RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-3: Mansion of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I'll try to briefly depict the battlefield in ascii arts to avoid roll20 accessibility problems. For simplicity's sake let's assume all fields are difficult terrain.

|_|_|_|_|G|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_
|_|L|g|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|C|_|_|_|_|
|_|M|_|_|_|_|

G-Giant
g-Goo
L-Lugar
C-Cloak
M-Merri
"Maul! Get your arse up here! There's trouble!"
[OOC - only one free action from the whole team in 48 hours. Please write your turns. I'll move on with whatever I have in 24 hours, and DMPC those that don't post.]
Lugar was more worried about the cloaked figure that jumped out of the stone than the frail human at the moment. Either it was cunning deception on the human's part to miss with his magic, or he knew something Lugar didn't.

Lugar moves 10 feet towards the cloaked figure, stows his hand crossbow and quick draws his trusty heavy pick. He crouches slightly in a defensive posture not sure what to expect next. (Combat Expertise -3 attack, +3 AC)
Giant goes to flank and attack his 'favored enemy-like' figure again with his magical axe (but unfortunately not silvered) Sad
ooc - maybe he can exceed the figures damage reduction
OOC - if I get it correctly Lugar will stop 10 feet from Cloak, readying an attack and Giant will use full move to get to flanking position like this?

|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_
|_|_|g|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|L|_|_|_|
|_|G|_|_|_|_|
|_|C|_|_|_|_|
|_|M|_|_|_|_|
OOC - Yes, that's right?
ooc - nope Smile I forgot about difficult terrain. So Giant makes 40 -> 20ft steps, holds his axe with left hand and draws his whip with right hand (move and free action). He tries to make a trip attack with whip (standard action).
Merri can see trouble coming and retrieves her oversized blade, attacking the figure. The attack barely succeeds but even then, it passes through the figure harmlessly instead of making solid contact.

Lugar moves closer and readies his magical pick.

Giant moves closer as well and tries to trip the creature but the whip passes through the figure as if it were thin air.

Cloak, apparently unhindered by the terrain, shifts its position to get around Merri. The insidious attack fails to reach the agile elf though.

Groans can be heard from downstairs as someone fails moving through slippery debris.

Goo aims at Cloak again and utters "Krisp!" this time hitting his mark but the freezing missile passes through the opponent.

Your turn!

|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_
|_|_|g|_|_|
|_|G|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|L|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|C|M|_|_|_|_|

|_|_|_|_|_|_|

"Merri, get behind us!"  Lugar calls out then cautiously moves closer to attack. (Combat expertise -3 attack/+3 AC)

|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|g|_|_|
|_|G|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|L|_|_|_|_|
|C|M|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|

See Roll20
Attack roll (1d20)15+8-3= 20
Damage roll (1d6)6+3= 9
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18