RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Merri was too distracted to notice the hungry Grig right away. Once she does, she grabs a piece of dried fruit from her pouch and tosses it to him. She was busy considering if this was just a coincidence. It all felt too easy. "Please explain to us what it is that you need help with. We have an important mission, but our paths may be aligned. We will do what is within out power to help you."
(04-03-2017, 08:11 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]When Myshnue asks for food from Merri he thinks of Toot's Good Berries.  "Toot, do you have those juicy berries still?"

"Me not have time to cast one yet," Toot replies.  He then looks around the field to see if he can find any edible berries.  If he spots some, he shimmies over to the berry bushes while whispering, "Scuse me... Carry on... Nothing to see here..." and casts the Goodberry spell on the bush.  He will then collect the berries that became enchanted and then quickly returns to the group.  If he manages to find the berries, he offers one to Portho to offer to the Grig, figuring the Bard would have a better chance at using the berries to best effect.
Toot finds several bushes of early berries that are ripe in this late spring / early summer time.

The elvish fey gracefully hops and catches the dried fruit Merri offered mid-air.
"Remember that line, keep it for Cranberry." he replies Merri's question.

If Portho offers Toot's berry he'll accept it with an appreciative nod.
"I really can't tell you much more because-- well frankly I could but you won't cut my purse" - he says, imitating a knot being tied around his pursed lips.
"All I can tell is that this is Crystal Meadow, within Crystal Grove, next to Crystal Lake. Guess you saw the shimmering quartz at the lake bottom. And our neighbour, well, he's a forest creature. A foul one but still, Matron seems to consider him part of the forest life."

Minutes pass like snails uphill.
(04-04-2017, 09:15 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2017, 02:36 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2017, 02:04 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Myshnue stares at Lugar as if he offered charcoal for a dish with slate for dessert before looking at Merri expectantly. It seems that elves prefer elven food, size doesn't matter.

In orc:
Huh, little choosy. So he is not really hungry.
"Hrumph." Lugar huffs at the little Fey's rejection and SG's remark. "Well it's all I got... unless your thirsty." Lugar smiles, thinking about giving the little guy a vial of Drow poison to knock him on his arse.  He looks over the tiny elf-bug-man to see if he has anything of obvious value.

"Hey Toot. Fork over your good-berries man.  This guy, ahem, Myshnue wants to tell us about his homeland.  Don't you Myshnue? My name is Lugar Bargrimm, the big guy is Silent Giant, we call him Essgee, and the bear tamer is Toot.  The other tall folk are Merri Starsong and Shanna, Shanna, I can't remember her last name.  Our traveling music-man over there is Portho Nihilibuck."

"Why would tiny folk like you need strangers like us?"

And of course there is our new drunking buddy, Drunken Master Torin Shield Other!

ooc - and there is a dwarf too, Drunken Master Torin Shield Other Smile
(04-05-2017, 06:56 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Toot finds several bushes of early berries that are ripe in this late spring / early summer time.

ooc - Toot finds but an elvish fey can't find food in their forest. Smile

(04-05-2017, 06:56 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Minutes pass like snails uphill.

ooc - Minutes (hours) pass and the gate closes Smile
This is the trap, a timetrap... :-D
(04-05-2017, 07:15 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 06:56 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Toot finds several bushes of early berries that are ripe in this late spring / early summer time.

ooc - Toot finds but an elvish fey can't find food in their forest. Smile

[OoC: They could be lazy or maybe just really smart.  They have people bringing them food so why bother finding it yourself.  Tongue  ]
It occurs to those with above average wisdom (Giant included) that Myshnue's obviously unnecessary request for food had some purpose other than actually getting food.
(04-04-2017, 09:15 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2017, 02:36 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2017, 02:04 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Myshnue stares at Lugar as if he offered charcoal for a dish with slate for dessert before looking at Merri expectantly. It seems that elves prefer elven food, size doesn't matter.

In orc:
Huh, little choosy. So he is not really hungry.
"Hrumph." Lugar huffs at the little Fey's rejection and SG's remark. "Well it's all I got... unless your thirsty." Lugar smiles, thinking about giving the little guy a vial of Drow poison to knock him on his arse.  He looks over the tiny elf-bug-man to see if he has anything of obvious value.

"Hey Toot. Fork over your good-berries man.  This guy, ahem, Myshnue wants to tell us about his homeland.  Don't you Myshnue? My name is Lugar Bargrimm, the big guy is Silent Giant, we call him Essgee, and the bear tamer is Toot.  The other tall folk are Merri Starsong and Shanna, Shanna, I can't remember her last name.  Our traveling music-man over there is Portho Nihilibuck."

"Why would tiny folk like you need strangers like us?"

[OoC: Maybe we should call SG Forest Gump?  I'm waiting for the Tropic Thunder jokes to come pouring in Smile ]

"Rendin.  My name is Shanna Rendin."  It's about all she deigns to say while poring over her spellbook.  She is an organized sort that way.  "Perhaps you could let us know...is your Matron the tree itself, or does she live within the tree?"

Shanna glances at the massive oak, growing a little concerned if it was the latter.
"Sometimes I think she's both." Myshnue confesses.
[OoC: Toot did a sense motive (+7) check a while ago but I don't think I heard any word if I learned anything.  But Toot will continue to Sense Motive and of course scrutinize (Disbelieve) everything starting with the Fey, to the trees, bushes, and any other features he finds suspicious.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17