RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Torin tries to find the "hiding" duergar and examines his good friends when this crazy lunatic almost killed Portho.
There is something strange about with him. So, Torin casts a Detect Magic and examines cautiously this little crazy gnome. (ooc - disbelive: Illusion Will save vs. spell [1d20+13] = 3+13 = 16; @DM: please roll my spellcraft checks)

After this he continues with the others (SG, Maul, Murkatos, and maybe Lugar too).

- Merri was a drow? If not, then I can preserve his/her body at tomorrow. I'm in a holy mission. This is not a world saving like yours but it's very important for my Lady, but there are too many tricks around us. Where is this grey spunk? Is he trying to cheat us? Toot are you resident in this planet/plane?
"I am Portho, Portho Nihilbuck of the Vallonde Nihilbucksp. I was, I am, on a quest for knowledge to find the location of the lost gnomish city of Dolblunde. It was lost some 700 winters ago when it was sacked by followers of Urdlen. " He spits. "Ere its fall Dolblunde was once part of the great kingdom of Phalorm, the Kingdom of the Three Crowns, where humans, elven, dwarven, and gnomish cities, as well as a few halfling villages were united in peace. Therefore when I learn of other ruins that were part of the Fallen Kingdom I seek them out, hoping I might find clues to where lies Dolblunde."

"My quest led me to join a band of adventurers that were delving into the ruibns, where I met Torin, after the band I was with was slaughtered by giant spiders. Torin was going to lead me out after I helped him..."

"Now we are somewhere else..."
(09-05-2016, 05:33 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Maul clears his throat.

"I can clearly see common interests here with Mister Bear-Riding-Gnome. How about Mister Flaming-Gnome and Silence-Armor-Clad dwarf friend? What's your mission? And feel free to introduce yourselves as we've already done so."

Apparently, Maul was not the first to notice that the heavily armored dwarf made less noise than a stalking cat on a wooden roof but he was the first to bring up a possible explanation.

Lugar waits patiently, still hidden inside the tunnel, listening to everyone. Maul was kind enough to identify these strangers, whether he knew it or not. The "flaming-gnome" must be this Portho fellow who just finished a lengthy tale, he seemed a fair person to partner up with one day on his adventures. Then there was a "bear-riding-gnome" possibly "Toot" he heard. Odd to be riding a bear but gnomes behaved oddly most of the time. "A beast tamer," Lugar thought, "I wonder what tricks he's taught this bear? Better watch out for that one." He smirks at the cleverness of owning a bear... Then there was the "silent-armor-clad-dwarf" with no name. Lugar could feel the ancient grudges boiling in his blood, but he remained quiet and patient like a snake. "I'll introduce you to one of my poisoned bolts you bastard," he grumbles inwardly, "and while you're sleeping I'll crack you out of your armored shell and boil your beardless ass in a fat pot till you apologize for..." His anger subsides remembering what the priestesses of Elestraee had taught him years ago. That was old hatred, and it kept Dwarven minds "trapped" in the past. Traps were something he knew of well. The way this "silent-armored-dwarf" spoke of Merri as a Drow and how he might not help her if she was such, showed Lugar how ignorant dwarves could be. "Surface dwellers. They know nothing."
OOC - Torin casting a spell may trigger some-- ahem-- preventive actions from some... Will edit THIS post if "some" post accordingly... Wink

While Torin concentrates on his surroundings Portho introduces himself. Maul and Murkatos listen intently.
"Sounds inspiring," the armorer says.
"Dolbunde? There's a Doebundy I've heard of; realm of fairies they say. I know someone who may know the way." Maul says.

Torin learns the following:
Toot
Overall - Faint Abjuration
Neck - Moderate Transmutation
Sack - Moderate Conjuration
There are several faint auras that are supressed by the three above.

Boo
Neck - Moderate transmutation (some object also emanating continual flame)

Maul
Forehead - Faint Transmutation
Breastplate - Faint Transmutation
Heavy Mace - Faint Transmutation

Murkatos
Forehead - Moderate Transmutation
Light Mace - Faint Conjuration (continual flame)
Belt - Faint Necromancy

Silent Giant
Overall - Faint Transmutation
Neck - Faint transmutation
Hand - Faint abjuration
Double axe - Faint transmutation
Chain shirt - Moderate transmutation
Girdle - Moderate transmutation
Curved dagger in girdle - Strong transmutation

Finally, Torin makes his offer on preserving Merri's body, accepted with mute grudge on the duergar's behalf.

"Drow? No. She's one of them haughtly grey elves." Maul replies. Again, an out-of-place adverb for Toot, for the doodid learned grey elves being pious and high elves being haughty. But the jermlaine probably knew way too much about superstition to give a sh*t.
The bald human priest continues.
"I'm afraid we can't wait until tomorrow. My spell won't last the night and if it would I could preserve her myself." For a moment he stops but then adds,
"Thanks for the offer anyway." It seems it was quite the most he could ever say to express his gratitude.
[OoC: I don't believe Toot has revealed his name to anyone yet.]

(09-05-2016, 09:48 PM)Torin Wrote: [ -> ]Torin tries to find the "hiding" duergar and examines his good friends when this crazy lunatic almost killed Portho.
There is something strange about with him. So, Torin casts a Detect Magic and examines cautiously this little crazy gnome. (ooc - disbelive: Illusion Will save vs. spell [1d20+13] = 3+13 = 16; @DM: please roll my spellcraft checks)

After this he continues with the others (SG, Maul, Murkatos, and maybe Lugar too).

- Merri was a drow? If not, then I can preserve his/her body at tomorrow. I'm in a holy mission. This is not a world saving like yours but it's very important for my Lady, but there are too many tricks around us. Where is this grey spunk? Is he trying to cheat us? Toot are you resident in this planet/plane?

Toot has been carefully watching the other gnome who had moved to place Torin between him and Toot.  He had been waiting for him to give Toot another reason to shoot.  So when Torin starts to speak his spell in the middle of this tense situation, Toot suddenly leans forward a little in his saddle to remind Torin that Toot has a crossbow loaded and aimed at them.  At the same time Toot yells, "Hey!  HEY!  Hey!  Not one more word Dorf.  Casting an unknown spell with so many large weapons close to your head is a good way to get yerself dead!  How we know you not trying to bewitch one of us?"  The half orc with a giant axe who was likely more intimidating than a gnome, even one riding a black bear, had already stated his hatred of witchcraft so Toot had hoped he would get a little backup from the big guy.

[OoC1: Unfortunately, even though Toot had his crossbow ready to fire, I forgot to say I was readying an action to shoot if anyone does anything Toot may consider Threatening.  (Which for Toot could mean almost anything.  Tongue  )  So Toot really can't try to interrupt Torin.  But hopefully Torin will see the wisdom in Toot's words about not casting an unknown spell in this situation and will stop himself.   Dodgy ]

[OoC2: I should say, now that Toot is readying his weapon to shoot for anything Toot may consider threatening; like casting a spell; or brandishing weapon with intent to attack and pointing a ranged weapon with the intent to attack.]

[OoC3: If Torin does cast his spell, Toot will of course use spellcraft +11 to try to identify the spell.]
(09-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: [ -> ]"I am Portho, Portho Nihilbuck of the Vallonde Nihilbucksp. I was, I am, on a quest for knowledge to find the location of the lost gnomish city of Dolblunde. It was lost some 700 winters ago when it was sacked by followers of Urdlen. " He spits. "Ere its fall Dolblunde was once part of the great kingdom of Phalorm, the Kingdom of the Three Crowns, where humans, elven, dwarven, and gnomish cities, as well as a few halfling villages were united in peace. Therefore when I learn of other ruins that were part of the Fallen Kingdom I seek them out, hoping I might find clues to where lies Dolblunde."

At this point Giant yawns a big - We are in hurry. - he grumbles
(09-06-2016, 07:34 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - Torin casting a spell may trigger some-- ahem-- preventive actions from some... Will edit THIS post if "some" post accordingly... Wink

If Giant perceives Torin or somebody else casting a spell then he yells Witchcraft! and shoots with his longbow.
Ooc drop axe, retrieve bow and shoot? That's not nearly fast enough to change the result...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
OOC1 - Torin casts his spell as a "reaction", right after Toot's shot in almost parallel with Portho's Mirror Image. If this casting cause too big retro playing, then our DM will determine the time when he casted it.
OOC2 - @DM: I think you should reveal the Disguise Self spell effect with a Detect Magic spell, e.g. you should find an invisible object or unmoved creature with a Detect Magic spell:
Rules of the Game: There, Not There (Part One) Wrote:Invisibility does not foil detection spells.

A detect spell doesn't make an invisible creature or object visible, but if an unseen subject is in the area where the spell is aimed, the spell can give some hint of the unseen subject's presence. For example, a detect magic spell reveals the presence or absence of magical auras in the area where it is aimed. An invisible creature using an invisibility spell or magic item has a magical aura (thanks to the active spell or magic item) and a detect magic spell aimed into its area will reveal that aura. All the spell user knows, however, is that there is magic present somewhere within the area where the spell is aimed. If the detect magic user scans that same area for 3 consecutive rounds, the spell can reveal the location of the invisible magical aura (if the creature is still in area). The spell doesn't reveal anything else about the creature, or even that it is a creature at all. The spell user could aim an attack at the creature's location and have a chance to hit it (see Part Two).

OOC3 - @DM: How much time is left until dawn? When Torin could referesh his memorization.
OOC4 - : Torin finished his casting. I think your speech takes more time than the casting.

- This was a harmless Detect Magic. There is something strange with you. Maybe you are cursed, because an ordinary gnome doesn't behave as you.

Torin then react to Maul's words: (ooc - How can prevent that Merri will became to an undead (without divine magic): Know Arcana/Religion [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28)
- It's a pity! We should prevent this unholy tranformation if we put her body inside to an extradimensional space e.g. into a Bag of Holding, ...
(09-06-2016, 04:41 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc drop axe, retrieve bow and shoot? That's not nearly fast enough to change the result...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

[OoC: Im not trying to be a pain but I have a few questions...  Would the fact that his attack would not change the result really matter to SG?  Wouldnt striking him have a chance to disrupt subsequent rounds of concentration which is a standard action?  Since Toot ran past them to the other tunnel can Torin target everyone with his Detect magic cone from his current position?   If he can that would take at least 3 rounds and if he cant he would need to concentrate for 3 rounds in my direction and then 3 rounds in SG direction.  Meanwhile we are just letting him scan us?  Both sides have reasons for not wanting our secrets revealed. ]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18