RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 1-9: Circle of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
"Well I may be dead if I don't see a priest soon." Lugar grumbles. Then Lugar thinks he'd rather not have Torin touch him, after all dwarves were back stabbing bastards. "Hey little guy, I mean, Master Portho I could use a bit o' that magic you have. And here, you should have this. It doesn't like me." He hands over the bladeless hilt to the forest gnome. He could always steal it back later he imaginesSmile
Let's wait for and react on the glowing runes... before I resolve everything else.
(11-30-2016, 07:31 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: [ -> ]If he can do so without entering the summoning circle, Portho will search the other skeleton, being deliberately open about what he finds , setting it in a neat pile. 

"Can you get teh wolf to drag that other one out of the circle?"

Toot looks at Portho like he has drool dripping from his chin.  This gnome had some nerve asking him to do anything after openly ignoring his own requests which were made in the attempt to make sure the warding which is protecting the ungrateful bastard would be uninterrupted.  Toot narrows his eyes at Portho and replies with a slow and emotionless, "Nooooo!"  Though Toot wasn't gifted with naturally being able to communicate with Wolves, he did have options.  The most effective would be to simply Wild Shape into Wolf form and Communicate Wolf to Wolf.  But he wasn't going to waste seven hours of wildshape on asking a wolf to play fetch with a skeleton.  Instead, before Ludgar gets injured, Toot will either Order his healthiest Thoqqua (+4 str and con) to retrieve the bones or retrieve his 10' pole from his HHH and offer it to Ludgar to fish the skeleton out of the circle.

When the ceiling opens up, Toot says, "Does anyone with knowledge of such things have any objections to destroying circle?  If not, me think we get out of here so Thoqqua can do their thing!"
Ooc then Lugar's damage is scratched.

The armourer replies,
"This may connect to another plane of existence, probably utterly evil. You may stir it up instead of closing it, but I'm admittedly just speculating on possibilities."
"There was no malice to me not singing, I was just very injured and my singing would do no good if the next moment I was slain. Just remind me not to let the big guy carry me, he tends to carry me straight into danger before I can get safely clear."

Then to Boo he gives a few short, high pitched grunts and growls - "Are you injured anywhere your friend needs to know about, either he or I can lick wounds better."

Portho crouches just outside the circle and following the other gnomes request tries to make sense of the glowing runes, though he doubts he has seen anything of their kind in any book he has ever read.

[Bardic Knowledge [1d20+11] = 8+11 = 19]

If he deciphers anything he will share it.

After that he will move to Lugar and use two charges from his wand of cure light on the dwarf. [+2 hp and +6 hp]
(12-02-2016, 11:50 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: [ -> ]"There was no malice to me not singing, I was just very injured and my singing would do no good if the next moment I was slain. Just remind me not to let the big guy carry me, he tends to carry me straight into danger before I can get safely clear."

Then to Boo he gives a few short, high pitched grunts and growls - "Are you injured anywhere your friend needs to know about, either he or I can lick wounds better."

"Sing or cure -- Do whatever.  But if you're going to ignore my suggestions, don't be offering suggestions of your own and expecting them to be followed."

Boo was hesitant to reply to Portho.  He couldn't understand what his complanion was saying but he could sense Toot wasn't happy.  This translated to Boo to be cautious or angry at Portho.  So Boo growls a reply which roughly translated into, "Yes, hurt.  But you make friend angry.  Friend wise about world.  Don't trust you."

Toot will take note of his companions wounds.  He had converted all of his healing to summonings so preferring to use magic which can be replenished easily (by sleep) he asks the Priests for assistance with Boo's wounds.  If they are unable to help, he will allow Portho to use his wand.  He wasn't going to let his companion hurt just because he was angry at the Bard.

[OoC: Toot has Spellcraft 11; and knowledge Nature 13 for seasons, cycles (such lunar or solar), and weather.]
OOC - Portho *was* following Toot as Toot requested, always one square behind. He just didn't sing.
Maul can muster a few more healing spells (will have to review how many he's left though)
(12-03-2016, 08:22 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - Portho *was* following Toot as Toot requested, always one square behind. He just didn't sing.
Maul can muster a few more healing spells (will have to review how many he's left though)

Dodgy   I will edit Toot's speech... Dodgy
(12-02-2016, 11:50 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: [ -> ]"Just remind me not to let the big guy carry me, he tends to carry me straight into danger before I can get safely clear."

What? You have jumped to the ground when I have opened the trapdoor! Next time you can stay down underwater with the moving statue!
- he says indignantly
Torin examines the circle and tells everything what he knows about it, destroying it, ....
(ooc -Spellcraft [1d20+15] = 14+15 = 29 Know (Arcane) [1d20+8] = 11+8 = 19 )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20