RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Rude Awakening
The fog starts to clear from your brain. Your mouth feels like a herd of wild rothe ran through it leaving their feces behind. Your head is pounding. The drug you unwittingly ingested wreaking havoc on your body. You try to open your eyes, but they are almost glued shut. Your body doesnt feel the same. It feels...different. You shift, feeling straw under your body. The smell of horse dung is in the air. Everything is similar...yet different. Then...a voice....in your mind.

Welcome Welcome. Wakey Wakey. Now is the time of our discontent. Ive taken the liberty of cloning each of you...well except for your little Kobold friend, who Just is here by happenstance. You are no longer where you are familiar with. You are somewhere else. Facing new challenges. Finding new allies...friends. Some of you know me well. Some of you I was merely a whispered name. Some only saw me once. I am Kelthas Dread. The wayward son of a Grand Wizard of Thay. I am one of The Seven...the most powerful Crime Lords, If I do say so myself, in all of Faerun. Im branching out now...to other worlds and dimensions. Most of you thwarted some of my endeavors, so this is payment. However I am nothing if not a sportsman. You see Ive discovered some new alchemical formulas that allowed me to perform whats occured and expanded my knowledge into physical medicine...and have created new bodies for you and put your minds into them. Ive done the same to your friends and family...and they are undergoing their own challenges...elsewhere. Before you try Cutter. I have your phylactery. It was easy to go into your tower with all of your friends at the party. ..

So Enjoy your new bodies...and get to know each other. Lets see if you can be heroes again....again hahahahaha. or if you will merely fail because youre not who you were...

was it your situation? or who you are inside? What is the measure of a hero? Ill be watching...welcome to my Experiment. 

with that the voice is out of your head. and the fuzz is gone. Your eyes snap open and take in your surroundings. A barn. what looks like a Copper scaled Kobold  dressed in finery and carrying a lute, A rather martial looking Lizardman with a neck frill, a halfling dressed in natural armor with a Man size Velociraptor looking around dangerously, A bearded man with otherworldly lineage leaning against the back wall and looking for all appearances like he has experienced far worse, Another woodsy type holding a bow and looking like he wanted to shoot it at someone, A shady looking guy in a hat and trenchcoat who looked around and then doubled when he saw the last, like they knew each other. and an Elf with a spider monkey on his lap..scowling...
Quote this message in a reply
Kelthas you bastard, was the first words to rubble forth from The Wanderer's lips, then seeing Cutter, you too? Looking down at himself, he recognized nothing, where two longswords once rested, what appeared to be a Rapier and Main-guache now rested, though the drow hand crossbow was a familiar site though it dredged up memories of his beloved wife. He swallowed down another growl of rage, rose and brushed himself off. Except for the kobold, Kelthas had said, so turning his gaze to the scaly creature he asked, his tone stoic, Where are we, and who are you?
Eloric popped open his eyes at half-mast. A long, deep, tired sigh escaped his lips as he rolled his eyes. He sniffed, shook his head, "Fuck."  Then got to his feet slowly and began to look around. It appeared one of the powers decided to speak to him finally.  For that brief second he had thought he was free of them, but of course that was just stupid. Of course they weren't done with him.  Now he was apparently in one of their fucked up experiments. "Fucker cloned my body. Makes sense I guess." 
He immediately checks the essentials.  Balls, cock, all fingers and toes, check. His heart sounded right and his breathing was fine. "Well that was decent of him at least. Didn't add or take anything away."  
His memories were still mostly intact though, that was bullshit.  He mumbled to himself, "Fucker could have at least relieved me of some of the more unpleasant ones."

He glanced down and noticed he had some strange gear and shook his head. He'd figure out if any of it was decent in a moment. But first the psion began looking around the room for something to drink.
Robsen snaps awake and looks around quickly at the strangers around him, and says " thought I was but dreaming but it appears I awaken in a nightmare!, he looks over his new body and gear mumbling out loud, " my gear has been replaced with gear of lesser power and quality then I remember! Sorry I guess I should introduce myself! I am Robsen Ranger the ranger of Dal goren woods at your service! It would seem!".
Merika'arme didn't move for a bit, his eyes moved around as he considered what he had heard. When he did move he ignored the others and instead eyes himself. He was smaller, and felt a lot weaker. He was also not the dark black color he had been but instead was a deep blue that was layered in a beautiful pattern he had to admit. He growled deep in his throat for a moment frustrated at this. His normal powerful Dragoloth frame was a lizardfolk body now... He flexed his arms and legs testing them out. Slowly he stood up to his full seven foot height, and ran a hand over his now bald scaly scalp. "Well this is disappointing." He sighed in a deep baritone voice that rumble out from his throat.
At first in his half conscious state, Cutter was cussing Sir Ael and Sienne for their damn High bread ales, but soon it started to become clear this was not a normal hang over. As Cutter cracked an eye open he heard the very much unwelcome voice from his past, He waited for the Dread to finish his little speal. Then answered with Blah Blah Blah Blah.  As he stood up and dusted the dirt and hay off himself, Cutter took a quick stock of himself. Ok Jackass, I don't know where you got this knockoff elf body or how you managed to get me in it, or for that matter I don't even know where I am. But it sure would be nice if you stopped messing with me.
Eloric was on his feet looking from something to wet his whistle as the others began to wake up and go through the normal stages of mild freak out to irritated disorientation.  He just waved his hand at those introducing themselves,  His voice was gravely and deep, but not so deep as to be baritone, "Yes, yes, pleasure to meet you all.  Names Eloric. It's nice to know we've all been fucked together." 

Oddly enough the man seems to be speaking to everyone and no one inpatricular at the same time.
Ugh...feels like head was dry-humped by an ogre. The copper kobold stumbled to his feet, clutching his temple, though the pain was mercifully subsiding. Stupid mage. Grand Wizard of Horse's Ass! Benji muttered to himself angrily as he pulled out a waterskin from his richly embroidered satchel and took a big swig from it. Insecure villains always making fancy big-brain plans. Compensating for tiny pee-pee more like.

Benji only truly noticed the others when the stern-looking man with the nice hat started asking him questions. Where are we? Hmm...can't say. Need to get out of this stink-house to tell ya more. The kobold rubbed his chin trying to recall his last whereabouts. I was traveling through Varisia, destination Sandpoint, before  Red-Robed Piss-Pot ambushed me.

But who are we?
Benji pulled out his lute and strummed a few chords, filling its listeners with a sense of strength and confidence. As the fleeting melody faded, so too did the feeling. The kobold flopped forward in an exaggerated bow. Benji Copperclaw, Envoy of Clan Arcath. Scion of dragons! The kobold thumped his chest with pride as he introduced himself.
Cade continues to shake his head for a few more minutes as the voices of the others present filter into him slowly.

"Finally, my destiny is upon me!" he exclaims gleefully, breaking into a huge grin which he beams to all present. "I knew that death curse wasn't my true calling!"

Standing up, he notices the feathered lizard bigger than him laying in a curled position that he had be unknowingly leaning against.

"Sorry there milady, I didn't mean to be sleeping on you. Did this nasty wizard send you here too?" he asks the dinosaur who locked eyes with him.

She replies with a short noise, somewhere between a chirp and a growl. As dangerous as she looked, she didn't move to attack or eat him immediately.

"Took your voice as well my darling? Well that's terrible. Stick with me and I'm make sure you're done by right." The raptor flashes forward surprisingly quickly, but she just nuzzles the top of her head into Cade's outstretched hand, seemingly accepting his proposal.

Turning back to the others, the halfling gives a small bow. "Cade Fallenleaf, pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm sure we'll all become good friends if you're going to assist me in my destiny!"
Okay people gather round, its time for a quick show and tell, So we at least know who we all are where we are all from and the big one why the horse thief is after us. After a brief pause cutter continues. My name is Cutter I hail from the Tethyr Forest, on the world of Faerun. Where I come from, I'm a fairly well known dealer in antiquities & rare books. For those of you familiar with Toril, I have businesses from the spine all the way down to Chult, from the Moonsheas in land to the Dale lands. Thats how me and Kelthas lives got entangled. He was the guy everyone went to sell trade or move anything any ware. He was the top Fence and Smuggler at the time and I really don't take orders or jump through hoops for anyone. Ever since I started my own operation Mr Dread has been doing his best to screw my life up every chance he gets. For a good 40 years we went back and forth we've clashed more times than I can count. Until I finally got too powerful for him to mess with anymore, so now it looks like he's found away to strip me of power and launch me the Gods only know where. The good thing is, the only thing bigger then his self inflated opinion of himself is his ego. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he just loves to play head games with his prey. And yes understand this right now we are his prey.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon