RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Rude Awakening
Robsen bows politely to the preists, and introduces himself, "I am Robsen, a humble servant of Meiliki, pardon, I guess your equivalents would be Cernunos or Erastil, a protector of the wilds. I thank you for your hospitality!". Robsen then takes a plate and picks a small venison pie, with some spiced potatoes, honeyed beets, and some peppercorns and then selects a chalice of fine red elven wine, before taking a seat. After finishing his 1st plate Robsen will return for a plate of fresh fruit and a slice of apple pie followed up by a cup of herbal tea.
Quote this message in a reply
Eloric sprouted a grin so wide it was either slightly comical or a bit frightening depending on the interpretation. "Thank you very much for diner, this looks fantastic. My name is Eloric, I'm a practitioner of innate mental magic. Not to be confused with a Sorcerer and a bit different than your normal wizard to be sure, but just as effective I'd like to think."  He didn't offer much more than that as he was uncertain how being from another world would be received. Besides the world of his birth was essentially a prison. And those from other worlds, yes he had encountered travellers for other realms before this incident, that were familiar the Domains of Dread would clearly have very little good things to say about the place if they were lucky enough to have escaped.

After that, Much like the feisty elf, Eloric wasted no time in fixing his plate. The meat pie and the spiced potatoes were not to be missed of course, with a glass or two of wine to go with that 1st plate. Then he would proceed with a second plate of various fruit before finishing off a third plate with two slices of apple pie, again not to be missed.  After he ate until he felt as though sleep were imminent, he casually enjoyed a nice coffee to stave off the after dinner nap.  It wouldn't do to fall asleep on their host.
Benji glanced at the table of food, then squinted suspiciously at Abstalar. You thinks you can butter up Benji with food and fire water first, hmm? The kobold tried hard to maintain his serious look, but quickly cracked and threw his head back in merry laughter. You is correct! Best way to the heart is through the guts! Business better digested on full stomach, I always says.

Many thanks to youse, Mister Priesto. We gratefully accepts the hospitality. The little bard bowed gracefully to his host; he let his new friends introduce themselves and hopped up on a chair, ready to dig in. Benji put a little bit of everything on his plate, sampling each new fare with surprising restraint and delicacy, thoroughly chewing and savoring the flavors with a happy sigh.
Nodding his head respectfully, Khayman, humble companion of Sir Copperclaw, the old man said by way of introduction, before turning to the table of foods and drinks and gathering a repast upon a plate and a mug of ale and finding himself a seat at one of the three tables.
Absatlar moves to the tables, picks up a plate and begins to place a sampling of the food on his plate as well. pours himself a glass of tea and sits at the closest of the 4 tables.  He asks simply How familiar are you with Sandpoints history? Noteably concerning Nualia, The Aasimar who lost her way.
Benji rubbed his chin in contemplation as he recalled the history lesson he shared with the others in the barn. We knows the basics, stuff from dusty old books and rumors from drink buddies. Thr kobold revealed their current understanding of Sandpoint and Nualia to Abstalar, though obviously in a condensed form since the High Priest was most likely more knowledgeable on the subject than Benji would ever be.
He nodded as Benji recounted what he was aware of, and Abstalar nodded. The Priest then said Yes she grew up in the previous temple, a ward of Ezakien Tobin, The previous priest. She was left on the churches doorstep. Ezakien was a good man. What happened to her is a failing of our town. She was raised knowing good, but something turned her from the path and she began to worship Lamashtu, The Mother of Demons, and saw her left arm turned into a demonic appendage as a reward.

Heres a picture an artist drew of her.

[Image: sgOvnUWm.png]

I feel we let her down. Her soul is to be damned with no chance at redemption. That is why I brought you here. Over the last 17 years Ive done much thinking on Poor Nualia, as she didnt deserve the fate she got. Im certainly not justifying her actions, but I wish it had never come to that sort of situation in the first place. That I only came to the town after the fire that took Ezakien's life is no excuse. All of those who worship Desna should know better and treat their children of the world more kindly. My predecessor's failure to be the father figure is in part what caused Nualia's fall, but the people of Sandpoint were no help in how they treated her as something less than human, something fit only to soften their own fears., or something to jealously covet. 

After her defeat, the least I could do was see to it that she got a proper burial here in town. Some folks blanched at the idea, but Im glad that most of us were more understanding and forgiving. Only I feel like its not enough. Nualia needs to know we've forgiven her. She needs to know that I have forgiven her. She doesnt deserve an afterlife of torment....her life was torment enough.

He took a long drink of tea and looked around, clearing his throat and continued.

Ive only spoken with one other of this. A friend named Audrahni. She is the priestess who gave me your name Benji. Nualia's been dead for nearly 2 decades, but time does not pass the same for the dead as it does for the living. Audrahni knows a ritual that can put us in contact with the spirits of the dead and in her latest letter shes told me shes willing to perform this ritual when next she visits., so that I can offer Nualia my apologies and forgive her. I dont know if that will be enough to help her, or to stave off an afterlife of torment; but I do know that if nothing is done, Sandpoint will have failed her again.

Here's where the complication comes in, In order for Audrahni's ritual to succeed, we need a physical link to Nualia's soul. Its been years and any of her belongings are long gone, which leaves only her mortal remains. As loath as I was to exhume her body, it was neccessary to the ritual, to giving her my forgiveness. But when we opened her grave, we made an awful discovery. Her coffin was empty. Tunneled into from below, so that when we reached it; the whole grave caved in. Naffer and I were fortunate enough to escape without much harm, but now theres a hole where her grave used to be ...a hole that leads to an underground tunnel below the boneyard.....

Now he stopped to let everything sink in and for the group to talk to express concerns.
Having checked his pouches back at the barn and seeing that funds would definitely be necessary, the old man swallowed another bite of food before asking in his normal monotone, How much are you willing to pay, half up front and what's the time limit? Force of habit, was hard to break.
Cutter listens to every word the priest says then after Khayman speaks, the Elf speaks up. So basically you want us to drop down in the tunnels below the grave yard, track down who ever took the corpse take the body away from them and bring it back. It's doable what's the value of the mission. After a pause for some thought Cutter adds. I don't have any problem crawling around the tunnels and finding your missing Stiff, but there are to many variables in this job. We have no idea who took the body or even what they plan on doing with it. The only reason I'm saying this is the price for a track and retrieval, is a lot less then say we find out it's a necro cult and we end up fighting 50 angry necromancers. I just want to make sure we get adequately compensated for any extreme difficulty's we might run into.  
Abstalar smiled at Cutters response, The thought the phrase 50 angry Necromancers hiding beneath Sandpoint was a curious turn of words. Well That would be something. I have a hunch its not that, but dangerous none the less. My thoughts lean towards Ghouls. I think that because of the claw marks on the bottom of edges/bottom of the coffin and the tunnel it opens up into both suggest that. Additionally ever since The Skinsaw Man, Ghouls have been a problem in the area. 

Here's a picture I had an artist do of that particular villain

[Image: bYTHtghm.jpeg]

Vorems Phage created a strain of Ghoul that was both more hardy and more cunning than any ever seen before. Now as for recompense; I would expect nothing less. I have prepared a collection of potions for you to take with you to use as you see fit and they are yours to keep if you dont use them. He lifts a bag up onto the table and begins pulling vials out of it. 1 Lesser Healing (2d8+5), 1 Lesser Anti-Plague (+2 to save), 1 Vial of Holy Water (1d6 damage to Undead with 1 pt splash), 1 Salve of Anti-Paralysis (application counteracts Paralysis) for each of you. Plus Ill provide 75 gold to each after the mission is complete. Ill provide 10 Gold each prior to the mission.  I hope that is sufficient. That will tap the Churches coffers for a while.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon