RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 1-9: Circle of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
OOC - Still no response from Portho so getting along as DMPC.

(Round seven continued)

Portho reacts to Toot's unfriendly manner of dishing out orders with an unwilling look, reluctant to sing up. He sings a brief tone filled of arcane power himself and Toot can see that one of the bard's nastier wounds close partially. 10 hp
As Toot orders the earth dwellers in Terran the two that can reach their target bite and burn and the bones collapse to the ground, the ceremonial robe of the creature catching fire.
As the doodid draws closer to half-orc and duergar Portho follows.

Having no better idea in the crowded battle, Murkatos continues shuffling through all the recesses of the warriors' clothing; or what remained after the heat of the thoqqua attacks.

Torin's turn! (to be followed by Lugar and Giant)
[OoC: Toot was moving toward the Thoqqua but he has no intention of moving so far as to remove Torin from the magic circle.  I was just waiting to see where Porto moved to before deciding wHicham square Toot would finish his move in.  ]

[OoC2: Portho is having some IRL problems but I will send him a text to see if he can post or update. ]
OOC - IMHO the bison is waiting / guarding

Tiny, Diminutive, and Fine Creatures Wrote:Very small creatures take up less than 1 square of space. This means that more than one such creature can fit into a single square. A Tiny creature typically occupies a space only 2½ feet across, so four can fit into a single square. Twenty-five Diminutive creatures or 100 Fine creatures can fit into a single square. Creatures that take up less than 1 square of space typically have a natural reach of 0 feet, meaning they can’t reach into adjacent squares. They must enter an opponent’s square to attack in melee. This provokes an attack of opportunity from the opponent. You can attack into your own square if you need to, so you can attack such creatures normally. Since they have no natural reach, they do not threaten the squares around them. You can move past them without provoking attacks of opportunity. They also can’t flank an enemy.

Torin steps into Toot's square and heals (+33hp) SG with a spontaneous casted Cure Critical Wounds spell.
Torin approaches and heals Giant and many of the scimitar cuts close immediately.
The purple rapier of force attempts at damaging the remaining warrior but fails. Not so two of the three bisons who tear at the warrior with great strength but the undead keeps standing.

Lugar's turn! to be followed by Giant.
The undead skeleton warrior in front of him dead and no clear path to the last remaining skeleton, Lugar pivots to face his allies in a defensive posture.  "What in the 12 hells was that thing? Did it escape?" He draws his trusty war pick. "And what is that circle there.  It makes my beard hairs tingle just being next to it!"

Ooc - I guess Lugar talks, ignoring his wounds. He takes total defense action. (+4 dodge, +2 tumble)
AC = 28 (with +2 from shield)
Touch AC = 21
(11-29-2016, 05:37 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - Still no response from Portho so getting along as DMPC.

(Round seven continued)

Portho reacts to Toot's unfriendly manner of dishing out orders with an unwilling look, reluctant to sing up. He sings a brief tone filled of arcane power himself and Toot can see that one of the bard's nastier wounds close partially. 10 hp

[OoC - Thanks for the DMPC, life kinda fell apart here in the last few days so just been focuseed on work and keeping an even keel. Got Toot's text while working so had to wait til done work to post. Not exactly what I would have done, but I'll accept it, because it was definitely one of his best options. Can we make one small edit?  I'd use the wand of cure light not one of my more precious spell slots. Aware that it would probably then be 6 hp healed not 10 hp, but he is trying to save the 1st level spells to be more useful.]
(11-30-2016, 01:27 AM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2016, 05:37 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - Still no response from Portho so getting along as DMPC.

(Round seven continued)

[OoC - Thanks for the DMPC, life kinda fell apart here in the last few days so just been focuseed on work and keeping an even keel. Got Toot's text while working so had to wait til done work to post. Not exactly what I would have done, but I'll accept it, because it was definitely one of his best options. Can we make one small edit?  I'd use the wand of cure light not one of my more precious spell slots. Aware that it would probably then be 6 hp healed not 10 hp, but he is trying to save the 1st level spells to be more useful.]

I would like to offer another slight edit.   Toot delayed his action to wait for Portho to move so Toot could pick a place to stop his movement.  It would make sense that Portho would take this opportunity to move rather than him losing the Circle.  Toot was being rather accommodating considering he could have just moved and left Portho without any protection.  If he squanders Toot's offer by being a dick then Toot won't be bothering to including Portho in any additional planning.
Ooc - with the skeleton dead? Well it was, for quite some time Smile
Ooc - RL is hard. I'm also ok with wand instead of spell though I thought wand was more precious Smile
Ooc - I took it as if you two waited four each other and moved in unison. Don't think Toot being the pr1ck he is would give a sh*t Portho feeling offended or even abused. Behind the scenes I rolled a cha check and came up with 2-2=0 so that's why the bard didn't feel like doing what Toot "asked" even if he had the exact same plans before Wink

IC...

Lugar phrases pretty much everyone's main concerns and Portho answers briefly,
"A vampire, far from being defeated yet. Let's find him while most vulnerable."
Maul slaps himself on the forehead in shame that he didn't realise the same.
The inquiry about the circle brings firth what bugged Toot's subconscious fur some time. It's not summoning and it hurts living things, he observed bout tyre thoqqua and the bison being in pain.
Murkatos notes without looking up from the search,
"It's a calling circle. The remains didn't disappear."

Giant's turn.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
Giant suspiciously looks at the approaching dwarf. When Torin heals him he nods and after he goes back to pick up his axe.
"Can somebody destroy this witchcrafted circle?"

In next round, he will pick up the curved dagger. Let's go down smoke the incorporeal undead out from his nest. (he forgot about construct and closed door)
(11-30-2016, 09:22 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc - RL is hard. I'm also ok with wand instead of spell though I thought wand was more precious Smile
Ooc - I took it as if you two waited four each other and moved in unison. Don't think Toot being the pr1ck he is would give a sh*t Portho feeling offended or even abused. Behind the scenes I rolled a cha check and came up with 2-2=0 so that's why the bard didn't feel like doing what Toot "asked" even if he had the exact same plans before Wink

[OoC sorry I didn't mention movement as I looked at the Roll20 map and my token had been moved to within the CoP so I thought it was already noted, sorry Toot]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20