RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Droskar's Crucible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the group recovered, licking their physical and spiritual wounds, Oriana moved to each of them and summoned the ocean's soothing balm to ease their pain. This seemed to help on the burns in particular, cooling the heat that remained on their skin.

She did this as they moved back up to the surface, the young woman was surprised when she felt the sun on her skin once more, she had missed it, even being in the dark for a short time, but it was a stressful time fighting for their lives. She took a minute to bask in the warm afternoon rays as the group took stock of what they had all experienced.

Ocean's Balm

Kallista 13 HP
Larz 13 HP
Breezy 3 HP
Toryn 10 HP
Oriana 2 HP
Dunndero 11 HP
Lucian 10 HP
Dunderro thinks hard on Larz's lessons and at the end of the teachings smiles brightly at Larz and says, " I would proudly serve such a God as Trudd, and would be honored to follow your spiritual advise of you and your God Trudd. I thank you for your patience in teaching one so ignorant as me!". During the night he has dreams of following Trudd and earning fame as a good warrior, but just before he wales he has a nightmare about turning into a ghoul and trying yo feast on his friends, and wakes up sweeting like a fever has broken but feeling refreshed and healthy. During his watch he contemplates Larz's teachings more and will join Larz for morning prayers before doing his morning stretches and exercises.

Ghoul fever recovery check: DC Flat Check =[1d20]=3 +2 (Larz)= 5 (Failed!, Spend Hero Point to Reroll), DC Flat Check =[1d20]=16 +2 (Larz) = 18 (Sucess! and Cured)
Larz wakes in the morning to the normal commotion of the party getting ready for the day, he is very pleased indeed when Dudero greets him and joins him for his morning prayers. When they are done praying Larz Turns to Dundero saying. I'll help you grow spiritually, but it's going to cost you my big friend. Now that our praying is done, I think it's time for us to stretch and you to teach me some of those combat moves I've seen you using. So do we have a deal you help me with the physical work outs and I help you with the spiritual.
Following a similar morning regime, Kallista awoke and spent several minutes in prayer before readying herself to the trek below. With a simple thought, the shimmering armor returned, no worse for the events that took place the day before. Strapping her katana across her back and her long sword on her right hip, she drew the weapon which seemed to pulse with a life of it's own. Israfil, the name she had bestowed upon the weapon nearly glowed in the paladin's armored grip. After that, she removed the ornate short sword, the wakizashi, from her pack and handed it over to Toryn, here you go Oogletits, I've noticed you drooling when you look at it and it's more an ornament on me than a useful weapon. You can have it my friend. 
The party had trudged back through the halls and upstairs into the armory where Edgrin and Barlus sat waiting. The two saw the group coming in. clothing burtns. soot marking armor and weapons. Some burnt flesh, some pink new flesh from the healing. Their eyes said tied to the bone. Yet there was determination and grit in those gazes. Edgrin set about playing and entertaining to liven spirits and Barlus went out to hunt and brought back three rabbits which he had dressed and starting cooking them with some wild potatoes he found and some berrys as well. The party ate, rested prayed , talked, trained , repaired armor and sharpened blades.

The night passed uneventfully and the group awoke stiff and sore, but fully healed and feeling ready to reenter the labyrinth below.

((Make sure you give me new summaries with your new stats)).

((Have Dunndero, Larz and Oriana))

Brilliant Breeze AC:20 HP:41/41 Saves: FO:+9 RE:+7 WL:+11 Perception:+11 CDC:18 SDC:18
3nd Druid (Untamed) Male Leshy  (Leaf) Resistances: n/a Immunities: Fall Damage
Archtype/Dedication: Rogue Hero Points: 1 Reactions: Shield Block

Dunndero AC:21 HP: 44/44 Saves: FO:+9 RE:+9 WL:+7 Perception:+7 +2 Initiative CDC:19 SDC: n/a
3rd Fighter Male Half-Orc Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Wrestler Dedication Hero points: 1 Reactions: Reactive Strike, Shield Block, Bravery

Kallista AC:21 HP:47/47 Saves: FO:+9 RE:+6 WL:+8 Perception:+6 CDC:19 SDC: 16
3rd Champion Female Human Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Soulforger Hero Points:1 Reactions: Shield Block, Retributive Strike

Larz  AC:18 HP:40/40 Saves: FO:+9 RE:+6 WL:+10 Perception:+8 CDC:18 SDC:18
3rd Cleric Male Dwarf  Resistances: fire-5 Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Medic Hero Points: 2  Reactions: Shield Block

Lucien AC:17 HP:26/26 Saves: FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+9 Perception:+7 CDC:19 SDC:19
3rd Wizard (Battle Wizard) Male Human Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archetype/Dedication: Psychic Hero (Infinite Eye) Hero Points: 1: Reactions: none

Oriana AC:18 HP:47/47 Saves: FO:+11 RE:+9 WL:+8 Perception:+6 +2 Initiative CDC:19 SDC:19
3rd Kineticist {Dual Gate} Female Human Resistances: B/S weapon damage 3 Acid/Fire 6 Electricity 1 Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Dragon Disciple Hero Points: 3 Reactions: Deflecting Wave

Toryn AC:19 (20 vs Traps) HP: 38/38 Saves: FO:+7 RE:+11 WL:+7 (+1 vs Traps) Perception:+7 (+1 vs Traps) CDC:19 SDC:17
3rd Rogue (Thief) Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Bard (Enigma Muse) Hero Points: 3 Reactions: n/a

He also has Trap Finder now, which gives him +1 Perception and +1 AC/Saves vs traps
Toryn had spent the morning meticulously cleaning and maintaining his equipment (and anyone else's who needed some work done), including the wakizashi that Kallista had so generously donated to him. It was a fascinating work of craftsmanship from an exotic country far off to the east, which Toryn hoped he could one day travel to see. 

A small family of rats had gathered near camp, curious about the large bipedal creatures stomping about, and Toryn had a pleasant little chat with them as he worked. Apparently they did not care much for their former warg neighbor and were quite happy to hear that the vicious brute and his canine minions had been ousted. Once everyone was prepared to set out again, the gnome offered up some scraps and leftover berries to his fuzzy acquaintances and bid them a nice day before packing up and enthusiastically awaiting the dive back into the ruins.
Having eaten a bit of breakfast, she finished packing up her supplies and tied the strip of cloth around the remains of her once long blonde hair mumbling, when I get back to town I'm going to buy a hat. With that, she was ready to return below.
Dunndero offers to take the lead down the elevator and down the shaft, and remembers that they have yet to search the forge masters lair.
Larz finish the morning work out with the fighter and all though he would never admit it, Dundero had put him through the hardest work out routine he had ever done. And he made it look easy, by the time they had finished Larz was panting and gasping like a green recruit the first day of training. The cleric excused himself to prepare for the day and after cleaning and tending to his armor the young dwarf set out with the rest back down stairs.

the group gathered in the room with the broken obsidian statue, Larz walks up to Kalista, Leftenant looks like it's time to get back at it, we still have a prisoner on the level below, He waits for Kalista signal. Then Larz becomes all business, Alright Ya'll heard the Leftenant same order of march as before. Dundero you lead in on the right I got your six, Toryn your with Lady Kalista on the left. Capin, you Oriana and Breezy bring up the rear lets give em hell. Larz then advances into the room ahead with the light in it. 
Lucian was up early working new spells into his mind for the day. He had expanded his knowledge after the fight and finally after getting with what equated to a fire blast, he understood some of the more intricate spells his commanders had imparted upon him.  He sipped his coffee and as soon as everyone looked ready to start again, he was ready.  Larz reminded everyone of the marching order, which was a good idea considering they all had their bells rang pretty good the day before. "Sounds good my friend." He glanced at the others and fell in formation, "Lets all get back to it."