RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Into Barovia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Sumayl struggles not to throw up from the smell, his face going ashen. 

"Why have you not buried that body?"
(06-05-2021, 12:39 AM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: [ -> ]Sumayl struggles not to throw up from the smell, his face going ashen. 

"Why have you not buried that body?"

In the brighter light of the multiple candles you see that even though the young woman is still striking, she's also pale and has a sickly pallor.  Everyone also notices she's wearing a white bandage around her neck.

Just imagine her paler and more sickly looking, with a white bandage around her neck.

[Image: 7oT80JB.jpg]  

"Because no one from the village has been brave enough to help Ismark take my father, Kolyan Indirovich, to the cemetery for proper burial," she replies.  "I would but I do not have the endurance I once had to help my brother transport my father's body across town."  

Once everyone is inside, she locks the door and Ismark assists her with lifting the thick wooden planks to secure the door even further.   

Ismark says, "Ireena, you should let me..."

"Ismark," she interrupts quietly.  "Thank you for your concern but I'm not an invalid."  She then turns and smiles at the group.  With a soft voice she asks, "Do any of you want some tea, to help stave off the chill?  You can put your cloaks by the fire to dry and warm them up."  
"Tomorrow in the light of day we will see to his proper burial. Or rather I will if no one else wishes to assist."

"Tea would be welcome. the tavern had nothing but wine." Sumayl's distaste for alcohol is evident.
Reion nodded to the knight, "More hands make less work." 
Eloric still rubbing his aching temples. "I will absolutely help you if the stench doesn't finish me off before daybreak."
Rhodric scratches his bearded chin a moment, and says,
Rhodric scratches his bearded chin for a few minutes, and says, "we should probably set a watch tonight, mam can I ask how you were injured, and how seriously? Should we be concerned?"
"My manners," Ismark chides himself.  "As you've probably already guessed, this is my sister, Ireena Kolyana."  He then turns to look directly at his sister and says, "And I will go fetch the tea while you sit and relax."  

Ireena smiles weakly and replies, "Fine.  But make the tea how I taught you.  We don't want our guests coming down with dysentery."

"Very funny," Ismark replies.  "I see you have your humor."

Ireena gives him a weak smile that quickly fades after he excuses himself to fetch the tea.

Ireena carefully takes a seat in an arm chair.  Its upholstery has several claw marks across the arms and back with stuffing hanging out of the wounds.  "I apologize for the smell," she says in response to Eloric while her beautiful eye become shiny with tears and she bites her bottom lip to keep it from quivering.  "He deserves better.  He was a good man.  His heart just couldn't take the attacks night after night.  I feel terrible for not burying him but everyone is so afraid.  Afraid of Strahd, the creatures of the night, this house - thinking it's cursed, and even of me.  I don't even know why Strahd is so fascinated with me.  And my memory is fuzzy.  I try as hard as I can but I can not for the life of me recall my encounters with Strahd.  But I do recall the blazing hunger in his eyes.  I don't know why the attacks have stopped.  Maybe he knows this house will likely not stand up to another attack.  So the devil waits.  Wishing to squeeze every drop of hope out of us until we pray for a merciful death which we know will never come."  
"Why do the villagers stay, if their lord is so despised?  They could leave his village behind and leave him lord of nothing."

"We wanted to speak with you before we declare ourr intent to aid you or notr. Is it to be understood that Strahd's advances are undesired? Ifd so, I will pledge my support in defending you."
(06-08-2021, 05:20 PM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: [ -> ]"Why do the villagers stay, if their lord is so despised?  They could leave his village behind and leave him lord of nothing."

"We wanted to speak with you before we declare ourr intent to aid you or notr. Is it to be understood that Strahd's advances are undesired? Ifd so, I will pledge my support in defending you."

"Have you tried to leave?" she asks Sumayl.  "If you have, you would know it's easier said than done.  It seems like the land knows your purpose.  If anyone does work up the courage to attempt an escape they are usually turned back by wolves and others are never seen from again.  Even the Savalich woods seem to work against you.  People say it's almost like the closer you get to the border the more difficult the woods are to travel.  And then there's the fog.  There's something about it that chokes the air out of your lungs.  There are a few who are allowed to come and go like the Vistani.  I've heard they will some times ferry you across the border but at a high price.  If you're from one of the nearby settlements then you might be allowed to come and go as long as you keep your head down and mind your business.  Though most know not to stay the night."

When asked to confirm that Strahd's advances are undesired, Ireena replies softly, "Would anyone desire to live this way?  To simply exist, waiting for fate to decide what terrible way it will end you? We are desperate to be free but almost everyone is weighed down by such despair and hopelessness, they've lost any hope of resisting.  Even the very walls of our home are about to fail us.  Despite all this, I must tell you that my will has not been broken.  I have a good arm and if you'll help us, I will fight at your side." 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36