RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Into Barovia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(01-29-2021, 01:08 AM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: [ -> ]Sumayl casts a  baleful glare at Aly, as if to say You have a tongue, you can say it yourself.

He sighs. "Might I ask your name, so that we can tell your daughter you are looking for her when we find her?"

[OoC Aly has a much higher Charisma than Sumayl.]

"M... Mary," she replies quietly.  "Please find her.  Please...  I beg of you.  I... I'll do anything to g... get her back!"
Aly reaches into her pack and produces a couple of rations and a waterskin.  She hands them to Sumaly to give to the woman so they know she has at least something to eat or drink for a couple of days.

"Unless you have something further to ask, we should let her be, so we can search for her daughter," Aly whispers.
"how long ago did she disappear? If it has not been long we still might be able to find ome trail sign of her that'd leead us to her!", states Rhoderic
Sumayl accepts the rations from Aly, and gently sets them down in front of Mary.  He knows enough from his debate skill to use her name when talking to her to put her at a little more ease.

"Mary, Aly here wants to make sure you take care of yourself and have something to eat. We will do our utmost to find your daughter and bring her safely home to you."
[OoC: OMG I lost my post!!!  Angry  ]

(01-29-2021, 10:26 PM)Rhodric Wrote: [ -> ]"how long ago did she disappear? If it has not been long we still might be able to find ome trail sign of her that'd leead us to her!", states Rhoderic

Mary was only vaguely aware of her surroundings up to this point.  When Rhodric speaks to her [and doesn't say he speaks to her gently/softly] she recoils away from Sumayl and raises the doll up to shield her face.  Using the toy to block out some of the Lantern light shining in her eyes, Mary squints to peer into the shadows behind the Cavalier.  She spots both Rhodric and Aly and with great trepidation she forces herself to say, "A... A... week..." 

Still to startled to respond, she says nothing when the food is offered her.  She's frozen, still clutching the doll in front of her face.
Realizing his error in tone, Rhoderic softens his tone and says, "Sorry mam! I did not mean to alarm, I am a skilled tracker of men and beasts, and surely your daughter has left some sign of her travels that will lead us to her, and we will bring her back to you safe and sound!"
Mary doesn't respond.  She only bows her head again and continues sobbing, the doll's already tear stained body continuing to catch her tears.
Sumayl stands slowly and gestures to the others to withdraw.

Once moved away from the sobbing woman.

"We need to find the other villagers. We can do nothing more for her until we do."
You all move downstairs and outside.  It's still a gloomy and cool day.  You still do not see anyone on the street.

[OoC: Where to now?  You can start knocking on doors or follow the directions Mary gave you to reach the tavern.]

[Image: yQBPEHu.png]
When they step out of Mary's home, Aly turns to face Sumayl and says, "THAT'S why I didn't want to directly speak to her.  She is much too fragile to be confronted by multiple people at this time.  Yes, because I'm a woman and I'm more soft spoken, I might have had a better chance of pulling information from her.  But you were doing fine.  I believe anyone who was willing to help would have been fine.  And, I know we've only known each other for a couple of days but do I strike you as someone who's too timid to speak for herself? If you do, remove that thought from your mind."

"Now where do we go?  Mary mentioned that there was a tavern not too far from here.  Just a little north of the town square."  She points northward.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36