RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Athos nodded in understanding, "I'll take two Ales, one for myself and one for the lady." 

He set two gold on the table, "Hopefully this should cover rooms for a few days and meals?  Along with, what ever tales you might have heard or caught wind of concerning the Citadel or the ones missing."
Holding the door open for Lovise, Mourn stepped in behind her and looked around. He never understood the reasoning for such establishments since from the earliest age he could remember, he'd hunted, fished, and survived off the land, relying on it and his own skills to provide him everything he needed. 

Hello? His deep voice boomed, though it was barely a whisper to him.
"Aye, we are indeed.  Arius Dezlentyr at your service. My compatriots Kriv, and Nightingale. Our other travelling companions should besecuring lodging as we speak."

He removes his hat with a flourish, and gives s slight bow before waving at his friends.
Nightingale gives a stern nod as her name is mentioned, her stance still rather stern, showing her feelings on her sleeve so to speak.
Lovise sauntered into the general store ahead of Mourn, her stride confident. Perhaps in another guise, she'd sway her hips as she walked, but she didn't this time. This was not, at least currently, a con, and just because having Mourn around lent credibility to her identity did not mean that she didn't have to act the part.

Stepping to the side once inside the door, she removed her cloak and folded it over her arm.
---Arius, Nightingale and Kriv---

[Image: Yn4yrui.png?1]

"Good, good, The Lords of Neverwinter have grown concerned about the origin of the apple. they simply want you to investigate it to insure there is nothing ... unsavory about the whole thing.  Personally, I can understand the need, goblins are never to be trusted. Especially considering they try to sell the villagers a foul white apple in the winter.  That damn thing put a lot of villagers in the sick house before everyone caught on.  But every now and again they'll dup a stranger into buying the thing." 

"All the same, I have my own doubts about the supposed good red apple they peddle on us, but the towns folk insist in bidding on the damn thing.  The town doesn't see a copper from all this mess, but we have to deal with all the inquires. That aside, I don't think it's particularly healthy for them to be spending all their money on questionable magical fruit."

---Athos and Leloth---

[Image: FF26YeR.png?1]

"That'll do for now." He tucks the coins away in a money box. 

"The one particular thing I remember was the last time someone came asking about the Sunless Citadel. Well, besides the Neverwinter Watchmen and the two missing adventurers.  Anyways, it was this grim human fellow named Belak. He had this huge pet frog, I swear the biggest frog I had ever seen. Anyways, he went down to the Citadel some thirteen years ago.  Just like those two youngsters though, he never came back."

---Mourn and Lovise---

At first you see a young woman behind the counter of the general store.  She takes one look at the Mourn and Lovise and hits a bell that rings crisply throughout the store.  A finely dressed older woman steps out from the back and walks up to change places with the counter girl.

[Image: h1UoS8c.png]

She looks you both over and nods, "I'm the owner, Kerowyn Hecrele.  You two have the look of Adventurers, even if I'd never laid eyes on the type. Here about my notice?"
"And should we find nothing unsavory, how might we prove our findings?  In this case, proving that there is indeed foulness afoot would be obviously easier to prove than its absence."

"What I mean is, should all be found well intentioned on teh goblin's part, how will we prove our word to you?"
The half-elf shot the merchant lord a smile as bright as the sun itself. "Indeed, we are, my good woman. I am Lovise Cue, and this burly fellow is my sword-brother, Mourn." She bowed deeply, her high pony-tail falling forward before she straightened back up and flipped it out of the way. "How may we be of service?"
Mourn inclined his head in a polite nod when Lovise bowed, but otherwise remained silent and allowed his companion to do the talking. She seemed to have knack about her when it came to putting people at ease, more than his intimidating height and size seemed to.
Kriv nods, "Sounds like this is a bad deal all around for the town, you have my sympathies. Can you tell us from where the goblins come?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44