RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Swimming Pool! [Open everyone] + Malcolm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Sensing Gedeon getting slammed into by Jack through the mind-link, and sensing that Malcolm has put Lisa and her father in a bubble at the front of the house, Samba races out from the side of the house to take up a position near the front of the house, her back to the bubble of force.

"Lisa, chica, you and I have never met, but trust me when I say you and your papa need to get inside the house if you can. Things are about to get cold."

With that she abruptly drops the temperature of the ground in the area around her to well below freezing.

[OoC her intention is to take advantage of the rain, freezing it as it hits the ground, to coat the front lawn and driveway in a layer of ice. Since the ground is actively being cooled by the rain already, she should be able to use that change in temperature to activate her Thermal Control power. Since it doesn't cool the air, it will not cause instant harm to anyone, but should make the front lawn and street slick with. She can drop the temperature by RM26, so let me know if I need to make any rolls.]
Gedeon grunts at the impact, and the motion of her invisible figure stops in place. Her mental placement in the map that she'd been keeping up disappears.

((Spending minimum of 5 Karma for at least a Yellow feat. Endurance - Remarkable [1d100] = 16 Karma expenditure is 50.))
Kat winces at the impact, turning her face slightly away as if to avoid the spray of water which doesn't reach her anyway. When she looks back, her eyes are filled with sadness as the ground continues to vibrate slightly. "Jack..." She sounds tired. "She wasn't going for you. She was trying to protect them from you. You're not thinking clearly. You're attacking friends."

((For those with Empathy powers, she's sad, angry, full of pity, and using all her will to keep her powers in check.))
[[Thanks Kat. I'll probably be posting towards the end of everyone else because I'm at work now o.o. I'm guessing Gedeon feels pain...if you are experiencing any emotions, Johnny's Empathy is very hard for him to control so...with so many people in one place...]]
Sensing something from Gedeon despite the lack of broadcast over the mindlink, Aurum suddenly looks up from her amazement at the new shadowy armor. 

"We need to get over there, now."

She takes off running through the back yard and around the house. If the dog gets anywhere near her, she puts her hand out and shouts, "Sleep!"

((Sleep Stunt, 2nd attempt. Spending minimum of 5 Karma for a Yellow Feat. Telepathy - Incredible [1d100] = 11 Total Karma spent 120, if the dog actually gets near her.))
[FYI: This is some important information that may come up in this encounter.
  1. The effects of a normal rainshower is considered: GOOD intensity.  Which means Porsche will need to make a Green feat to effect the rain's effects.  If it were Typical then she could do it automatically because it's -3cs to her rank.
  2. Distance attacks in the rain are -1cs to hit.
  3. Distance attacks in Night Conditions are -1cs to hit.
  4. A moving target is harder to hit.  Targets moving up to 5 areas/round -1cs; Targets moving between 5 and 10 areas/round -2cs; Targets moving faster than 10 areas per round -4cs.  Currently Jack is moving about 6 areas per round so he can make turns easier.  But he can run as high as 20 areas per round!  
  5. In a round, a player may make 3 non-combat actions per round or 1 combat and one non-combat.  Anyone with an Excellent fighting or below (including talent adjustments) can make a Red Feat to get an extra combat action.  If you have a Remarkable fighting (with talents) you can make a yellow feat for 2 actions, or a Red feat for 3 actions.  An Incredible fighting (with talents) you need a Green fighting feat for 2 actions and a Red for 3 actions.  An Amazing fighting (including talents) you need a Green feat for 2 combat actions, a Yellow for 3 actions and a Red for 3 actions.  All multiple attacks are made at -1cs.  If you fail you only get 1 attack at -3cs]
[OoC1: Currently Johnny doesn't need to make any rolls.  And Malcolm is currently projecting a force field so that is his combat action.  He can still make a move action or make a Red fighting feat to add another attack action to his round. ]

[OoC2: Anyone may make an intuition check to try to notice Johnny flying in the air.  You have a -1cs and will need a green result because even though it's night time there are still street lights that is helping you see.]

[OoC3: Just a reminder, to declare your intentions to use Karma not only in your actions but also when you are rolling by adding +5 to your dice rolls.  So to attack you would type, Attack: [1d100+5] or Attacking with Karma [1d100+5]. Then there will be no confusion if you are using Karma or when you decided to use Karma.  ]

Gedeon is staggered by Jack's strike but manages to keep herself from being knocked flying.  Then while Porsche concentrates on icing the rain, Aurum runs past the barking dog who lunges at her.  Without missing a beat she whispers sleep which causes the dog to whine a little bit, then yawn and curl up for a nice little nap.   Aurum then continues to run around the side of the house until she meets up with Blink and Porsche.

"Why would they need protecting from me," Jack replies to Kat.  "I've never hurt anyone.  You know I wouldn't hurt a fly."

Sebastian looks at Kat like, 'is this guy for real?'
(06-30-2016, 06:58 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC2: Anyone may make an intuition check to try to notice James flying in the air.  You have a -1cs and will need a green result because even though it's night time there are still street lights that is helping you see.]

[[OOC: you mean Johnny, right? Unless there's another mutant in the air...]]
[OoC: Oops. Yes. It should be Johnny. Will edit.]

Edit. Also I meant to say in OoC1 that Johnny doesn't need to make any rolls because you asked to let you know if you needed to make any. I'm not sure why I keep saying James.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
A feminine voices erupts from the watery form that Jack ran into, full of anger. "You had one job, Jack! Never. Touch. Me. Again! Or maybe you don't want your "girlfriend" knowing that you kissed me on the first day we met, and then RAN because you knew I'd kick your pasty ass for it! Is that it, Jack? You can get away with whatever you want, because no one can catch you? That's MESSED UP!" She knows, full well, that this is the last thing he wants Lisa to hear. But she'd said it before coming here. His weaknesses were momentum, and his girlfriend. She is striking at one.
Katrina glances at Trevor. Over Aurum's Mindlink, she projects ~Trevor, take his forward motion if he goes for Gedeon again. Or anyone, for that matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36