RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Gemeris Station [Everyone]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-25-2021, 03:27 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: [ -> ]It was honestly better that Jendu had spoken up, because Korstyn was ready to bite off a particularly sharp retort at Worm.  Worm?  Wormer?  Warmer?  Warmyn?  Whorin?  Whatever.  She slowly turns and walks back to the table where they are seated, staring the man down as she listened to Jendu ramble on.  Slowly, her fists unclench, her posture relaxes, and she nods acceptance.  She accepts the mug and raises it, but does not take her helm off.  She's still not ready to do that yet.

"What's the specifics?"  Ever one to get to the point, she is asking about the job itself.

[[Sorry about the delay in posting.  Been drawing toddler duty a lot lately.  I've noticed the site made a few changes lately.  I like the click slide on the side to access linked characters, but the color palette is a bit too simplistic for my taste.  Oh well.]]

[OoC  It really isn't a worry because I had a delay in posting at the same time and GM Marevel seems to going through like-wise, and I knowUbi is dealing with fatigue most of the time, so isn't doing great either. I wish I had the energy to keep up with a toddler lol{

Woryn nods, "Good we can finally get down to details. The Empire is offering a reward for this Sym Alvira,  a Kian'thar, a species from the water world of Shaum Hii, down the Celanon Spur from her. We have no idea what he knows, or why the Empire wants him dead.  But the kian'thar are natural empaths, it'd in there very nature to.." ahem  ".. learn things that others do not want known. Senator Verbenti here, is among a collection of Outer Rim senators that caught wind of this new bounty from the Empire."

"It isn't the amount of the bounty that caught there attention, but rather the width it was broadcast.The amount, 1,500 credits is barely enough to buy a new blaster, hardly worth it. But bounties are usually just sent to a few select bounty hunters at a time. This one was broadcast to every major spaceport in this quadrant of the galaxy, both the mid-rim and outer rim."

"The Empire basically wants any citizen with a blaster taking pot shots at this man. So has plastered his image in every spaceport that has Holonet broadcasts, for about the last week."

"The good Senators have sought us out, because they think at the very least this kian'thar can find safe shelter with a bunch of rogues the Emperor wants eliminated just as bad as he. Maybe even he will have some intel we can put to use." 

"We of course, have no idea where he is. Just where he 'was', when the first broadcasts went out. He quickly went to ground somewhere, whether he even stayed on the same planet is unknown."

"We are willing to offer 4,000 credits to you, if you can bring him safely to us, alive and well. Hopefully, but not necessarily willingly. And to keep you honest that reward is more than double what the Empire will pay for him dead.   There will be other hunters looking for that reward of course, which might complicate things for you. Before I tell you where he was last seen, I need to know if you accept?"
Korstyn listens impassively.  So the target was an empath.  That made sense, actually.  Lots of people in the galaxy wanted their thoughts and feelings hidden, the Empire more than most.  Their solution was...crude, yet effective.  Just like the Empire.  Taking this contract would mean that she would have to be constantly on-alert, expecting attacks from potentially everyone and everywhere, because who didn't want a new blaster?  The other hunters would be there.  That much was obvious and easy to predict.  They would be hiding amongst the population, but there would likely not be anyone particularly strong.  What Hunter worth their armor would waste their time for 1500 credits?  So just the dregs of the job and they'd be desperate too.  This was shaping up to be a bit of a suicide mission.  Korstyn smiles behind her mask.  Good.  That's what I want.

"Anything in particular you know about the target that I should know about?  Past acquaintances with whom he didn't part on amicable terms?  Where he worked?  Known family?"
"Before I can share that information, which honestly is not much, I need to know if you accept our contract, rather than that of the Empire. Your Bounty Hunters creed is somewhat explicit about this, that you cannot take two separate contracts for the same target. Not every bounty hunter follows the creed strictly, but that is the reason we reached out to you. You have a reputation for honourably following the creed.""
Korstyn was about to bristle at his words...but waited long enough to hear the rest.  She then nods.  Okay, he was just being careful.  "On my honor as a Mandalorian, I have accepted this contract."  And that was that.  Not that she particularly felt that she had much honor at this point in her life, but for whatever it was worth, he would accept her word and honor her...or not.
Jendu smiles and is happy he can put this matter behind himself and get back to the senate.  Flying around the universe seeking trouble was better left for people with more experience.  So, knowing the negotiation would soon be over, Jendu drains his glass and puts his gloves back on in anticipation of his imminent departure from the planet.
(01-30-2021, 02:19 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]Zero, Shunna, Dez, Ubi.. anything in the equipment locker that you collectively want to sell here trhe rebels will buy, they can use all of it, weapons, medical supplies even rations. The only thing you cannot sell her is the remaining parts of the droid H&-MK2... unless you want t trade him and the speeder bikes for a starfighter.

H7-MK2 has a value of 12,630cr / 2 = 6,315 cr
Speeder bikes have a used value of  1,200 cr each = 4,800cr

you woul;d have to include some other items to make up the difference.. but it would be doable

a used cloakshape has a value of 15,000 cr

[[It looks like Zero, Shunna and Ubi has picked.  Has Dez chosen anything yet?  Once she has we allow Korstyn to pick out the items she's interested in too. (I believe she's already posted what she wanted)  But after that, unless there's an objection, I guess we sell the rest. ]]
Deb and Korstyn were the first to pick, I will update the lists now that you and Zero have recorded what you took on your sheets.
Already updated on my sheet a long time ago.
(01-30-2021, 01:59 PM)Dez Synn Wrote: [ -> ][OoC Dez alreeady has starship weaponry and pilot, what she needs to get is Use computer]
Dez comes to a realization, that may have been over looked.

"Ubi, Shunna, the shuttle has a class 1.0 hyperdrive?  Ubi, how fast is the Wild Card? How long did it take to get to Generis in the Lambda?"

[OoC Dez is onto something you guys are completely ignoring here.  This is actually very signifigant.]
[OoC: the stats I have for the Wildcard say it has a primary hyperdrive of Class 3. I do not have the concept of wich is better class 1 or 3? So I am not exactly sure of how much faster or slower the Wildcard is to the Lambada shuttle or the other trade craft we might be swapping for]