RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-3: Mansion of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The lock is so broken it's essentially impossible to open it in a preservative manner. Bashing the door open with a moderate force, however, tears the lock out of its place and slowly, creaking, the door opens sufficiently so that Lugar can have a chance to peek in.

What once must have been the lobby of a mid-upper class noble's summer residence now stands here, abandoned, broken and covered in dust. Earth and some meager vegetation have penetrated the ceiling. The lobby is around thirty by thirty feet and aside from cracked floor tiles and broken statues of nymphs and satyrs it doesn't sport much of interest.

There were once three exits of the room; two doors to the north and south, and what seems to be a garden gate to the east. The doors have been partially dislodged from their places by age or impact. While there is quite some rubble all around they can probably be penetrated. The waist high garden gate, made of cast iron bars painted white (once upon a time) is bent out of place by the pressure of earth and rock that have slid into the garden beyond. It looks as solid as rock may get and by the looks of it much more than a few feet thick.
Attached lobby shot from roll20. Tell me if it makes life easier for everyone.
[attachment=2]
Lugar proceeds into the room, does a brief scan once in the middle, then heads towards the south door hoping to find riches. "Let's see what's behind door number one." Lugar says with a disconcerting grin and wide eyes. Lugar try's the door after a quick look for traps.
The door opens to a spacy room that looks like a diner of sorts. At least once it must have. Now it's a mangled heap of broken furniture and rubble. The far end of the room is collapsed, but generally the room seems to be safe to walk, even if the terrain is rough.

There is one door to the east, hanging open on its remaining hinge.
"Bah! Just a dining hall, probably the kitchen is next." Lugar heads over to the North door. Before taking a peek inside he asks Maul and the others, "Do you think there are more ghosts still haunting this place?"
"You may never know but that one I've just turned may surface anytime, anywhere. Now, we have to play smart with Pelor's power. I have three attempts at the spell that would restore whatever that nasty knight drained; one I have prayed for and two I have on scrolls. Should I be the victim, though, I might as well lose whatever I've gained with my prayer. Shall I call upon this power to recover your lost strength now, Giant?"
Merri is more concerned with keeping an eye out for creatures than she is for searching for treasures. She figures the dwarf is already doing that anyway.
Maul's warning of more ghosts and their abilities stops Lugar in his tracks. "What happened to Giant? I thought he was just hurt. Do they drain the spirit from the body?" After a short pause of reflection Lugar says, "Nevermind. Maybe it's best we leave before more come... and take out our only priest." Lugar wasn't at all prepared for ghosts which made him nervous...
(08-03-2015, 03:48 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]"You may never know but that one I've just turned may surface anytime, anywhere. Now, we have to play smart with Pelor's power. I have three attempts at the spell that would restore whatever that nasty knight drained; one I have prayed for and two I have on scrolls. Should I be the victim, though, I might as well lose whatever I've gained with my prayer. Shall I call upon this power to recover your lost strength now, Giant?"

Yeah, I am not Strongenough now.
Having no objections, Maul produces a small metal tube. He lays his hands on Giant's shoulders and recites a lengthy prayer to Pelor. In the middle of the prayer, he offers the contents of the tube-- a sparkling shower of diamond dust-- that falls upon the debilitated orc. At the end of the chant, the powder shines up with an eerie glow and dissipates.

Giant now feels better. (all your -2 penalties are gone and you have regained 10 hit points)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18