RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Prophecies have a way of working themselves out. This one was looking no different. Merri waited patiently to hear what the fairy elder had to say.
Torin prepares his Wand of Comprehend Languages and waits patiently.
Toot pouts a bit when the possibility of the wondrously soft and absorbent paper being torn away from his little bottom.  Then he cheers up a bit and asks, "You have scrolls?  When you cast spell from one can me have THAT paper?"

(03-31-2017, 07:25 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]Watching Merri send her air elemental into the air was impressive.  Did it have a name, he wondered?  "Hey Toot, I bet you wished you had one of those! Ha!" He says to the little Jermlaine.  "Me, I would summon a nice solid stone animal."

"Yes me would like one but me can summon Air Elementals and now even speak with them too!  Never did down in caves cuz me couldn't speak with one so all they do is attack when what me really wanted was for of them to fly me the frick out of there!  But me has been summoning different elementals to learn their languages for years now.  Hope to soon become fluent enough in Ignan so me can speak with Fire creatures so things will burn..."  Toot hides a toothy grin under part of his cloak.  

Once Portho mentions a challenge, Toot whispers to Boo, "Sorry Boo but me needs this more than you right now..."  Toot then removes Boo's helm and puts it on his own head so he can under what the Grig is saying.

"If we doing challenge then we need to organize ourselves.  Me have two rods that will extend spells.  Me let you borrow rod to double duration of spells.  But me might want yous to cast spells on me too!"

[OoC: If someone needs their mage armor or some other spell extended, Toot will lend them his rod to extend the spell.  Having a Mage armor for 16 hours is a lot better than 8 hours.  Toot will also happily accept any buffs from anyone else that he can extend too such as Sculpt sound to help him be more sneaky.   Wink ]
The "elder" watches scornfully how the party reacts to her presence.

(the following spoiler is about her thoughts. I wrote it as DM notes but now I let all of you have a sneak peek. Read at your own peril, but this is strictly OOC info unless you can read her mind...)
The gnome first to speak, but what else could you expect from people having so long names they can't even remember themselves?
The half-breed with a sack of potatoes for father, speaking up next, all concerned about greed.
The elderly dwarf, smelling of coal and ore tip to toe, with those nervously fluttering eyes, apparently scared of his own shadow.
That other gnome, the one talking to a bear, well, could be considered worthy but still talking so much and doing all this as if I wasn't here at all...
At least that other dwarf and the elf are decent -- but how did an elf get into such a group of weirdos?
That girl over there, an enigma in herself. Seems to be young and... amused maybe? Well, she damn better shouldn't...

After a long and deep silence, the slender little woman exchanges a few words with Myshnue in Sylvan.
"You sure they worthy?"
"The best I could come up with, Elder."
"Saplings."
"They could try."
"Die trying. Or worse."

Another pause.
Finally, the woman sighs.
"You best we have now. We have problems with powerful neighbour who's been respectful until lately."

Once again, she falls silent, as if expecting to see how the party reacts to this overflowing revelation of more than a dozen words.
Powerful? Is it fearful too? Dragon, demon, devil, drawelf, duergar, dwarf or a mind flayer?
(04-03-2017, 07:14 AM)Toot Wrote: [ -> ]Toot pouts a bit when the possibility of the wondrously soft and absorbent paper being torn away from his little bottom.  Then he cheers up a bit and asks, "You have scrolls?  When you cast spell from one can me have THAT paper?"...((etc))

((Greater Mage Armor, here.  And she has a Lesser Rod of Extend as well.  Thanks for the IC offer though Smile ))

Fey are...unpredictable at best.  I'm not very comfortable with this situation.  I don't understand Fey, nor their particular form of linguistics.

What could this creature possibly want from my scrolls??  Its curiosity is bordering on fanaticism.  It is beginning to grow distasteful.

(04-03-2017, 08:00 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]The "elder" watches scornfully how the party reacts to her presence.

(the following spoiler is about her thoughts. I wrote it as DM notes but now I let all of you have a sneak peek. Read at your own peril, but this is strictly OOC info unless you can read her mind...)
Another pause.
"You best we have now. We have problems with powerful neighbour who's been respectful until lately."

Once again, she falls silent, as if expecting to see how the party reacts to this overflowing revelation of more than a dozen words.

Shanna only blinks.  She had not truly been spoken to, or with, and yet she felt a decision had already been made about her.  Good or bad?  She could not yet say.

"Does this neighbor have a particular form?  Is it magical in nature or origin?  Or does it hale from a particular plane of existence?"

(04-03-2017, 08:30 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Powerful? Is it fearful too? Dragon, demon, devil, drawelf, duergar, dwarf or a mind flayer?

Obsessive, much?
Wrinkling her nose, Cranberry thinks,
Questions. Curious lot.

but then just says,
"You both have three yes'es. How many do I have?"
(04-03-2017, 07:14 AM)Toot Wrote: [ -> ]"If we doing challenge then we need to organize ourselves.  Me have two rods that will extend spells.  Me let you borrow rod to double duration of spells.  But me might want yous to cast spells on me too!"

[OoC: If someone needs their mage armor or some other spell extended, Toot will lend them his rod to extend the spell.  Having a Mage armor for 16 hours is a lot better than 8 hours.  Toot will also happily accept any buffs from anyone else that he can extend too such as Sculpt sound to help him be more sneaky.   Wink ]

"A good suggestion friend Toot. I have a spell that would make us all extra stealthy for a full day, absolutely silent except our voices in fact. Even Boo. I was going to use it anyway, but tat would double the duration if you agree?"

[OoC Sculpt sound on all 8 of us, for 16 hours rather than 8.  I can leave our vocal cords out but completely 100% mute any sounds we make like footfalls, scuffling, even combat.]

(04-03-2017, 08:00 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]After a long and deep silence, the slender little woman exchanges a few words with Myshnue in Sylvan.
"You sure they worthy?"
"The best I could come up with, Elder."
"Saplings."
"They could try."
"Die trying. Or worse."

Another pause.

Portho pauses a moment himself.. then replies to her conversation, also in Sylvan.

"With all due respect elder, I do not dispute that as mortals, we are certainly saplings compared to thee, but we have mettle, and I believe we might surprise you. Pleasantly I hope."

"The best way we can avoid making a mess of things, making the situation worse, as it seems, would be to go forearmed and forewarned."

"Can you tell us of this neighbour, who they are? And how have they slighted thee?

Having asked his question, politely enough he hopes, he stops and takes a deep breath. Then pauses and waits.

[Diplomacy roll if appropriate Diplomacy [1d20+17] = 9+17 = 26

]
(04-03-2017, 12:24 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Wrinkling her nose, Cranberry thinks,
Questions. Curious lot.

but then just says,
"You both have three yes'es. How many do I have?"

What?!? A dragon or a demon? You don't know your neighbour? What's the problem then? But we are in hurry let's talk about the reward.
[OoC: Toot will agree to using his Rod to Extend the Duration of sculpt sound on the whole party.  Even the one who's greedy and won't share her special paper. Tongue]

There was not much point of Toot offering this creature much more than a polite nod while inconspicuously slipping behind one of Boo's legs to hide most of himself from the Feys.  Toot did not want them to have any reason to scrutinize him close enough to possibly see through his hat of diguise.  It's true that Jermlaine were fey but mostly they are considered of the Unseelie variety.  He did not know if his turning over of a new leaf [ Tongue ] by embracing the natural world rather than the subjugation of all living creatures larger than Jermlaine that his kind usually hope for would matter in this Fey's eyes.  Also Toot had a way of speaking [cha 7] that Seelie Fey with their delight of pretty things would find distasteful to say the least.  Jermlaine were sort of the Fey world's inbred, redneck, cousins you hide from polite company.  So Toot would let Portho use his pretty words and will only speak up if necessary. 

[OoC: And once Portho has lulled the Fey into a false sense of security, Toot would DESTROY THEM ALL!!  DESTROY! DESTROY! DESTROY!  Muwahahahaha!!!!  Kidding... sort of...  Tongue ]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17