and driveway of her home.  "Not nice Porsche!"  Then before he can act, Jack gets hit by Graffiti's paint which he instantly notices [Rolled 98!] when he starts reflecting the light from the street lights off his body.  "What the fuck is wrong with you bitches!  I said I wouldn't hurt Lisa!"

Then Jack hears Ballista's comment to Gedeon.  He clenches his fist and yells, "You're all jealous of me!  You're jealous of my skills!  I'm faster than all of you!  That's why you want to get in the way of me and Lisa!  Just to get back at me for being better!"  Then thrusting his fist toward Lisa he screams, "Let LISA GO!!!," while launching a powerful bolt of lightning [Remarkable intensity] at the force field surrounding her.  The bolt shatters the shield sending a shockwave back through Malcolms mind!

Lisa and her father shield their eyes from the flash of lightning and then quickly gets inside the house.

[OoC: Malcolm, If a Projected force field is overloaded, the user must make a Psyche FEAT roll against the intensity of the attack of become unconscious.  The Force Field hangs around long enough to protect those within.  So they take no damage but since you have a RM Psyche you need to make a Yellow feat roll to remain conscious.  You may use karma.]

[OoC: I updated the map.  I drew lines from where they were to where they moved to.  Again I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Red = Jack (middle/left)
Dark Red = Saleem (middle)
Black = Gedeon (middle)
Grey = Malcolm (bottom)
Blue = Interface (middle between houses)
Light Blue = Aurum (middle between houses)
Yellow = Blink (middle between house)
Orange = Porsche (middle between house)
Green = Lisa's father (middle)
Light Green = Lisa (middle)
Dark Blue = Trevor (beside "Ismay street")
Purple = Sebastian (beside "Ismay Street")
Light Purple = Katrina (beside "Ismay Street")
White = James (top/right behind house.)
Pink = Johnny (on Lisa's house)
[For Porsche, Blink, Interface and Aurum]

Suddenly the four of you hear, "What's going on there?  Who are you?"  Turning around you see a man carrying two heavy black garbage bags.  He then suddenly freezes in place and whispers, "And what are those!" 

You all think, "Crap!  The jig is up.  The rain is letting him see Interface and Aurum."
Psyche + karma [1d100+5] = 99+5 = 104pcolor=#ff3333]Red [/color] feat without the 5 karma I spent anyway[/color][/font][/size]]

Malcolm shakes off the cobwebs, shocked at the sudden use of force by Jack, and the careless  way Jack risked Lisa's life just to break the force bubble.

[OoC FYI I had meant my force bubble to allow them to slip into the house even though inside the bubble by making it big enough to extend into the house, but it's gone now so no worries]

Malcom shouts. "Jack! No one wants to hurt you!" 

With that his 'mental hand reaches out and attempts to lift Jack just a few feet off the ground.

[Grapple? Using karma for the check Telekinetic Grapple RM26 [1d100+5] = 26+5 = 31 so spending a total of 69 karma for a Red feat]

"You cannot run if your feet can't touch the ground!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36