RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Into Barovia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Reion nods, "She has the right of it.  If you don't have deals with the Vistani, you can't pass through the mist to other countries. My family would give them nearly twenty-five percent of our goods for passage, each time."
Eloric waved a dismissing hand when Ireena apologized for the smell. His tone was rough, but he did feel a tiny twinge of guilt for his rudeness. "Eeeh ...it's fine. We'll get him buried for you in the morning." 

When the girl explained her situation with Strahd, Eloric growled under his breath and gave a heavy sigh before sinking further into the arm chair. He added after Reion spoke, "And if she has caught Strahd's fascination to this degree, then the Vistani will not want to incur his wrath any more than the locals do."
Ismark returns with the tea.  He pours Ireena a cup and then will do the same for anyone who accepts.  While he's pouring Ireena says, "We graciously accept your assistance with moving our father in the morning."

Ismark adds, "Yes, of course.  But what of tonight?  The Devil Strahd has not attacked in over a week but he certainly knows of your arrival and if he doesn't know of your offer to assist us, he soon will.  He has eyes and ears everywhere.  It is almost certain he will wish to dissuade you from getting involved in his affairs.  As I said earlier, I doubt these walls will withstand another assault.  I'm surprised our home has lasted as long as it has.  No doubt, the Devil Strahd is merely toying with us.  If only to deepen our misery." 
"If you don't mind," Aly says to Ireena. "When you have a moment I would like to take a look at your neck.  I am a cleric of Corellon Larethian so I have some skill in caring for wounds." 
"Of course," Ireena replies to Alynorae.  "You can look right now if you wish."  Ireena unties the several layers of bandages wrapped around her neck.  At first there is a bit of spotting on the bandage but as each additional layer is revealed you can see more and more blood stained bandages.  The final layer is still wet, even after at least 10 days since the last attack.  

For some reason, the wounds won't stop bleeding," Ireena says while carefully removing the bandage and wincing.  Underneath you can see two bloody puncture marks on the side of her neck.  With the bandages removed, blood begins to slowly ooze to the surface of her pale skin.
"Those are nasty looking bites. Do you recall what the creature that attacked you looked like?"
(06-09-2021, 09:57 PM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: [ -> ]"Those are nasty looking bites. Do you recall what the creature that attacked you looked like?"

"No," Ireena replies.  "My memory is clouded.  I don't remember much about the nights when I, myself have been attacked.  Except... the hunger in those eyes."

"It must have something to do with that Devil, Strahd,"  Ismark adds.  "There have been rumors that he's not even human!  Every 4 to 5 decades he dies but then suddenly a long lost son, who bares an uncanny resemblance to The Devil appears to take over rulership of Barovia.  My father told me its been going on for over 500 years."  

Aly tends to Ireena's wounds but she doesn't have much luck in stopping the bleeding.  She doesn't see any reason why the blood shouldn't be coagulating and she doubts even her cure light wounds spell would have any affect.
Vampire Knowledge: 1d20-2 = 18

Eloric has no earthly idea what caused the bite. Most monsters he encountered, the mage either hid from them or he blasted them into kindling which kind of curbs his ability to study them.  That and the combination of wine and ale have seriously but a damper on his recent wizardly studies.
(06-14-2021, 09:25 PM)Eloric Aetherion Wrote: [ -> ]Vampire Knowledge: 1d20-2 = 18

Eloric has no earthly idea what caused the bite. Most monsters he encountered, the mage either hid from them or he blasted them into kindling which kind of curbs his ability to study them.  That and the combination of wine and ale have seriously but a damper on his recent wizardly studies.

[[OMG!  There was a 15% chance to fail and here we are.   Rolleyes  ]
[OoC: Sorry I have been really I'll as a result of missing dialysis treatments because my access port got ripped out by incompetent healthcare workers, but I thought that since as a Bounty Hunter of criminals and monsters that Rhoderic may have knowledge of Vampires. So here is his goe at it.] Vampire Knowledge = [1d20]=2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36