RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] The Dwarven Ruins - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] The Dwarven Ruins (/showthread.php?tid=291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 05-27-2016

Yes you are right. So it's a spoiler for you. Hope it won't ruin the excitement.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Portho Nihilbuck - 05-28-2016

Portho looks for any mundane items that he might have missed earlier, like a much needed flint & steel, or other metal items like a grappling hook.

[OoC in other words the useful bits of equipment I was hoping to find the first time i searched the bodies]

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 05-31-2016

(OOC - If there is the sleep time then)
- Go to sleep!

(OOC - ELSE)
- I had an adamantine key, which stucked to the gargoyle's mouth when I opened the door. Let's try to recapture it.

(02-10-2016, 03:37 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: As he inserts the key into the leftmost hole it sinks in up to its bow smoothly. As he turns the key effortlessly the gargoyle's mouth snaps shut! (it may be possible to turn the key but not to remove it)

He can hear a mechanism clicking in an irregular pattern until finally the leftmost door (the one next to the keyhole) screeches open. Actually it proves to be a double door with delay between opening the first one sliding east to west and a second one sliding west to east, just barely enough for a fully armoured dwarf to snake his way through in an S shape (see map).

(OOC - Did he turn the key in CW or CCW?)

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 06-01-2016

Mundane stuff do include flint&steel and a grappling hook. Go ahead and ask what else you are looking for and I'll say yes or no. Let's restrict to 3 more items per PC, to keep things simple.

The key was turned "away" from the door as usual, i.e. CCW since it's left from the door.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Portho Nihilbuck - 06-02-2016

Portho begins looking through the gear to see if he can find items not easily damaged , such as Flint & steel, grappling hooks, crowbars, perhaps a hammer, or some pitons.

""Something more sentient than these spiders definitely did the damage to my companions equipment, quite deliberately too. I wonder myself how they overlooked me, as this would have taken time."

Agreeing wholeheartedly with the idea of resting Portho wraps his cloak around himself an slumps into a corner.

""You want first watch or shall I?"

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 06-02-2016

Portho finds a crowbar in Pearl's cocoon but no hammer or pitons. (flint and steel and grappling hook are confirmed earlier).

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 01:02 AM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: ""Something more sentient than these spiders definitely did the damage to my companions equipment, quite deliberately too. I wonder myself how they overlooked me, as this would have taken time."

Agreeing wholeheartedly with the idea of resting Portho wraps his cloak around himself an slumps into a corner.

""You want first watch or shall I?"

- Yeah, something sentient. Maybe your "tiny size" saved your life. I think the dead end chambers to north will be the best place to rest, but first we could refill our waterskins. I will create some water.

Torin searches a hole in the ground which functions as an improvised tube, he cleans up it.
Then he puts the crushed breastplate parts, the full plate parts, the helmet, ... there. After this he casts a Create Water spell there and fills his waterskins.

- I'll start the watch.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 06-02-2016

OOC - tube? you mean tub? or sink? There are minor cracks on the stone floor but nothing that would accept more than a pint of water.
OOC - remember that Torin may ask about three more items (that are not too soft)

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - Torin - 06-02-2016

OOC - Yes. Tub or sink. If there is no suitable improved sink then Torin will create one with his adamantine morninstar. I will ask about the three item at tomorrow.

RE: The Dwarven Ruins - DM Surranó - 06-03-2016

Morning stars have wooden shafts in my recognition and granite is hard but why not create the water inside the waterskins themselves? (effect does not need to be a single receptacle). You can decrease the caster level so that you won't be flooded but otherwise any excess water that don't fit into the available containers will spill over and cover the floor.