RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Seeing the group outside the town hall, the gregarious half-elf immediately bee-lines straight for them, hips swaying as if to some silent song. "Heellllooo, what's this?" She asks in a sing-song voice. "Dare I say, a group of adventurers? How exciting! You wouldn't happen to be going to the Sunless Citadel, would you?"
Nightingale nods at the sentiment from Arius, "I can stock up on supplies..." but she cuts herself short as Lovise approaches the group.

The masked woman glances at Arius with a look that invites him to field the question.
Arius raises an eyebrow at this dainty half-elf's question. He looks arouns he group, at Kriv, Athos, Leloth, and Nightingale. There was little point in denying it, they might as well be carrying a banner.

He Put on his most charming smile.

"Good afternoon my lady. Why yes, we are an expedition team sent on official request of the Lords of Neverwinter. We shall be delving into the Sunless Citadel. I trust from your eagerness to make our acquaintance that you have some interest? Perhaps some information to aid us?"

Mayhap this young half-elven woman had some other reward to offer them for something or someone she had lost to the depths.

[Persuasion [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25 haha  toobad it's wasted on aPC]
"I do." She gives an incredibly charming smile back. "I'd just been thinking of putting together a search party, but here you are." Turning sideways, she points back toward the general store. "The owner of the general store is missing some relatives, poor dear, and I told her I'd look for them. She's willing to pay for news of them."
"Indeed. We were just about to visit her, to provision for our delve. I am grateful for the tip."

He bows slightly, his hand tipping his broad hat, then continues his walk to the general store. He assumes the others are following, as they were before.
The half-elf tilts her head at the human, momentarily dreaming of throwing a sharp rock at the back of his head. Straightening, she spares a glance at Nightingale, then spins on her heels and heads toward the inn.
Athos blinks for a moment, not entirely sure how that conversation was supposed to play out.  It seems that the two clearly miss interpreted something they were telling each other. 

"Ah, miss?" Athos called over to the half-elven lady. He moves to catch up to her. "I'm guessing from your attire you're an adventurer and looking for a party of like-minded adventurer's to assist you?"
Bidding Lovise good-bye, the big man had turned to wander back toward where they'd set up camp when he noticed the large group of people, and spotted Lovise heading toward them. Huffing out a breath, he changed direction and headed to where his friend had stopped to converse with them. Approaching, he noticed the fancy dressed human walking past him in the direction of the general store. Stopping just behind Lovise and slightly to her left, he listened to the Elf who addressed her.
She lights up when she sees Mourn. "Mourn!" As the very large man joins her, she turns back to Athos with a smile. "Yes! I thought my brother and I were going to have to find someone else."
Athos smiled, "Please forgive Arius, he a noble and ... well I think that explains it. He's a good fellow beyond that though."  Athos saw the large human come up from the other side of the street and blinked in slight surprise. "Holy Shit. By the gods you're like an oak." 

He shook it off and addressed the pair as it seemed the lady knew the man. "Well, there is definitely safety in numbers.  We were just going to top off our supplies, but I imagine the others will be more than happy to have you join us?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44