RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Into Barovia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
[OoC deliberately notrolling for Sumayl... he's not from the right culture to know of eastern european vampires, unless the DM wants to give him a steep penalty.. ask him about ghul lords though Wink ]
When Eloric sees the Vampire bites he must make a fear check as something from his past begins to claw itself from his repressed mind.  

[Roll a D20 and you're aiming for at least 14+.  There might be additional modifiers.]

Rhodric is able to identify the likely source of the bite as a Vampire but he doesn't know what kind of Vampire.  It could be a spawn or the Master.
"Excuse me Lady and Sir! I don't mean to alarm, but I think those bite marks on the good ladies neck are the product of a vampire bite of sort!", exclaims Rhodric.
Eloric feels himself tense up at the sight of the woman's wound or bite. 

Horror Save: 1d20 = 19
[OoC: Sorry for the delay.  Real life is distracting me. ]

Eloric spots the puncture marks and he has a feeling like deja vu but without the memory that triggered it.  An intense dream whose details are just out of reach but the hollow pit that was opening up in his gut fills him with dread at the sight of the wound. 

When Rhodric tells Ireena and Ismark what his suspicion was about the bite marks they just look at one another and back to Rhodric then Ismark asks,  "Aren't Vampires just superstition?  And how could Ireena have been bitten?  Don't Vampires need to be invited into your home?   No one has been invited into our father's home so how would they get it?" 
"Whatever the creatures that have caused this, you have my word, I will do mty utmost to find and stop them."

He looks at the others

"I suggest we best figure out how to defend this house until morning."
Rhodric begins checking the doors and windows, to see how secure they are, and looking for ways to increase their seal from the outside.
Ie.) Barring doors and windows, and sealing gaps with whatever he can get his hands on.
Ireena asks, "Wouldn't it be safer to take move the body to the church tonight?  If it is a vampire I'd imagine the church would be the safest place to be."

Quote:Repeating House Description: The interior of the house is well furnished, although the fixtures show sign of considerable wear. Obvious oddities are the boarded-up windows and the overuse of holy symbols in every room. The Burgomaster is in a side drawing room on the floor - lying in a simple wooden coffin surrounded by wilting flowers and a faint odor of decay.

Rhodric looks around at the boarded-up windows and finds that they likely won't stand up long when under attack.  It appears Ismark and Ireena has already used most of the wood in their home to fortify the house.  Mostly all the loose wood that's left after the repeated attacks are the broken bits the attackers smashed through.  The smaller pieces have already been used to feed the fire.  You might be able to find a little more wood elsewhere in the house but at this point it would be a scavengers hunt.
Does Rhodric know to stake a vampire through the heart?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36