RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Gemeris Station [Everyone]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While Jorstyn works on Zero, Njon settles down to try and determine what is wrong with the battle mechanic droid.

After about a half hour of carefully getting the droid  disassembled, which turns out to be easier than expected due to the droid's collapsible construction, he finds the issue.

Understood only by Zero:
"His processor is shot, he still has power, but he has no personality or memories. It's all gone.  He needs a new processor. I suppose that that means he may no longer be a a 'he'.  It depends on the gender of the new processor. I don't suppose we have any spare heuristic pro.."

He trails off, looking at the head and shoulders of Ubi's old battle droid that the other droid, Long, had turned into a beacon.

Again, understood only by Zero:
"Do you think.. we could use the battle droids processor?"

Current stats of H7-MK2
H7-MK2

H-1ME Battle Mechanic Droid, modified

Small 2nd-Degree Droid 

Initiative: +3; Senses: Perception +0

Languages: Basic, Binary, 3 Unassigned

Defense
Reflex Defense: 13 (Flat-Footed: 10), Fortitude Defense: 11, Will Defense: 11; Extra Legs

Hit Points: 12, Damage Threshold: 11

Immune: Droid Traits

Speed: 4 Squares (Walking); Magnetic Feet

Melee: -

Ranged: -

Base Attack Bonus: -; Grapple: -

Special Actions: Collapsible Construction, Preventative Maintenance

Base Stats
Abilities: Strength 8, Dexterity 16, Constitution -, Intelligence -, Wisdom -, Charisma -

Talents:-

Feats: -

Skills:-

Droid Systems: 2nd degree small chassis
Walking Locomotion, 320
Extra Legs,  +320
Magnetic Feet, +640
Heuristic Processor, +2000
5 Tool Mounts +100 cr
1 stabilized tool mount +100 cr 
2 hands +200 cr
Collapsible Construction +4000
Communications Countermeasures +1000 
Internal Comm link +250
Vocabulator +50
Improved Sensor Package 200
Darkvision 150
Sensor booster 200
Locked access 50
Scomp link 100
Microi shield 1200cr
Blaster Rifle (tool mount) (1,000 cr)

Possessions: Tool Kit

Availability: Restricted; Cost: 13,630 credits - damaged heuristic processor = 12630
Just as Korstyn is finishing up repairs on Zero, you see Woryn approaching with several people walking beside him.

A yellow skinned Zabrak male, a young blonde human male, and a green skinned black haired near-human woman, who you realize is a Mirialen by her geometric facial tattoos.

"May I introduce you to Narrukh Mor'ra, captain of the Rimward Bounty;" he gestures at the Zabrak, "Senator Jendu Verbenti;" he gestures at the young attractive human, "and D'ha Oetik, Captain of the Wrathful Bulwark." he gestures at the Mirialen woman.

"It seems that both Captains are quite interested in a trade, not so much because it would be a trade up, because it wouldn't, but because of what this craft will enable them to do. They'd like to inspect your vessel, if that is alright. In turn they obviously think it fair that you inspect theirs."

"Senator Verbenti here is actually the one asking us to try and rescue an informant, which is what we were negotiating."  he addresses Korstyn.  Korstyn has a flash of recollection, he may not recognize him in her beskar'gam, but she knows this man. They had spent time in a prison together on a mission to rescue an apparent jedi knight, before she discovered her own Force powers. Before she had earned her beskar'gam. 

"I hope you don't mind, but he was just curious about you all."
(01-10-2021, 07:36 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: [ -> ]“I suppose I could talk, but I prefer to do.   Where’d you get this, by the way?  Looks like someone threw you in a trash compactor and pulled you out just before the big crush.”  She shakes her head briefly as she works.  She hasn’t really been trying to be impolite.  That’s just how she was.

"The majority of my damage resulted from the Astromech..." One of Zero's claws points in the direct of the pile of scrap in the corner. "Executing an 'Omega Protocol' which caused him to detonate.  I avoided the brunt of the explosion but was still damaged in the process.  At the time, the Astromech and I were in a SCOMP battle to take over the Imperial Shuttle.  Despite being a medical droid, I managed to one by one counter the Astromech's commands.  It finally became spiteful and detonated itself when Shunna threatened to shoot it."

(01-11-2021, 12:57 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]While Jorstyn works on Zero, Njon settles down to try and determine what is wrong with the battle mechanic droid.

After about a half hour of carefully getting the droid  disassembled, which turns out to be easier than expected due to the droid's collapsible construction, he finds the issue.

Understood only by Zero:
"His processor is shot, he still has power, but he has no personality or memories. It's all gone.  He needs a new processor. I suppose that that means he may no longer be a a 'he'.  It depends on the gender of the new processor. I don't suppose we have any spare heuristic pro.."

He trails off, looking at the head and shoulders of Ubi's old battle droid that the other droid, Long, had turned into a beacon.

Current stats of H7-MK2
H7-MK2

Small 2nd-Degree Droid 

Defense
Reflex Defense: 13 (Flat-Footed: 10), Fortitude Defense: 11, Will Defense: 11; Extra Legs

Base Stats
Abilities: Strength 8, Dexterity 16, Constitution -, Intelligence -, Wisdom -, Charisma -

Walking Locomotion, 320
Extra Legs,  +320
Magnetic Feet, +640
5 Tool Mounts +100 cr
2 hands +200 cr
Internal Comm link +250
Vocabulator +50
Darkvision 150
Sensor booster 200
Locked access 50
Scomp link 100
Microi shield 1200cr

Availability: Restricted; Cost: 13,630 credits - damaged heuristic processor = 12630

[OOC: I'm a little confused.  You started out asking what to do with the battle mechanic droid because it's processor was shot.  Then you asked if we could use the battle droid's processor.  I only knew of the battle droid that Long messed with and the Astromech.  Where did the other battle droid come from?

Also, you ask these questions like I should know the answers.  I can't read your mind, so you will have to tell me if it's possible. ]
(01-11-2021, 04:57 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]Just as Korstyn is finishing up repairs on Zero, you see Woryn approaching with several people walking beside him.

A yellow skinned Zabrak male, a young blonde human male, and a green skinned black haired near-human woman, who you realize is a Mirialen by her geometric facial tattoos.

"May I introduce you to Narrukh Mor'ra, captain of the Rimward Bounty;" he gestures at the Zabrak, "Senator Jendu Verbenti;" he gestures at the young attractive human, "and D'ha Oetik, Captain of the Wrathful Bulwark." he gestures at the Mirialen woman.

"It seems that both Captains are quite interested in a trade, not so much because it would be a trade up, because it wouldn't, but because of what this craft will enable them to do. They'd like to inspect your vessel, if that is alright. In turn they obviously think it fair that you inspect theirs."

"Senator Verbenti here is actually the one asking us to try and rescue an informant, which is what we were negotiating."  he addresses Korstyn.  Korstyn has a flash of recollection, he may not recognize him in her beskar'gam, but she knows this man. They had spent time in a prison together on a mission to rescue an apparent jedi knight, before she discovered her own Force powers. Before she had earned her beskar'gam. 

The young-ish human male removes the hood of his cloak.  He's around 6' tall, has a trim but athletic build, blond hair, dark blue eyes and light tan skin.  When he steps toward you, he removes his gloves, then offers his hand and says in a pleasant, deep voice, "Good day.  I'm Senator Jendu Verbenti.  But please, just call me Jendu.  I was briefly apprised of your escape from the Rock.  I've always been fond of rousing heroic tales and wanted to meet the people who managed to break out of that pit of misery.  Nice job to all of you!  I also have a bit of experience with escaping from prison.   Though I had a lot of help from some companions who were incarcerated with me."  Korstyn would probably notice that Jendu's behavior and mannerisms seem much more polished since the last time she saw him.  It has to been at least a couple of years since they escaped the prison with the Jedi Knight and everyone got split up.
(01-11-2021, 05:18 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [ -> ]"The majority of my damage resulted from the Astromech..." One of Zero's claws points in the direct of the pile of scrap in the corner. "Executing an 'Omega Protocol' which caused him to detonate.  I avoided the brunt of the explosion but was still damaged in the process.  At the time, the Astromech and I were in a SCOMP battle to take over the Imperial Shuttle.  Despite being a medical droid, I managed to one by one counter the Astromech's commands.  It finally became spiteful and detonated itself when Shunna threatened to shoot it."

"So you're a medical droid.  That's handy.  I can't imagine going into combat without one nearby, since I always get to take the brunt of the incoming.  But how'd you manage to beat an astromech droid for control of a starship?  I thought that they were designed to link with ships."

(01-11-2021, 06:02 PM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2021, 04:57 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]Just as Korstyn is finishing up repairs on Zero, you see Woryn approaching with several people walking beside him.

The young-ish human male removes the hood of his cloak.  He's around 6' tall, has a trim but athletic build, blond hair, dark blue eyes and light tan skin.  When he steps toward you, he removes his gloves, then offers his hand and says in a pleasant, deep voice, "Good day.  I'm Senator Jendu Verbenti.  But please, just call me Jendu.  I was briefly apprised of your escape from the Rock.  I've always been fond of rousing heroic tales and wanted to meet the people who managed to break out of that pit of misery.  Nice job to all of you!  I also have a bit of experience with escaping from prison.   Though I had a lot of help from some companions who were incarcerated with me."  Korstyn would probably notice that Jendu's behavior and mannerisms seem much more polished since the last time she saw him.  It has to been at least a couple of years since they escaped the prison with the Jedi Knight and everyone got split up.

Korstyn was almost finished with the medical interrogation droid when she spies the three new figures...one of whom is very familiar.  An eyebrow raises as she looks him over, face hidden by the mask.  It distracts her from her current task, but she doesn't seem to lose any proficiency.

Huh...well well well.  You do clean up nicely, don't you pretty boy?  And a Senator, too.  Well, you're still a Jetisse!

With that, she returns to fixing Zero.

"A Zabrak, a Human, and a Mirialan walk into a bar.  A Chadra-Fan comes up short."  Dry humor at its finest.
(01-11-2021, 05:18 PM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2021, 07:36 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: [ -> ]“I suppose I could talk, but I prefer to do.   Where’d you get this, by the way?  Looks like someone threw you in a trash compactor and pulled you out just before the big crush.”  She shakes her head briefly as she works.  She hasn’t really been trying to be impolite.  That’s just how she was.

"The majority of my damage resulted from the Astromech..." One of Zero's claws points in the direct of the pile of scrap in the corner. "Executing an 'Omega Protocol' which caused him to detonate.  I avoided the brunt of the explosion but was still damaged in the process.  At the time, the Astromech and I were in a SCOMP battle to take over the Imperial Shuttle.  Despite being a medical droid, I managed to one by one counter the Astromech's commands.  It finally became spiteful and detonated itself when Shunna threatened to shoot it."

(01-11-2021, 12:57 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]While Jorstyn works on Zero, Njon settles down to try and determine what is wrong with the battle mechanic droid.

Understood only by Zero:

Current stats of H7-MK2
H7-MK2

Small 2nd-Degree Droid 

Defense

Base Stats

Walking Locomotion, 320
Extra Legs,  +320
Magnetic Feet, +640
5 Tool Mounts +100 cr
2 hands +200 cr
Internal Comm link +250
Vocabulator +50
Darkvision 150
Sensor booster 200
Locked access 50
Scomp link 100
Microi shield 1200cr

[OOC: I'm a little confused.  You started out asking what to do with the battle mechanic droid because it's processor was shot.  Then you asked if we could use the battle droid's processor.  I only knew of the battle droid that Long messed with and the Astromech.  Where did the other battle droid come from?

Also, you ask these questions like I should know the answers.  I can't read your mind, so you will have to tell me if it's possible. ]

The astromech exploded, there is nothing left, but you are forgetting H7-mk2, the former pc that went AWOL. Rather than just have him vanish, he is now loot.   Njon us proposing sticking the battle droids brain in his body.  Njon is not just talking to Zero, but only Zero can understand /translate for him
(01-11-2021, 11:31 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]The astromech exploded, there is nothing left, but you are forgetting H7-mk2, the former pc that went AWOL. Rather than just have him vanish, he is now loot.   Njon us proposing sticking the battle droids brain in his body.  Njon is not just talking to Zero, but only Zero can understand /translate for him

[[There's no way to do the reverse? Wink]]
The group found the battle droids head floating in Space. Turned into a beacon using it's comm link. Ubi was present when the battle droid was destroyed, by Njon and friends. The droid long salvaged the head and processor to use to build a new droid out of the scrap droid parts on Ubi's ship
[OOC: I haven't forgotten him.  I just wasn't aware he had suddenly become loot nor was I aware of his processor being damaged. 

Zero is eyeing a few items like Microi shield 1200cr, Blaster Rifle (tool mount) (1,000 cr) and maybe a couple other things.  Zero could also just buy replicas if the party plans to keep it. If he had not hid his character sheet I could have learned from his design as he had played droids before in other games.]
Korstyn will (eventually) grab:
1x Aquata Breather
1x Vacuum Mask (it can be affixed to the inside of her helm)
2x Frag Grenade
2x Stun grenade
4x Energy Cell
1x Security Kit
1x Syntherope
1x Fusion Lantern
1x Halo Lamp
15x Ration Pack

[[She already has an E11 and a multitool.]]