RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-3: Mansion of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
"I can't do anything for you, but maybe our priest here can." Lugar looks around the area wondering how this human creature survived so long alone. "Tell us of these weapons of war you seekf while we search for a safe place from these evil spirits." Lugar doesn't turn his back on Murkatos as he searches the area. He's looking for signs of the ghost or anything else that could have made noises like they heard before.
Neither Giant nor Lugar come up with anything useful (neither passthrough nor noise-makers or ghost footprints...) The attic once continued to the south but now runs only west (west is up on the ascii art map, sorry) i.e. above the rooms the team has already inspected (from the guard barracks to the library).

Meanwhile, Murkatos tells you about the weapons he seeks.
"According to my sources there's a rare artifact here that translates a paladin's divine grace into enchantment. There's another one that can fell a dragon with a single hit, and a third one that numbs the most dextrous of the animals. But above all these--"
He takes a momentary pause to ensure that he has the undivided attention of everyone.
"There is a war machine made of pure adamantine, propelled by arcane power."

Merri snaps her lavender eyes at the man. "Like an I--"
Her question is aborted by a sharp and painful wail. Her left knee fails to hold her weight and stumbles across the debris to regain posture but falls. Lugar can catch the flash of a ghostly hand disappearing into the floor.

"Sonova! Move!" Maul roars and indicates the opening leading downstairs. He jumps to the girl to help her back to her feet and then they stumble together towards the crack.
What a ...? - he says and goes to help them.
Ooc - What no ghost foot prints, inconceivable!

Lugar lets out a Dwarven curse about fecal matter and dives after Maul, Merri, and Giant. He attempts to slide into the crack and down the rubble ramp on his butt. Once at the bottom he'll remember to grab his magic rope.
Gathering her dignity Merri shakes off the helpers and dives with elven grace.
The men react slower, Lugar being the fastest again and does the feat with little effort.
Goo scrambles to the crack as well and tries to cross but can't decide feet or heads first and hesitates. This costs some time and Giant can see the ghostly hand reaching out and flailing again, this time against Maul's feet, but seems like the creature has no sight through solid rock as it fails big time without Maul even noticing, and disappears again.

Party's turn!
end of turn: Giant, Maul (still on the attic, 10 feet from the crack),
then first half of next turn: Merri and Lugar (in the library), Goo (one foot in the crack)
Once back in the Library, Lugar will stand ready to help the others up if they stumble down the rubble. Then Lugar will recover his magic rope, giving the command to "unattach."

"Merri, be ready for that ghost, I'll help the others." Lugar bosses.
Giant is ready to cut the ghostly hand if appears again.
Giant stands on the ready. Maul keeps an eye on the path between him and Giant while helps Murkatos pass the opening.

Merri grunts at Lugar's comment, her gaze fluttering nervously all around in desperation.
"No more magic missiles,".

As if on cue the apparition manifests from the ceiling of the library.
"Morsæt!"
Merri utters and a gleaming ray of energy leaves her fingertips but misses the apparition far and wide.
It flutters closer, passing Lugar on the way whose heavy pick hits the frame but passes through the figure as if it were illusory.
The chilling hand reaches out of the cloak once again and grasps into the heart of Merri who cries in agony.

Murkatos passes the opening and just as he slides down he fires,
Krisp!
The freezing ray covers the figure into a thin bluish shell but it cackles and shakes the undead-bane cover down, shards of shattering ice flying in all directions.

It seems that things go badly for the team, particularly for the wizard who seems to be in critical state. She wouldn't stand another assault as it stands now.
Lugar and Murkatos are downstairs with the apparition who had no time to withdraw into stone this time.

Giant and Maul have the opportunity to climb down now; Maul is closer but Giant is faster so it's up to the half-orc to decide if he lets Maul go down first (i.e. delaying).
I thought Giant is next to Maul, isn't he? He went a two rounds before to help them. If he is farther then he will delay but if he is next to Maul then he will go down immediatelly. "I'm coming keep the position!" - he shouts
Giant makes it downstairs quick and arrives in a position to flank Cloak.
Maul makes it downstairs as well and raises his holy symbol. "Go back whence you came!" he demands and the figure seems to flee in panic, allowing Merri, Giant and Lugar to make attacks of opportunity. Only Merri's sword (8hp) and Giant's axe (12hp) make contact though, and the apparition flees through the wall towards the guard barracks once again.

(battle over... for now.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18