RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Droskar's Crucible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Larz leaves the Parly to the Capin and the scout, When he heard Oriana speaking Draconic and more then that felt her presence in the room the young cleric couldn't help but reclassify this party member. she had always worked like himself of Dundero just another soldier. But now she spoke with the presence of leadership. The young Battle Medic filed a thought away (talk with Oriana) 

As the party files into the room >arz see's a large dark cave opening on the right side of the room. As he steps up turning to face the cave, Leftenant Kalista, Dundero heads on a swivel there's an open entry point over here on the right wall, Breezy has the rear , I'vegot this flank. The dwarf slowly takes one step forward and peers into the cave with dark vision. Lars steps in to the cave opening with his hammer in his Left hand and shield up on his right. 

Larz looking into cave
"This wizard is my prey. Any who stand in my path to him do so at their own risk."

Oriana stated her intentions to all in the room, her meaning quite clear.

"Lucian will continue this... negotiation." her voice dripping with condescension on the word, "Do not disappoint."
Lucian politely turned a sympathetic smile to the Kobolds and spoke to their leader again, though he had to suppress a chuckle at the reaction Oriana had inspired in the little creature. "She's very passionate about finding this fellow."  
He paused only a moment before continuing. "So, to insure we don't have any unfortunate misunderstandings that might lead to any further violence, what else can you tell us about what awaits for us below? Any information you have could be useful and may provide us with plenty of incentive to ignore your part in our previous altercations which would allow us, to allow you, to walk right out of here."

Diplomacy Check: 1d20+5 = 23
Toryn watched Orianna with a mixture of fear and awe. She's as scary as you are when your're mad! he whispered to Kallista. Human women are formidable!
Larz turned to look into the cave mouth. The air was thick with steam and ash. There something volcanic down this tunnel. The dwarf knew of tunnels that lead to underground fissures or geysers. He could feel a malevolent presence in the mist, he was sure of it...but he couldnt make out anything because of the caustic air.

Lucian finished his calmer appeal for information and The Kobold was hard put to take his eyes off Oriana, but he did after a few seconds. He cleared his throat. The King took about 20 of the Warriors and several of his more capable and trusted Assistants below with him to chase down Drazmorg. Yesterday The 20 returned Saying The King told them to return to protect the tribe...while he went deeper. We think hes gone deeper than Drazmorg by whats been said. They speak of a lot of Undead haunting the lower levels. They speak of horrible nightmares like something horrible has been released. The King is obsessed with empowering his Crown and doesnt care about what I feel is a fissure from the dark plane. Black Necro energy infusing all around us. I can see it. Ive been trying to convince Jekkajak, the Sorceror who is in charge while the King is absent, to flee the warrens and go out to find us a place in the hills to wait out whatever is coming. But he says no. He believes he can become number one in the Kings eyes and get closer to being second to none but the King...He has his own agenda. So besides the King and about 5 others the remainder of clan Truescale is below.
Standing in the opening to the cave Larz, first smells the air the strong stench of sulfur fills the clerics nostrils, as he breathes the thick hot air coming from the caves entrance He pauses thinking back. He had seen no volcanoes in the area above ground before entering the abandon crucible, so Larz really doubted that a volcanic fissure was the cause, Then he felt the Monovalent presentence coming from deeper in the cave, that could only mean one thing Hell Spawn Creatures were about. He wasn't sure what he was dealing with but he knew it wouldn't be anything good. Turning his head Larz calls out over his shoulder. Lady Kalista I need you over here now !
Glancing over at the dwarf, she walked over. What is it Larz? 
Yes Leftenant, I fear there maybe evil other planer's present , just do me a favor and humor me for a minute. Feel the heat in the air, do you smell the sulfur, I've lived under the earth most my life and if we were lower I would think possibly a lava flow. Kalista we are only about 20 feet under ground, the only volcano is much deeper into the mountains. I can also feel a monovalent presence. I was hoping perhaps you have a means of detecting demonic creatures. With his thoughts voiced the young dwarf stands to the side and lets the Paladin have the area.
Stepping up to the mouth of the cave the young paladin peered into the depths, trying to discern anything in the gloom, even as she allowed her other senses to try and pierce the darkness seeking this presence the dwarf was so sure about.
Kalista could feel the presence. It was definitely fiendish in nature. She could feel the pressure on her much like a headache. Somwhere close back was a decidely evil presence.