RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Into Barovia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Sumayl has barely touched his wine, so has no need to refill hios glass. His piety forbids  intoxication, he will have to perform a penance just for having some alcohol, but Hajama will understand that with no fresh water or kaf on offer it was from lack of choice. But understanding a sip or two, and waving a blind eye to getting drunk are leagues apart.

"I am Sumayl al-Akhir, servant of Brave Hajama.""
"I am Rhodric the Bounty Hunter.", Rhodric introduces himself to the gentleman.
Reion sticks his hand out to greet the man, "Reion Hallowbrook from Vallaki."
The mage raised his wine, "Eloric. Also … mostly from Vallaki. Charmed." Then he drained his wine cup and refilled it with an unsteady hand.
"I'm, Alynorae Eilnathna.  The three of us aren't from around here.  A man entered the tavern we were in and gave us a letter from the Burgomaster that asked us to come to Barovia to help a woman named.   She has apparently been inflicted by some great evil."
(03-16-2021, 12:05 AM)Alynorae Eilnathna Wrote: [ -> ]"I'm, Alynorae Eilnathna.  The three of us aren't from around here.  A man entered the tavern we were in and gave us a letter from the Burgomaster that asked us to come to Barovia to help a woman named.   She has apparently been inflicted by some great evil."

Ismark's brows furrow.  "The Burgomaster did send a letter but he was not asking for help.  It was a warning.  Do you still have this letter?  May I look at it?"

[OoC: Who has the letter?  I know Rhodric was given one.  I'm just not sure who has the letter between Sumayl and Aly.]
Rhodric searches through his pack and produces a folded letter and slides his copy across the table and says,"Here is my copy!"
[OoC we never decided, I think it was onbe of the other players. Sumayl would have let Aly carry it]
[Image: 82rwGVvm.png]

[The letter may be a little difficult to read so I've posted a reminder of what it said in the spoiler.]
Quote:Hail to thee of might and valor:
I, a lowly servant of the township of Barovia, send honor to
thee. We plead for thy so desperately needed assistance within
our community.
The love of my life, Ireena Kolyana, has been afflicted by an
evil so deadly that even the good people of our town cannot
protect her. She languishes from her wound and I would have
her saved from this menace.
There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that
might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shall but answer my
desperate plea.
Come quickly for her time is at hand! All that I have shall be
thine!
Kolyan Indrirovich,
Burgomaster

Ismark accepts the letter.  From the moment he begins reading the first few lines he shakes his head slightly and states, "As I said, the Burgomaster did send a letter of warning but this is certainly not written by the Burgomaster.  I know his handwriting anywhere and this looks nothing like his penmanship."
(03-30-2021, 04:18 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 82rwGVvm.png]

[The letter may be a little difficult to read so I've posted a reminder of what it said in the spoiler.]
Quote:Hail to thee of might and valor:
I, a lowly servant of the township of Barovia, send honor to
thee. We plead for thy so desperately needed assistance within
our community.
The love of my life, Ireena Kolyana, has been afflicted by an
evil so deadly that even the good people of our town cannot
protect her. She languishes from her wound and I would have
her saved from this menace.
There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that
might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shall but answer my
desperate plea.
Come quickly for her time is at hand! All that I have shall be
thine!
Kolyan Indrirovich,
Burgomaster

Ismark accepts the letter.  From the moment he begins reading the first few lines he shakes his head slightly and states, "As I said, the Burgomaster did send a letter of warning but this is certainly not written by the Burgomaster.  I know his handwriting anywhere and this looks nothing like his penmanship."

"So it would seem we have been lured here falsely. By someone using the Burgomasters name.  Still our best course of action then is to seek out the Burgomaster to see if he knows more."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36