RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Ooc- I'll recheck but I think none of Portho, Toot or Torin have ever heard of Sea Jewel.

Toot realises that there are some whose true forms are unseen yet. Namely, the smaller glowing figure is roughly the size of a full grown forest gnome--

As the doodid is gets to this point on the train of thoughts Portho's invisibility wears off. Now all can see a forest gnome, still engulfed flames.
[OoC: I don't know if it matters but a long time ago it was decided that Toot was from this world.]

While random thoughts about helpful strangers, food that cannot be remembered and nasty tree-hugging creatures float through his thoughts, Toot almost had not noticed the invisibility wearing off the thing standing in front of him.  Almost...  Toot's eyes widen slightly as his pupils constricted to scarlet pin points of disgust and loathing.  Before Portho realizes what's going on, a crossbow bolt suddenly parts his hair and sticks into the wall behind his head.  Toot seems frozen for a second and then says slowly with a slight hiss, "Ssorry.  Gnome... [pauses to swallow] sstartled me." Boo growls...
"Garl's glittering gems!! You just tried to kill me!"

Portho takes a half-step back, his rapier point coming back up while he utters a magic word and makes an arcane gesture with his free hand.

Abruptly there are five glowing gnomes all standing clustered together in the one spot.

[Portho Nihilbuck: rolling 1d4+2 Mirror Images appear (2+2 = 4]
Toot casually cranks the reload lever of his repeating crossbow.  Toot then sarcastically replies, "Me told Gnome, Gnome suddenly reappeared and startled me into nearly shooting Gnome between eyes.  It an ooobvious mistake.  Could've happen to anyyyone!  If me were going to kill Gnome, Gnome would be flambe by flamestrike while being mercilessly mauled by bear."  Toot bites his bottom lip with one of his sharp teeth to keep from smiling at the thought of Portho being barbecued and then devoured by Boo.  "But now silly Gnome waste spell," Toot says sadly.  "Lots of bad things down here in caves.  Me hope nothing else bad happen to silly Gnome who uses up spells." 
"What kind of crazy lunatic are you!!!  Aim that crossbow elsewhere or we shall be forced to defend ourselves!!!  You all saw that  he missed me by accident and now is trying to claim it is my fault!!  I was already illuminated by his spell, it is not like I was hiding and jumped out at him!  What kind of crazy gnome are you to be forgetting that you yourself ARE a gnome!"

His eyes narrow and his rapier pint remains pointed at the other gnome.

[OoC Will save if he is allowed one to disbelieve ... rolling d20+4 Will Save (7)+4= 11 failed]
[Grrrr I lost my post!!   Angry Stupid backspace! ]

"Me not follow silly Gnome's logic.  What does me being a gnome have to do with anything?  What, you never get startled?  You looked pretty startled a few seconds ago.  Using your logic, me was standing right here with weapon.  It not like me jumped out at you.  Me was simply concentrating upon these, humans," Toot says humans while using finger quotes.  "When suddenly silly Gnome reappear out of corner of eye.  Me was startled.  But now me think silly Gnome is crazy lunatic.  Very paranoid.  Me knew gnome who lost mind.  Not pretty sight." 
OOC - Yes Toot is from this world. Portho and Torin are from Faerun, with latter worshiping an Oeridian goddess... Thus, none of them have heard the name "Sea Jewel"...
Otherwise, carry on, I enjoy reading Smile
What's wrong with these gnomes? Zizz was completly different. Are they crazy? - he asks Maul laughing - May I eat them?
"Not yet," Maul answers, a bit amused but then remembers the urgency.

"Now, if you would please consider fighting some evil instead of each other--"
Noticing how Giant's innocent morbidity left , , and speechless Maul speaks up again.
"To help you understand our urgency; Merri was a valiant companion and deserves a decent funeral, not undeath. We have to take her remains back to Sea Jewel within a mere eight hours or my preservative spell wears off. If you are willing to join us, fine. If not, maybe consider carrying her through the portal where you may expect quite some welcome committee. We may meet again if we survive. If you are into neither, we bid you farewell."

Meanwhile, ...
... reaches the iron wall in the cellar which is closed again. This must have made the noise. The runes are reset to their original position.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18