RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Rude Awakening
Having performed many dungeon crawls, not to mention several years in the underdark with his wife, Khayman was more then accustomed to tight spaces and have little to no fear of most undead. Listening to the priest and the offerings he'd supply the party, the old man asked, When was the last ghoul sighting, hell, the last undead sighting near Sandpoint?  
Quote this message in a reply
Abstalar nodded at Khaymens question. There have always been sightings. reports. usually when investigated there is nothing to find. But a Hunter did see tracks of some along the river recently. He followed the tracks to Paupers Graveyard, a place those without cash or non-worshippers go to bury their dead, about a mile east of town.  He said he saw several Ghouls having a 'meeting' of sorts while a larger one talked. Yes...talked. Belor went out to investigate it with a band of militia, but could find nothing to substantiate the hunters claims. None of the graves there were disturbed and he could not locate any entrance to a tunnel beneath the graveyard. 
Benji was already raring to begin a new chapter in his valiant misadventures and thus had resolved to accept the High Priest's request from the get-go. But he wisely held his tongue and let his comrades do some negotiating first; after all, being a hero and being a good businessman did not need to be mutually exclusive occupations.

The bard sat and listened attentively to the High Priest's story and subsequent discussion of the finer details of the request. He had encountered his fair share of ghosts, ghouls and other nasty undead before and Abstalar's desire to speak with the spirits of the dead reminded him of his dealings with the spirits of Ravengro's infamous prison, Harrowstone. Hrmm... Benji rumbled thoughtfully. Benji's no stranger to parlays with spirits. No stranger to butt-kicking smelly undead cheeks either! Skellies and ghoulies usually simpler to handle, yeah? You sees them skulking about, you gives them a good wallop and everybody's happy! Ghosts give Benji more headaches. Sometimes they's nice, sometimes they's not-so-nice, but usually a few screws loose upstairs either way. I hopes the aasimar lady is more in the mood for talks than angry hauntings.
Okay Abstalar, we are agreed we'll take the job, I do have one question about the tunnels under the grave yard. are they the only tunnels under sand point. The reason I ask this is that it's kind of unusual, I've heard of cities with tunnels beneath then several times but normally not under grave yards.
Abstalar nods. There once was a smugglers tunnel system that ran from beneath the glassworks to Junkers Beach. It was off that tunnel system that a temple to Lamashtu and a font for the creation of Sinspawn were discovered. That was sealed off though . Far too dangerous to have access to creating monsters with a vial of blood.

Later a sinkhole collapsed just south of the Garrison. It allowed access to a deeper ruin that could turn the 'Old Lighthouse' Into a weapon that fired magical beams. It also had The Labyrinth of Sin, with seven separate areas for each of the deadly sins with a servant of Lamashtu, The Scribbler, running amok in the Labyrinth. 3 years ago, we finally finished filling the sinkhole as that Ruin was sealed off as well. That one went very deep. As of right now, this tunnel network is all there is, as far as we know. 

Heres a drawing of a Sinspawn

[Image: ZC9n0brm.jpeg]

and here is a drawing of The Scribbler

[Image: 4SGOZsPm.png]
Eloric chuckled, "Where I'm from, finding a graveyard without a catacomb system beneath it is actually rather rare." He shrugged and continued after a sip of his coffee, "I suspect most people in my homeland hope that the deeper they bury their dead, the longer it will take them to climb back out."
Abstalar looked at the group and said I Imagine you are fatigued from your journey. I thank you for arriving to aid us in this endeavor. Ive already paid for room for you at the Rusty Dragon Inn. You have 4 room waiting for you. Each has two beds and they are rooms equipped with locks. You will get baths and meals there on the church during your stay here before the ritual. Enjoy your evening and I do expect to see you tomorrow before noon to enter the tunnels below. 

((Its now early evening. about 7pm))
"I think I can speak for all of us when I say thank you for your generous hospitality, it is getting a bit on in the evening and a bath and comfortable rest in a real bed is an uncommon luxury for me, we should go so that we can return well rested and at our best tomorrow!", Robsen says while giving a courtesan's bow to thier host.
Cutter turns and looks over at Khayman, So old man what do say are we going to be bunk mates. I hope you'll hold a bunk for me I have a couple errands to run before I turn in tonight. With that said Cutter exits the church.
Sure Cutter, the old man responded, then rose from his own seat as the elf darted off. I'll take my leave then, He said then make his own way toward the exit.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon