RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Athos follows down the caverns, keeping his eyes open for anything dangerous or out of the ordinary. Well - Out of the ordinary for cave diving into a nest of giant rats.

Perception: 1d20+6 = 19
Perception: 1d20+4 23
---Everyone---

The tunnel spirals to the outer edge of the crumbled tower. Its almost impossible to tell where the tower ends and the natural ravine begins. After a few feet it easy to tell the path is angling further down, clearly on the opposite side of the stairs that were leading down before.  As the group descends further they don't spot anything that would resemble something purposely made. The pathway becomes something wholly formed from nature.  A few more minutes and the sounds of chittering and scampering echo from around a bend.  A quick peek around the corner tells Arius, as he is in the lead, that there is a cavern filled with rats and one VERY large rat moving near the back.  

It is quickly clear to the group that the only way they can move forward is to storm the room and take out the rats. It's hard to get an exact count, but there are at least three giant rats and one REAALY big giant rat near the back of the cave.  At the moment they don't seem to notice the group slinking down the path.
Kriv tries to gage the distance from where they are to the Giant rat. He waits for the others to figure out if they want to continue forward or not.

Perception: 1d20+3=13
Arius whispers back to Nightingale, "I think we need to risk it, otherwise we could find them in our path on the way out."
Nightingale frowned, she tried to avoid a front on fight if she could.

"Perhaps we could draw them up this tunnel towards us. We can use the narrower terrain to our advantage I think." She replied to Arius and to the rest of the group.

Digging into a few of her pouches, the monk produced a bag of ball bearings and another of caltrops. "I could use these to hamper them on their approach."
"I used my sleep spell on the first group of rats.  So unless we take a short rest all I have to offer are eldritch blasts.  Assuming it's everyone's wish to attack now, I suggest the range combatants fire at the rats to lure them into the tunnel, as Nightingale suggested, then have the melee combatants dice them up when they approach.  Slowing them down, as Nightingale suggested, would obviously be helpful too, though I believe the caltrops would likely be more successful than the ball-bearings at the task."  
Kriv nods, "I am happy to support with range to draw them towards us as well. My firebolt will help with that I believe."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44