RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-3: Mansion of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Giant scales the stones with his routine and upon reaching the top he finds a gap to peek in. His darkvision reveals a crumbled space that looks like the attic. At a first glance it features no more than heaps of rock that collapsed from above, though there are parts that seem to be more intact, supported by the strongest of the beams.

At the second glance, however, a tiny wriggle draws the orc's attention. Straining his eyes he can see that the moving thing (about the size of a juvenile rat) is more like the end of something bigger. Tip? Tail? Toe? or a nose? hard to tell. But in the next moment the thing is withdrawn by its rightful owner to the rock heap's safe cover.

It would take about a minute for the orc to safely squeeze through the crack or two rounds if he doesn't mind bruising himself and tearing his clothes. That particular heap of rocks is no more than twenty feet away (plus the size of the heap) so once through the crack the orc can get there as a full round action (difficult terrain due to rubble and beams in the way).
Here is a rat, a snake, or an elephant - he says to Lugar - Throw up my rope I will fix it somewhere and you three can climb up too. When he is ready he safely squeeze through the crack. During the squeeze he is spotting and listening continuously. When he is on the other side and there is no direct danger he is going to find a place to fix one end of the rope.
Lugar pulls out his own rope instead. "Use mine, it responds to Drow speech. Say, kly'tak, and it will tie itself where you wish." In Undercommon, Lugar commands the rope forward and up til it is in reach of Giant. "Fau'lad, phor." The rope moves like a snake in the air towards Giant.
Wow - he is wondering for a moment - Nice rope.
Ooc (even though Dwarven "ropes" are legendary among the big folk, their population is still dwindling. Sorry I couldn't resist!)
Klitak, klytak, kly'tak - he says to tie the rope. What is on the other side?
"I will check out this elephant-snake-rat with you." Lugar takes his time to climb the rope, making sure he doesn't mis-step and cause a cave-in or ruin the ramp. (Take 10 if possible, if not check for my roll on Roll20)
Lugar makes it upstairs safely.

Meanwhile, GIant squeezes through and stays really silent. So silent that he can discern two different sources of noise:
One, resembling to suppressed breathing.
Two, the heavy thuds of the grazing rhinos echoing all around this originally large hall.
What is the direction of breathing? 
He is looking for tracks on the ground and draws his dagger.
How large is this place, a large hall? Visible exists, corridors?
What does Lugar see at the next level? Once up he looks for any sort of cover (hide and move silently) and the source of what Silent Giant described to him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18